Prevent plagiarism, run a free plagiarism check.
- Knowledge Base
Best Plagiarism Checkers of 2023 Compared
Published on June 7, 2023 by Koen Driessen .
The best plagiarism checker should be able to detect plagiarism the most accurately, even if the original phrasing has been altered. The tool should also provide a clear, comprehensive plagiarism report.
To identify which plagiarism checker is best, we conducted in-depth research comparing the performance of 10 checkers. We uploaded plagiarized texts that were either directly copied and pasted or edited to varying degrees. In total, we used 140 sources to construct our test documents.
Overview of total scores per plagiarism checker, based on the amount of detected plagiarism:
Table of contents
Our process for comparing checkers, 1. scribbr review , 2. plagaware review, 3. quetext review, 4. viper review, 5. grammarly review, 6. plagiarism detector review, 7. copyleaks review, 8. smodin review, 9. compilatio review, 10. writer review, frequently asked questions about plagiarism checkers.
In order to find the best plagiarism checker, we analyzed different aspects of the tools, focusing on both depth and breadth.
We based our analysis on the following factors:
- Access to the biggest and most varied database
- Ability to detect the most plagiarism for the most source types
- Ability to detect plagiarism when the plagiarized texts have been paraphrased
- Highest quality of matches
- Level of user-friendliness and trustworthiness
We used the same test documents, test date (April/May 2023), evaluation criteria, and data analysis for each tool in order to objectively compare the plagiarism results side by side. This ensured that the results required very little interpretation on our part.
Also see our list of the best free plagiarism checkers and the best AI detectors .
“Catches plagiarism more accurately than any other checker”
- Finds the most plagiarism and works for edited texts, too
- Does not store or sell documents
- Offers a happiness guarantee and live support
- Offers a Self-Plagiarism Checker to check for self-plagiarism
- Offers a limited free version
- Quality comes at a price
- Cannot work directly in the tool
Quality of matches
Scribbr performed well for all source types relevant to students, such as journal articles and dissertations.
Most importantly, Scribbr’s checker was the most successful at detecting plagiarism in source texts that had been heavily edited to mimic accidental paraphrasing plagiarism.
Scribbr was also able to find full matches. This means the entire plagiarized portion is matched correctly to just one source, rather than multiple incorrect sources.
The results are presented in a clear, downloadable overview. Different colors are used for different sources, making it easy for users to assess each plagiarism issue separately.
Issues can be fixed with Scribbr’s free citation generator , which generates proper citations for any missed or improperly cited sources.
Users can also choose to combine the Plagiarism Checker with the Self-Plagiarism Checker , which is unique to Scribbr. This tool allows users to upload their own unpublished documents in addition to the public database.
Instead of requiring users to subscribe to their services, Scribbr charges per plagiarism check ($19.95–$39.95, depending on the word count).
However, users are unable to work directly in the tool, and it is not possible to re-check your document for free.
Scribbr does not store the uploaded documents, sell them to third parties, or share them with academic institutions. Data is automatically deleted after 30 days, or students can opt to manually delete their document after the check.
Scribbr has live and responsive customer support to assist students in multiple languages. There is easy access to a plagiarism checker guide and other free resources about plagiarism.
Scribbr also has a happiness guarantee, where students receive a new check or refund if they aren’t satisfied for any reason.
Try Scribbr’s Plagiarism Checker now
- Detects most of the plagiarism
- Documents not stored in database
- Multiple support options, but no live support
- Difficult to read PDF reports
- Does not work well for scholarly sources
Plagaware was often able to find full matches and attribute the text to the correct source. However, it performed poorly with heavily edited texts.
Sometimes, the tool did not correctly distinguish between separate plagiarized sources (i.e., it incorrectly attributed two consecutive paragraphs to the same source).
The website report is easy to navigate as it uses different colors for sources. The tool has a function that tells you how many words a plagiarized section has and gives a similarity percentage.
Unfortunately, the downloadable report is confusing to read as it uses only one color and doesn’t clearly link plagiarized text with a source.
Plagaware does not store files and does not sell uploaded content. Their website contains a contact form and phone number.
Discover Plagaware’s plagiarism checker
- Users can work directly in the tool
- Offers a citation assistant that helps with adding missing citations
- Partial matches where one source text is matched to multiple sources
- Reports are hard to read
Quetext detected about half the plagiarized text but was often unable to fully match the entire source text to one source. Instead, individual sentences get attributed to different sources.
The website states that Quetext checks against webpages and academic sources, but the tool does not in fact perform well for academic sources.
The website report sometimes did not correctly distinguish between plagiarized paragraphs and attributed them to the same source.
Quetext differentiates by severity of plagiarism in its online report: orange for partial matches and red for full matches. Otherwise, the same colors are used for different sources.
Users can work directly in the tool, and Quetext offers a citation assistant that helps generate the missing citations.
The original layout of the text is lost in both the website report and the downloadable report.
The tool does not store or re-upload your text, and it offers a help center with FAQs. There is no live support, but users can submit a help request on the website.
Discover Quetext’s plagiarism checker
- Ability to compare your newest document with previously uploaded documents
- Different colors for different source types
- Documents get published on external websites if you use the free version
- Performs poorly for scholarly sources
- Report can be hard to read, due to partial matches
Viper found about half of the plagiarism when the source text was directly copied or lightly edited, but it struggled to find plagiarism in moderately and heavily edited texts.
The tool had average performance for most source types but struggled specifically with scholarly source types such as journal articles and dissertations. This makes this tool less useful for students.
When Viper flagged plagiarism, it often matched the entire passage to one source. While the downloadable report was somewhat difficult to read, it helpfully uses different colors for different sources.
Viper also allows users to check their text against their own previously uploaded documents, which may help to catch instances of self-plagiarism.
Viper stores previous submissions and shows matches with those texts.
The tool does not sell your document if you use the paid version (prices start at $3.95 per 5,000 words). However, if you use the free version, the document is uploaded to an internal database. After three months, the text is published on an external website as an example for other students. This is not good if the content of your text is confidential.
Viper does not have live support, but there is a contact form on the website.
Discover Viper’s plagiarism checker
- Offers a language and citation assistant
- Does not sell or share documents with other parties
- Finds quite a low percentage of plagiarism
- 100,000 character limit (14,000–25,000 words)
- Same colors for different sources
Grammarly found a relatively low amount of plagiarism. It performed best with lightly edited texts. However, it scored below 50% in all other rounds of testing.
When it did find plagiarism, the tool was often able to find the right source. However, the matches were usually only partial and rarely included the entire plagiarized section.
The design is not very clear. As the tool is primarily used as a language checker, the plagiarism checker function is somewhat difficult to find. The tool uses the same color for all sources, making it hard to read.
The subscription comes with a language and style tool and offers a citation assistant that helps generate the missing citations. In addition, there is a 100,000 character limit for both the monthly plan ($30 per month) and the yearly plan ($12 per month).
Grammarly does not store, sell, or share documents with other parties.
There is a support page with tips, tutorials, and FAQs, and it is possible to submit a question via a form. However, there is no live support.
Discover Grammarly’s plagiarism checker
- Does not store or sell your document
- Difficult to find the plagiarized source in the report
- Same highlight colors for different sources
- Technical difficulties generating the report, and no live support
This tool had difficulty uploading the document for each round of testing (for the first round, it took over six hours to generate a report). It seems that Plagiarism Detector was unable to adequately process a document of this size, even though the document did not exceed their word limit of 25,000.
This tool was mostly only able to find partial matches, attributing individual sentences to one or more sources, rather than the entire section.
In the downloadable report, the format of the text is lost, making it hard to read. The list of sources is also difficult to cross-reference with the text above because the same colors are used for different sources.
Plagiarism Detector offers a rewrite tool to help resolve similarities, but the quality of this tool is questionable, and it does not help with the citation issues. You should resolve plagiarism by citing the relevant source, not by attempting to rewrite the text to disguise it.
Plagiarism Detector does not store or sell uploaded documents. There is no live support, but the website does offer a help request form.
Discover Plagiarism Detector’s plagiarism checker
- Text layout is kept intact in the online tool
- Difficult to read reports
- Performed poorly with academic sources
- Unclear data protection policy
Copyleaks performed relatively poorly with all source types. It lists multiple possible sources for flagged sentences. However, it was sometimes able to attribute an entire source block to the correct source.
The report distinguishes between text that is “identical” to a source, text that contains “minor changes,” and text that is “paraphrased.” However, its judgment is sometimes wrong.
The site report and downloadable report differed (the downloaded report flagged content that was not flagged on the site report). On the website report, the source information function did not always work correctly, so it was sometimes impossible to check the accuracy of the attributions.
The reports were also difficult to read, as they use the same color highlights for all sources. While the source formatting is maintained in the online tool, it is altered in the downloadable report.
Copyleaks claim that they “will never steal your work.” To permanently remove uploaded content from their database, users must contact customer support. The website has a chat option and a contact form.
Discover Copyleaks’ plagiarism checker
- Site has a citation generator
- Very low word limit
- Report is difficult to read
- Scans individual sentences rather than full texts
Smodin performed relatively poorly in all rounds of testing. While it got some sources correct, it struggled to get full matches and frequently attributed the same text to multiple different sources. It did particularly poorly with scholarly sources.
The tool has a very low limit of 2,000 words per scan.
Both the online report and the downloadable PDF report are difficult to read. The downloadable report displays the uploaded document, but it doesn’t highlight the text that it flags as plagiarized. Instead, below this, it includes the individual parts of the text that it recognizes as plagiarism.
However, it is difficult to read as the same text is repeated over and over again if multiple sources were found for it. The sources also do not seem to be in a logical order.
Their data protection policy suggests they can/might sell or repurpose uploaded content. There is no live support, but there is a contact form on the site.
Discover Smodin’s plagiarism checker
- You can use your credits for multiple documents
- Scans against other documents you have uploaded
- Doesn’t highlight the plagiarized parts in the text
- Hard to review and resolve instances of plagiarism
Compilatio was able to find a few of the plagiarized sources, but it struggled if the source text had been moderately or heavily edited. However, when it was able to identify a source, it was often correct.
It was not possible to determine how accurately Compilatio could match the source to a plagiarized source text, since the plagiarized parts were not highlighted. Instead, the report only shows the general area that matches the source. This may limit its helpfulness to users, since it’s hard to review and resolve potential instances of plagiarism.
As the report does not highlight the flagged text, it does not provide a good overview of the potential issues. Additionally, you cannot work in the tool, so it’s not possible to exclude similarities from the report.
The tool scans the text against other documents you have uploaded, which can help to avoid self-plagiarism.
Users can buy packages for 5,000 words for €3.99 (no $ value is available on the site), 25,000 words for €14.99, or 50,000 words for €24.99. These credits can be used for multiple documents and are valid for 12 months after purchase.
Compilatio does not share or sell submitted documents, and the documents are not used as comparison material for other users.
There is no live support available, but they do provide a helpdesk with FAQs and a request form.
Discover Compilatio’s plagiarism checker
- Part of a tool with many other useful functions
- Allows you to edit in the tool
- Text format is not altered
- Doesn’t find much plagiarism
- Doesn’t provide a downloadable report
Quality of matches
This tool found very little plagiarism. It struggled particularly with scholarly sources like dissertations and academic journals.
It scans sentence by sentence, rather than whole paragraphs. As a result, the plagiarized text is often attributed to multiple sources, rather than just one.
The plagiarism checker function is part of a larger language tool that provides grammar and spelling checks. As the tool doesn’t display an overall plagiarism percentage, we couldn’t apply our normal testing methodology.
The tool has a nice, clean design and was relatively easy to use. The format of the text remains intact, and you can work directly in the tool. However, it doesn’t provide a downloadable report, so you must work solely on the website.
Writer claims that its tool is secure and safe to use and that it won’t share your information with anybody. A detailed security policy is described on a separate page.
They provide a contact number and email address on the site, but no live support.
Discover Writer’s plagiarism checker
Go back to the best plagiarism checker
Plagiarism can be detected by your professor or readers if the tone, formatting, or style of your text is different in different parts of your paper, or if they’re familiar with the plagiarized source.
Many universities also use plagiarism detection software like Turnitin’s, which compares your text to a large database of other sources, flagging any similarities that come up.
It can be easier than you think to commit plagiarism by accident. Consider using a plagiarism checker prior to submitting your paper to ensure you haven’t missed any citations.
The accuracy depends on the plagiarism checker you use. Per our in-depth research , Scribbr is the most accurate plagiarism checker. Many free plagiarism checkers fail to detect all plagiarism or falsely flag text as plagiarism.
Plagiarism checkers work by using advanced database software to scan for matches between your text and existing texts. Their accuracy is determined by two factors: the algorithm (which recognizes the plagiarism) and the size of the database (with which your document is compared).
Yes, Scribbr offers a limited free version of its plagiarism checker in partnership with Turnitin. It uses Turnitin’s industry-leading plagiarism detection technology and has access to most content databases.
Run a free plagiarism check
If you’re a university representative, you can contact the sales department of Turnitin .
Your document will be compared to the world’s largest and fastest-growing content database , containing over:
- 99.3 billion current and historical webpages.
- 8 million publications from more than 1,700 publishers such as Springer, IEEE, Elsevier, Wiley-Blackwell, and Taylor & Francis.
Note: Scribbr does not have access to Turnitin’s global database with student papers. Only your university can add and compare submissions to this database.
Cite this Scribbr article
If you want to cite this source, you can copy and paste the citation or click the “Cite this Scribbr article” button to automatically add the citation to our free Citation Generator.
Driessen, K. (2023, June 07). Best Plagiarism Checkers of 2023 Compared. Scribbr. Retrieved December 5, 2023, from https://www.scribbr.com/plagiarism/best-plagiarism-checker/
Is this article helpful?
Other students also liked, types of plagiarism and how to recognize them, how to avoid plagiarism | tips on citing sources, consequences of mild, moderate & severe plagiarism, what is your plagiarism score.
Best Plagiarism Checkers for Research Papers
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a commission at no expense to you. Learn more
With the internet being as vast and expansive as it is, it’s no wonder that more and more people are turning to it for research purposes. And when you’re writing a research paper, it’s important to make sure that all of your information is coming from reliable sources.
The problem with this, of course, is that not all of the information out there is reliable. In fact, a lot of it is downright plagiarized. It can be tough to determine whether or not a source is reputable, and more often than not, you’ll end up plagiarizing content without even realizing it.
But how can you be sure?
Use the best plagiarism checker tools for research papers to make sure your content is original and trustworthy.
We will discuss some of the best tools used by professionals below.
Table of Contents
Why use a plagiarism checker tool for research?
- When writing a research paper, it is important to ensure that all of your sources are properly cited.
- A plagiarism checker tool can help you to ensure that your citations are accurate and that you are not inadvertently plagiarizing someone else’s work.
- It can help you to identify any potential areas of plagiarism in your own work so that you can correct them before submitting your paper.
- Plagiarism is not only detrimental to your writing, it is also unethical and morally wrong to pass off something as your own that belongs to another person.
- The ramifications of plagiarism can be severe because it can lead to a student being expelled from a PhD program, revoked degrees from colleges and universities, lawsuits for copyright infringement, and/or criminal charges.
- Plagiarism also has negative effects on an individual’s career by making him/her look like they are not trustworthy.
Overview Of The Best plagiarism checkers for research papers
Trinka – designed for academic and technical writing.
Trinka is an AI-powered English grammar and plagiarism checker . It also doubles as a language enrichment writing assistant.
We have been testing Trinka recently and fell in love with it. Trinka is founded by Enago, an established academic service provider. So, they are well-versed in the needs of academic papers or technical writing.
Using real-time writing recommendations, Trinka corrects contextual spelling problems and sophisticated grammatical issues.
It aids academics and professionals in ensuring that their writing is clear, succinct, and interesting.
Below is a comparison of its performance against Grammarly from a Trinka whitepaper. Trinka wins in Domain, Usage, and Style.
We are also delighted to see its Publication Readiness feature included in the free plan. If you have issues with publishing your paper, chances are something is wrong with your manuscript. This Publication Readiness Checker may just be that difference maker.
- More suited for academic and technical writing
- Consistency Check that’s made for scientific writing
- Publication readiness check is a lifesaver (included in the free plan!)
- Flexible – credit-based pricing. Free-credits every month
- No desktop or mobile app
- Free version limits word count to 10,000 words/month
Turnitin is a great tool for academic researchers and PhD students to use to check their papers for plagiarism. It can help them to make sure that their papers are original and have not been copied from another source. Turnitin also provides feedback on how much of the paper is plagiarized, which can help researchers to improve their writing.
One of the benefits of Turnitin is that it is available online and can be used from any computer. This makes it easy to use for students who are working on papers at home or away from campus. Turnitin also has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use.
Another benefit of this plagiarism tool is that it is affordable. The price for using Turnitin is lower than the price for most other plagiarism detection tools. This makes it a cost-effective option for researchers and students.
Finally, Turnitin provides accurate results. The plagiarism detection tool has been tested and proven to be reliable in detecting plagiarism. This means that researchers and students can trust the results that are provided by Turnitin.
- This tool provides a report that shows the percentage of originality, from what exact materials the info was copied or rephrased.
- Instructors can also ask the service to ignore small matches, such as three words or fewer, and they can set the number.
- It’s possible to use the service and opt-out of storing student papers, and to opt-out of checking them against any specific type of source (such as the repository of student papers, the internet, and publications).
- Turnitin cannot match students’ work to websites that require a login or those which do not allow search engines to add them.
- Not mentioned.
Duplichecker is a valuable online tool that can help academic researchers and PhD students to improve the accuracy and consistency of their work. It allows users to compare two pieces of text and to identify any similarities or differences between them.
This can be helpful for checking the accuracy of research findings, for plagiarism detection, and for ensuring the consistency of terminology and style across a document or project.
The main Duplichecker interface is easy to use. Simply paste in the text that you want to compare, and hit the ‘Compare’ button. The tool will then show you a list of all the similarities and differences between the two texts. You can click on any of the highlighted text to see a more detailed comparison.
- Detects plagiarism in multiple languages and let’s teachers know which websites were used.
- Allows you to check plagiarism through text, URL and different files such as doc, pdf, rtf, among others.
- Differentiate duplicate and unique phrases.
- It has excellent artificial technology, so you can check plagiarism, paraphrased content, and grammatical errors.
- Duplichecker guarantees you 100% security, it does not save texts or documents after their plagiarism is verified.
- The free version has a maximum of 1,000 words, which is very little.
- From $20/month.
Quetext is an online platform that enables academic researchers and PhD students to find and use public domain texts for their research. Using Quetext, academic researchers and PhD students can search for texts from a variety of different sources, including books, journals, newspapers, and websites.
Quetext also allows academic researchers and students to save, annotate, and cite the texts they find. In addition, Quetext offers a variety of different tools that academic researchers and PhD students can use to improve their research productivity, including a thesaurus, a plagiarism checker, and a citation tool.
- Uses DeepSearch™ to scan papers, documents and other input writings for slightest possible traces of accidental plagiarism.
- Their comprehensive plagiarism score is backed by billions of internet sources
- Respects user privacy and doesn’t store your submitted content in their database.
- Requires paid subscription to scan more than 3 documents or documents more than 500 words.
- To use the Upload Files and Exclude URL feature, you have to get the PRO plan.
- From $9.99/month.
Copyscape is an online plagiarism checker that is used to determine the originality of a document. It is a very popular tool and is used by academic researchers and PhD students to ensure that their work is original.
Copyscape allows you to compare your work with other sources online to see if there are any similarities. If there are similarities, then it will show you where they are located in the text. It is a very useful tool for academic research and can help to prevent plagiarism.
- They also have an API if you want to check automatically.
- It allows you to check the copy resources as well which gives you the perfect belonging of content.
- Integrates with other software; such as Grammarly.
- The pricing structure is a bit weird. Instead of just charging per document, they charge per 200 words and then 100 words after.
- From $4.95/month.
As a researcher or Ph.D. student, it’s important to make sure that your work is original and properly cited. Grammarly’s plagiarism checker can help you do this by checking your work for plagiarism and providing feedback on how to properly cite your sources.
Grammarly is a free online tool that can help you improve your writing skills. It not only provides a plagiarism scan but also provides a grammar checker, plagiarism scans, and incorrect citation checks. It also provides feedback on how to improve your writing style.
Grammarly is available as a desktop app and a browser extension. The desktop app is available for Windows and Mac, and the browser extension is available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
- Over 600 universities and millions of bloggers, authors, and creative people trust Grammarly.
- Detects even the tiniest possibility of plagiarised content and generates a percentage report.
- Grammar and punctuation checker that works well (you sure can have different tools for this, but having everything in one place is a bonus).
- Huge lags when editing larger chunks of text.
- Acclimatization can take time (e.g., this article is 2,500 words and takes quite a few seconds for Grammarly to check)
- From $30/month.
Copyleaks is an online plagiarism detection service that helps academic researchers and PhD students to identify potential cases of plagiarism in their work. It allows users to compare their work against a database of millions of academic papers, and highlights any potential areas of overlap. This can be helpful in identifying accidental plagiarism, as well as instances of deliberate plagiarism.
Copyleaks also offers a handy plagiarism checker tool, which can be used to scan an entire document for potential plagiarism. The checker is free to use, and can be accessed on the Copyleaks website.
- In any language, Copyleaks detects plagiarised content.
- Has a large internal database of user-submitted content (for accurate results) that is utilised to match for comparable content.
- They offer a division that specialises in plagiarism detection for SEO firms and publishers.
- You can scan up to 2,500 words every month for free using Copyleaks.
- You’ll need to upgrade to their paid edition to get additional information.
- From $9.16/month.
SmallSEOTools Plagiarism Checker
When it comes to academic research, plagiarism is a big deal. Many scholars and students rely on specialized plagiarism tools like SmallSEOTools Plagiarism Checker to help them avoid accidentally copying someone else’s work or unintentional plagiarism. This tool is essential for anyone who wants to ensure the accuracy and originality of their writing.
Small SEO Tools Plagiarism Checker is a free plagiarism checker that allows you to compare your work against billions of web pages, articles, and other documents. It’s simple to use; just copy and paste your text into the box on the homepage and click “Check.” The tool will then detect plagiarism or duplicate content in your text-if any, and provide you with a plagiarism report.
- SmallSEOTools is a free online plagiarism detector for students that is both easy and powerful.
- Offers a number of other tools that can be useful for checking for plagiarism in web content.
- It allows you to upload documents from the cloud (Google Drive and Dropbox).
- Sample versions are mostly useless.
- From $9.80/month.
Plagium is significant for academic researchers and Ph.D. students because it allows them to check their papers for plagiarism. It also helps them to find sources that they may have missed when writing their papers.
Plagium is also essential for businesses because it can help them to make sure that their marketing materials are not plagiarized. It can also help them to find new ideas for their marketing campaigns.
Finally, plagium is important for authors because it can help them to find out if their work has been plagiarized. It can also help them to find new sources for their work.
- An institution’s institutional account can be used by several users.
- The commercial version includes a function that allows you to upload several files and compare the similarity of two writings.
- To gain access to additional features, you must first register.
- The free version only allows for cursory searches; deep searches require a premium membership.
- From $18/month.
Ultimate Guide to a plagiarism detection tool for Academic Research
Defining plagiarism – types and examples.
Plagiarism occurs when you replicate the thoughts, ideas, and words of another without giving them the credit they deserve .
So, when you do research online, make sure you 1) cite the source and attribute the credit when it’s due and 2) blend the reference into your own content.
We have talked about some of the Best Academic Writing Tools here.
Plagiarism may be classified into several types:
- Plagiarizing from your own work- this is when you copy sections of your own work and offer it as new material.
- Plagiarism from other sources- This is when you copy content from other sources without crediting the original author.
- Paraphrasing without attribution is when you steal someone else’s content and alter the words around, but you don’t give credit to the original author.
- Quoting without attribution is when you utilize someone else’s text without crediting the original author.
All of these sorts of plagiarism are considered cheating and can result in severe penalties. It is critical to understand the many forms of plagiarism and to always give credit to the original author anytime you utilize someone else’s work.
Why pay when there are so many free tools?
There are several reasons why people would opt to pay for a plagiarism detection program when there are so many free ones accessible. As a researcher myself, my biggest reasons are:
- Accuracy – I want to be able to trust the tool to detect plagiarism in my writing.
- Ease of use – how easy is it to trace the plagiarism and make the fixes
- Performance – does it tell me who’s content my writing is similar to?
Free tools either have issues with accuracy or are inherently difficult to navigate. Also, most of them do not show the source of plagiarism.
Other than these, you may also consider the following.
What features should you look for in a plagiarism checker tool?
When looking for a plagiarism checker tool, you should consider the following features:
1. Ease of use – The plagiarism checker tool should be easy to use, with a user-friendly interface.
2. Accuracy – The plagiarism checker tool should be accurate, and be able to detect plagiarized content quickly.
3. Coverage – The plagiarism checker tool should be able to detect plagiarized content from a variety of sources, including online articles, journals, and books.
4. Speed – The plagiarism checker tool should be able to scan content quickly so that you can get results fast.
5. Price – The plagiarism checker tool should be affordable, and offer a variety of pricing options.
6. Support – The plagiarism checker tool should offer customer support so that you can get help when needed.
So what’s the best way to avoid plagiarism and make sure your research paper is up to the desired standards? Use a plagiarism checker tool, of course! There are a number of different plagiarism checkers out there, and each one has its own strengths and weaknesses.
But no matter which tool you choose, using it is better than not using it at all. Have you tried using a plagiarism checker for your research papers? If not, now might be a good time to start. Let us know in the comments which plagiarism checker works best for you.
There is more.
Check out our other articles on the Best Academic Tools Series for Research below.
- Learn how to get more done with these Academic Writing Tools
- Learn how to proofread your work with these Proofreading Tools
- Learn how to broaden your research landscape with these Academic Search Engines
- Learn how to manage multiple research projects with these Project Management Tools
- Learn how to run effective survey research with these Survey Tools for Research
- Learn how get more insights from important conversations and interviews with Transcription Tools
- Learn how to manage the ever-growing list of references with these Reference Management Software
- Learn how to double your productivity with literature reviews with these AI-Based Summary Generators
- Learn how to build and develop your audience with these Academic Social Network Sites
- Learn how to make sure your content is original and trustworthy with these Plagiarism Checkers
- Learn how to talk about your work effectively with these Science Communication Tools
3 thoughts on “Best Plagiarism Checkers for Research Papers”
I really appreciated your blog post about plagiarism checkers for research papers. I feel like I’m always looking for the best tools for this and it’s been difficult to find them without a lot of trial and error. I loved that you mentioned how to use the best plagiarism checker tools for research papers to make sure your content is original and that you mentioned how easy it is to find reliable information on the internet.
We’re glad to hear that you found our blog post on plagiarism checkers for research papers useful. We understand that finding the right tools for plagiarism checking can be challenging, and that’s why we strive to provide comprehensive and helpful information on the subject. We’re glad you found our tips on how to use plagiarism checker tools for research papers and our emphasis on the importance of original content helpful.
We understand the importance of originality in research papers, and we hope that our post has helped you to find the right tools to ensure that your work is original. We appreciate your feedback, and we’re always happy to hear that our content has been helpful to our readers. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Joannah, thank you for the list! I usually use Studybay Plagiarism Checker to check my papers, and I am satisfied with the results. But it is always useful to look for new tools. Not to replace the usual tool but improve it and have more than one method for paper plagiarism checking.
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
We maintain and update science journals and scientific metrics. Scientific metrics data are aggregated from publicly available sources. Please note that we do NOT publish research papers on this platform. We do NOT accept any manuscript.
2012-2023 © scijournal.org
- UGC-CARE Journals
14 Best Free Plagiarism Checkers Online – 2023
Best free online plagiarism checkers 2023
Table of contents
Why plagiarism checkers, 5 important questions to ensure before giving your content to a free plagiarism checker, best free plagiarism checkers online overall list, 1. duplichecker.com, 2. plagiarismsoftware.net, 3. plagiarism checkerx, 4. plagscan.com, 5. plagramme.com, 6. smallseotools.com – free plagiarism checker, 7. plagiarisma.net, 8. quetext.com, 9. easybib.com, 10. noplag.com, 11. viper plagiarism checker, 12. copyleaks plagiarism checker, 13. turnitin.com, 14. ithenticate.com.
- How to Choose the Best Plagiarism Checkers
Recent Best Plagiarism Checkers List 2023
Plagiarism is a serious offense that can hurt your academic or professional career. To avoid accusations of plagiarism, it’s important to use a plagiarism checkers to ensure that your work is original.
There are many different plagiarism checkers available, so it can be difficult to choose the right one. In this article, we’ll compare the best plagiarism checkers of 2023 and help you choose the one that’s right for you.
Plagiarism is not happening with intention. most of the time, it appears by mistake in your thesis. Even a single inaccurate citation also considered being plagiarism. To identify plagiarism, there are many free plagiarism checkers available online.
Identifying unoriginal content, reducing similarity, and improving the quality of your thesis with some effective free plagiarism checker tools are very important before submitting your thesis.
In this article, ilovephd provides the 10 free plagiarism checker tools available online for your thesis correction.
Risk Factors of Free Plagiarism Software
When it comes to free plagiarism software, the first thing that comes to your mind is content theft .
There are hundreds of free plagiarism-checking software available online but still, it would be difficult to recommend a free tool to check plagiarism. Let’s see some of the major reasons why researchers refuse to use free plagiarism software.
- How are plagiarism-checking tools earning?
- Does that plagiarism checker store and sell your content?
- How effective that plagiarism checker is?
- Does the end report accurate?
By finding the answer to these questions, you can go further to take a plagiarism report in the free tools. With these important questions, we analyzed more than 50 free tools and shortlisted 10.
Most of the tools given in the list are earned by Google Adsense also ensures the data protection of the unpublished scientific thesis content.
Here are some of the best free plagiarism checkers available online:
- Grammarly: Grammarly offers a free plagiarism checker that scans your text for duplicate content and provides a similarity percentage. It’s user-friendly and integrates well with your writing process.
- Copyscape: Copyscape is a dedicated plagiarism checker that can be used for free to find duplicate content online. It’s especially useful for verifying if your content has been copied by others.
- DupliChecker: DupliChecker provides a free and user-friendly plagiarism checker that scans your content for similarities and generates a plagiarism report.
- SmallSEOTools: SmallSEOTools offers a comprehensive suite of SEO and content-related tools, including a free plagiarism checker. It’s simple to use and provides detailed reports.
- Plagscan: Plagscan offers a limited number of free checks per month. It’s known for its accuracy and is commonly used in academic and research settings.
- Quetext: Quetext offers a free plagiarism checker with a simple interface and the ability to upload documents for scanning. It provides a similarity percentage and highlights potential issues.
- PaperRater: In addition to grammar and spell checking, PaperRater offers a free plagiarism checker that provides an originality score and identifies potential sources of plagiarism.
- Prepostseo: Prepostseo offers a free plagiarism checker that allows you to upload documents or check text directly on their website. It provides a similarity percentage and highlights duplicate content.
- Plagiarisma: Plagiarisma is an online plagiarism checker that supports multiple languages and checks content against a wide range of sources on the web.
- PlagScan (Free Trial): While PlagScan offers a paid service, it also provides a free trial version that allows you to check a limited number of documents for plagiarism
10 Best Plagiarism Checkers Free for Thesis, Research Paper, and Assignment
Duplichecker is a free online plagiarism-checking software developed for proofreading, editing online content, and plagiarism chinking for students and academic writers. this site gives the best accuracy of output with a statistical report by using their tools.
Plagiarism software is one of the famous free plagiarism checkers online . This tool was designed in a way to help academic writers to analysis their text documents. This free plagiarism checker performance accurate and gives all possible details about the document.
This software is designed to detect duplicate content against your given documents/text/thesis which helps students, teachers, universities, colleges, and academic writers to check the originality of their content over plagiarized material.
Plagiarism CheckerX software’s trial version is FREE to download but has some limitations. But still, it performs better in the free version for small chunks of the document.
PlagScan is another leading plagiarism checker tool with strong privacy and legal compliance. PlagScan ensures the uploaded documents will never be shared with unauthorized third parties.
Plagramme plagiarism checking software works deeply to check the citations, online contents, and academic documents. plagramme reports if traces of repeated paraphrasing and copied content are found in your thesis.
Small SEO Tools offers a Best Free Plagiarism detector which gives deep insights of the document with respective copied URLs. This free plagiarism tool helps millions of students and writers to check the plagiarism every day.
Plagiarisma is a free plagiarism checker tool which also available for Android devices. This easy and free plagiarism tool helps you to check plagiarism in an effective way.
Quetext is a leading plagiarism-detection software, providing services to over 2 million teachers, students, and professionals worldwide. Quetext is to empower writers with a sense of security in their work.
EasyBib Plus plagiarism tool provides all-in-one support to cover all your bases. The premium version of the software covers more futures.
With a single scan, you’ll receive personalized feedback to help identify potentially missing citations and help improve your sentence structure, punctuation, grammar, and more.
Noplag provides a detailed plagiarism report that you can send and share. So don’t let plagiarism issues slow you down anymore, deal with them in the fastest and most effective. it offers various services such as plagiarism checkers for universities, colleges, schools, students, teachers, and academics.
Viper Plagiarism Checker is an online plagiarism detection software that scans documents for potential plagiarism. It is used by students, teachers, and professionals to check for plagiarism in written work. It compares the content of a document to a vast database of online sources, including websites, journals, and other documents, to detect any potential plagiarism.
Copyleaks Plagiarism Checker is an online tool that helps you detect plagiarism in your content. It scans your content for plagiarism against billions of online sources and provides you with an instant report. It also helps you identify the sources of plagiarism and provides you with a detailed report on the plagiarism check. Copyleaks Plagiarism Checker can be used to check academic papers, articles, blog posts, and other types of content.
2 Best Paid Plagiarism Checkers for Thesis, Research paper, and Assignment (Recommended Versions)
Turnitin.com provides a premium version of services to students and institutions with 10 types of plagiarism based on findings worldwide.
Each type has been given an easy-to-remember moniker to help students and instructors better identify and discuss the ramifications of plagiarism in student writing.
iThenticate is the leading provider of professional plagiarism detection and prevention technology used worldwide by scholarly publishers and research institutions to ensure the originality of written work before publication. iThenticate helps editors and authors prevent misconduct by comparing manuscripts against its database of over 60 billion web pages and 155 million content items, including 49 million works from 800 scholarly publisher participants.
iThenticate helps editors and authors prevent misconduct by comparing manuscripts against its database of over 60 billion web pages and 155 million content items, including 49 million works from 800 scholarly publisher participants.
How to Choose the Best Plagiarism Checker s
When choosing a plagiarism checker, there are a few things you’ll want to consider:
- Price: Plagiarism checkers can range in price from free to hundreds of dollars per year. Choose a plagiarism checker that fits your budget.
- Features: Some plagiarism checkers offer more features than others. Make sure the plagiarism checker you choose has the features you need, such as a plagiarism report and a grammar checker.
- Ease of use: Plagiarism checkers should be easy to use. Choose a plagiarism checker that’s easy to understand and navigate.
- Reliability: Plagiarism checkers should be reliable. Choose a plagiarism checker that has a good reputation and that’s been used by others.
Plagiarism is a serious offense that can have a negative impact on your academic or professional career. To avoid accusations of plagiarism, it’s important to use a plagiarism checker to ensure that your work is original.
Ensuring the originality of your content is essential, and the best plagiarism checkers mentioned above can assist you in avoiding the severe consequences associated with plagiarism.
By considering factors such as content database size, user interface, additional features, and pricing plans, you can select the most suitable plagiarism checker to meet your specific needs. Invest in these reliable tools to enhance your writing integrity and achieve peace of mind.
There are many different plagiarism checkers available, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. In this article, we’ve compared the best plagiarism checkers of 2023 and helped you choose the one that’s right for you.
We hope this article helps you to choose the right plagiarism tool to check your thesis, research manuscript, and assignments.
You Might Also Love to Read 10 Types of Plagiarism – Every Academic Writer Should Know
- Turnitin: As a leading plagiarism detection tool, Turnitin excels in its comprehensive content database and its ability to provide links to original sources. It offers a user-friendly interface and is suitable for academic purposes.
- Grammarly: While renowned for its grammar-checking capabilities, Grammarly also offers a powerful plagiarism checker. It is versatile, capable of detecting plagiarism in various types of content, and provides helpful suggestions to improve language usage.
- Copyscape: Copyscape specializes in detecting duplicate content on the internet. With its robust search capabilities, it is an excellent tool for bloggers, website owners, and content creators.
- Plagscan: Plagscan stands out with its advanced plagiarism detection algorithms and integration options. It caters to both academic and professional users, offering accurate and detailed reports.
- DupliChecker: DupliChecker is a user-friendly plagiarism checker that allows you to scan text up to 1,000 words for free. Its simplicity and quick analysis make it suitable for casual users.
- Quetext: Quetext provides a reliable plagiarism detection system with an intuitive interface. Its extensive database and contextual analysis help identify similarities in content effectively.
- Small SEO Tools Plagiarism Checker: Small SEO Tools offers a free plagiarism checker that scans text for duplicate content. It provides a basic but useful service for quick plagiarism checks.
- Unicheck: Unicheck focuses on academic plagiarism detection, offering integration with various learning management systems. Its comprehensive reports and intuitive interface make it an excellent choice for educational institutions.
- Plagramme: Plagramme offers a user-friendly interface and accurate plagiarism detection. It provides detailed reports and is suitable for both academic and professional users.
- Scribbr Plagiarism Checker: Scribbr’s plagiarism checker is specifically designed for students, providing comprehensive reports and guidance to improve academic writing. It integrates seamlessly with other writing tools.
- academic integrity
- avoid plagiarism
- Best Plagiarism Checker
- content originality
- how to check plagiarism
- how to check plagiarism online free
- plagiarism checker
- plagiarism checkers
- plagiarism detection
- plagiarism detector
- plagiarism online
- Scribbr Plagiarism Checker
- Small SEO Tools Plagiarism Checker
- top plagiarism checkers
Indian researchers spent $17 million in 2020 for oa journals, diary of a phd student.
[…] 10 Free Plagiarism Checker Tool for Thesis […]
[…] all your Journals, Magazines, Book Chapters, Thesis, and other materials in an organized […]
The info talked about within the write-up are a number of the best offered.
This list is very useful and can across some of the new tools with the help of this list. Thank !
Nice!! This article offers tips on how to write a research paper without plagiarising, which is crucial.
Great!! This is an effective tool for checking for plagiarism. The collection of resources is excellent for essay writers.
Hi team! How do I get a plagiarism check/type that that check an unlimited words in a manuscript for free of charge?
Thancks great dr
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
iLovePhD is a research education website to know updated research-related information. It helps researchers to find top journals for publishing research articles and get an easy manual for research tools. The main aim of this website is to help Ph.D. scholars who are working in various domains to get more valuable ideas to carry out their research. Learn the current groundbreaking research activities around the world, love the process of getting a Ph.D.
Join iLovePhD WhatsApp Channel Now!
Contact us: [email protected]
Copyright © 2019-2023 - iLovePhD
- Artificial intelligence
Best Plagiarism Checker Tool for Researchers — Top 4 to choose from!
While common writing issues like language enhancement, punctuation errors , grammatical errors, etc. can be dealt with the help of proofreading tools and editing services , the pervasive concern of plagiarism is difficult to tackle. This unethical act is a serious concern among writers, students, researchers, and other academics. Hence, the need for plagiarism checkers is in high demand to make your academic paper unique.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Use a Plagiarism Checker?
Plagiarism is a non-forgivable offense, especially in academia. Moreover, if caught (which is easily possible with the use of the best plagiarism checkers ) can lead to researchers jeopardizing their reputation in the field, getting expelled, or even being terminated from their respective universities.
Research papers and any form of documentation require you to do thorough research, develop the structure, and follow the provided guidelines. A lot of people prefer to renounce all the hassle, and that’s where things go wrong. Plagiarism is not always an intentional act. It could be a result of ignorance, poor time management, confusion about what constitutes plagiarism, etc. However, this could be easily avoided by using an online plagiarism checker.
You should use the best plagiarism checker and scan your papers because:
- Openly available resources available through plagiarism checkers detect plagiarism comprehensively.
- It highlights exact plagiarized content for easier navigation.
- Plagiarism checkers often provide percentage matches.
- Most plagiarism checkers detect incorrectly paraphrased content as well.
- The use of plagiarism checker tools displays the honest intentions of the writer.
How to Choose the Best Plagiarism Checker?
A plagiarism checker is software used to detect imitation of someone else’s work. The internet is overflowing with multiple plagiarism checkers with varied features. How do you decide which plagiarism checker is best suited for your work?
Here we discuss 3 major factors to consider before selecting a plagiarism checker tool.
1. Cost of the Tool:
While there are several free tools available online, they are not as advanced as paid ones. Free plagiarism checker tools are easily accessible but fail at offering comprehensive checks. In most cases, they do not detect plagiarized content from all sources. On the other hand, paid plagiarism checker tools often offer advanced features such as spelling and grammar checks , calculating the authenticity score of the document, and the ability to integrate with websites and third-party applications, along with comprehensive plagiarism checking across several databases.
2. Ease of Access:
Digital tools are supposed to ease our work. However, tools can complicate our work at times. Thus, having a user-friendly tool is essential, especially while looking for a quick and easy way to check your papers.
3. Scope of the Tool:
Determining the scope of the tool and how it aligns with your requirement is crucial. Whether you are looking for a standalone plagiarism checker tool or a more comprehensive suite of writing and proofreading tools must be clear. Advanced writing and language improvement features that go beyond just plagiarism detection are also offered by some plagiarism checker tools.
Best Plagiarism Checker Tools Available Online
1. enago plagiarism checker.
Enago Plagiarism Checker, powered by Turnitin, is a unique cost-effective tool for quick, comprehensive, and reliable plagiarism checks , especially for students and researchers. It helps you in assessing your manuscript’s originality by using advanced plagiarism software. Its extensive scholarly database of over 91+ billion web pages and 82+ million published articles ensures thorough plagiarism checks as compared to other checkers. Furthermore, it provides a detailed interactive color-coded report highlighting plagiarized content along with plagiarism percentage. It is one of the best user-friendly tools with one-click upload button access.
With Enago Plagiarism Checker you also get AI-based grammar corrections that detect grammar errors and suggest corrections and language enhancements tailored for academic writing. The AI-based grammar check is provided as a downloadable file with tracked changes so that you can review the suggestions at your convenience and within your MS Word environment. Furthermore, its power editing mode enhances your research papers by correcting sentence structure, word choice, and subject-specific phrasing.
Grammarly is one of the most trusted tools by academics. Many universities around the world use it regularly. With accurate plagiarism detection, Grammarly plagiarism checker is also an automated proofreader and plagiarism checker. It has a huge database of 16 billion web pages and ProQuest’s databases.
Grammarly also checks manuscripts for grammar mistakes, contextual spelling mistakes, redundancy, and incorrect sentence structure to name a few.
Duplichecker is a widely used plagiarism checker, which offers a free version for texts of up to 1000 words. Its paid version is available for a word count above 1000. It provides plagiarism percentages and highlights similar content to the list of sources. However, it does not provide a detailed report. Duplichecker plagiarism checker has limited database access as it compares your document only to Internet sources and online books. Lastly, the plagiarism report is easy to read and is downloadable in PDF and MS Word format.
ProWritingAid’s online plagiarism detection tool helps to check for plagiarism in manuscripts, novels, and other literary works. It detects grammar errors, style issues, and over 20 different language mistakes. ProWritingAid checks for plagiarism directly from MS Word via an add-in.
So, are you afraid of losing your credibility as a researcher due to plagiarism? Yes, right? Hence, resorting to advanced methods of detection will keep you from committing this malpractice. Start using a plagiarism checker now and let us know how it made your work easier!
Great post! I find this post very interesting while reading it. So, thanks for sharing this well-written article. Looking forward to seeing more similar content like this.
Thanks a lot for a great content sir , I will also share this with my friends Once again thank you
Rate this article Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published.
Enago Academy's Most Popular
- AI in Academia
- Trending Now
AI-Driven Hypotheses: Real world examples exploring the potential and challenges of AI-generated hypotheses in science
Artificial intelligence (AI) is no longer confined to mere automation; it is now an active…
- Thought Leadership
Launching a Practical Guide for Institutions on Using Generative AI in Research and Research Writing – Get Yours Now!
In an era where AI technologies like ChatGPT and similar generative AI tools are becoming…
AI Integration Can Future-Proof Peer Review — But only if we define and drive the right principles
In this ever-evolving landscape of scientific research, trust in the integrity, validity, and impartiality of…
Elevate Peer Review Excellence — Ensuring ethical and responsible AI use
The peer review system, with its roots deeply embedded in scholarly publishing since the 17th…
Who Is Responsible Anyway? – Defining research accountability of researchers and institutions in the AI era
Should we be worried about research ethics in the AI era or has it been…
Call for Responsible Use of Generative AI in Academia: The battle between rising…
Limitations of DeepL Write and ChatGPT in Scholarly Editing: How human editors…
9 Things Researchers Shouldn’t Expect From ChatGPT: Setting realistic…
Human Editors or ChatGPT — What should you use for reliable publication-ready work?
Sign-up to read more
Subscribe for free to get unrestricted access to all our resources on research writing and academic publishing including:
- 2000+ blog articles
- 50+ Webinars
- 10+ Expert podcasts
- 50+ Infographics
- 10+ Checklists
- Research Guides
We hate spam too. We promise to protect your privacy and never spam you.
I am looking for Editing/ Proofreading services for my manuscript Tentative date of next journal submission:
According to you, how can one ensure ethical compliance in research and academia?
Best plagiarism checker of 2023
Identify copied content
The best plagiarism checkers make it simple and easy to identify whether a piece of writing contains content taken from other published works.
This has become especially important in academia, where the internet is filled with past papers and example answers from multiple higher education institutions and award bodies, making it easy for a student at one to copy work from another. Normally this would be almost impossible to identify, but nowadays online plagiarism checkers can do this fast.
However, it's not just academia where plagiarism is a problem. Journalists and bloggers and other online publishers can use plagiarism checkers to find where they articles have been copied elsewhere online.
The best plagiarism checkers go further by supplying links to the original, copied content, and even grammar help and linguistic advice.
We've compared the best plagiarism checkers across multiple factors, from the size of their content database and third-party integrations to the type of client they're suited for and the pricing plans. We also looked at their user interface, learning curve, and additional capabilities like language improvement suggestions.
We’ve rounded up the best plagiarism services right here – so if you need some help to verify the originality of your content, look no further. And, if you want some more writing guidance, head here for our picks of the best free writing software .
We've also featured the best laptops for writers .
The best plagiarism checkers of 2023 in full:
Why you can trust TechRadar We spend hours testing every product or service we review, so you can be sure you’re buying the best. Find out more about how we test.
Our expert review:
Reasons to buy
Reasons to avoid.
Unicheck provides a high-quality service by combining high-end technology with smart design, and it clearly works – more than 1,000 academic institutions worldwide use this app.
This tool has access to more than 91 billion pages and library files, so you can be sure that it’s checking every source available for plagiarized material. And don’t worry about being overwhelmed with data once the app has searched the web, either: results appear in a straightforward interface that displays sources and color-codes copy, and each piece has a plagiarism score that’s adjusted as you edit the article.
Unicheck’s 99.9% system uptime means you’ll be able to check for plagiarism when you need it, and its authorized, encrypted accounts deliver high-level security for users.
The versatility and power continue elsewhere. A personal dashboard is perfect for managing loads of sources or articles, and Unicheck integrates with Office 365, Google Docs, and Chrome, so you can check for plagiarism without ever leaving those apps. It’s got an accessible API, too, so the tool integrates with other services.
Unicheck doesn’t have to be expensive, either. Its Personal package costs as little as $5 and scales up depending on how many pages you’d like to check, and there are more extensive packages for educational establishments and businesses. No matter which one you choose, though, it’s clear that Unicheck remains one of the best plagiarism checkers on the market.
Read our full Unicheck plagiarism checker review .
Scribbr provides a plagiarism checker that is part of a wider suite of tools that include an academic proofreading module and an APA reference generator. Unsurprisingly, the products on offer here will appeal to students and academics, and the site helps craft dissertations, essays, and thesis documents.
The plagiarism checker does a stellar job. Scribbr partners with Turnitin, which can detect everything from precise word and phrase matches to language where synonyms have been to used, and Scribbr checks writing against a database that covers 91 billion web pages and 69 million publications. Impressively, you can upload old assignments or referenced works to compare, too – perfect if you want to check your writing against something that won’t be in Scribbr’s database.
Beyond plagiarism, Scribbr offers expert editors who can edit essays, thesis documents, funding proposals, and literary reviews – it’s ideal for making sure that your academic work is top-notch, no matter the subject. Scribbr also provides a generator and checker for APA citations so you can be sure that no-one will question your sources.
Scibbr’s plagiarism checking service ranges in price from around $20 / £14 / AU$27 to $40 / £32 / AU$63, depending on the length of the document, and you’ll get your checked document within ten minutes.
The lack of dashboard and security features, when compared to other services, means that Scribbr isn’t suitable for large enterprises. But if you’re a student or academic, it’s well-designed and potentially invaluable.
Grammarly is one of the world’s most popular writing assistants, and no wonder: it does a fantastic job of checking written work for linguistic accuracy alongside its readability and tone. It’s also available as an app, as a plug-in for most word processing tools and as a browser extension.
It works in email clients , on social networks, and even in Slack and Discord too – so you’ll always be able to rely on this tool.
Grammarly has a great plagiarism checker, too. It uses the academic papers in ProQuest’s database and more than 16 billion web page sources to check for plagiarized text, and if the app detects copied language or phrases then you’ll get an alert in your document.
Grammarly’s plagiarism checker is free to use, but we don’t recommend this option – it will tell you if you’ve plagiarized, but it won’t show you where.
Instead, we recommend signing up to Grammarly’s paid tiers – you get its grammar, spelling, and punctuation tools alongside its clarity, engagement, tone, and plagiarism detection. Grammarly is one of the best linguistic tools on the web.
Grammarly’s prices start at around $11 / £10 / AU$16 per month.
Read our full Grammarly review .
PlagScan is a robust plagiarism deterrent focused on the academic circle. While used by many other fields as well, the features that make PlagScan stand apart among other plagiarism tools seem geared in this direction.
Pricing is pretty reasonable, with plans per word for individuals and some business plans as well. Prices can vary from $6 - $50 or more on average. On the higher level plans, there are advanced features including API abilities, support and more. There is also the ability to create more detailed reporting and integrate with tools you are already using.
Compared to other tools, PlagScan is pretty good about picking up possibilities, albeit sometimes too good. There are the occasional mistake, as in it notifies of a plagiarized item that is not actually there, however all around this tool is fairly accurate.
PlagScan itself even will say that the only true way to see if something is plagiarized is to utilize human support, confirming what PlagScan finds. But, without this tool, you would take much longer to find these similarities!
Lastly, there are easy color-coding highlights that help show what kind of infraction is found in offending pieces of writing.
Read our full PlagScan review .
Plagramme has a range of features that goes beyond what you’ll find with many other anti-plagiarism tools. It doesn’t just check billions of sources – it highlights your article with plagiarism risks, potentially paraphrased sections, poor citations, and textual similarities. Combine this with a straightforward scoring system, and you’ll be able to quickly see how much of any article is at risk.
This system is multilingual, so it can detect issues in different languages, and Plagramme also offers an authenticity service where its own editors check and fix documents manually. This does cost more, but it’s ideal if you have an important document that needs perfection. And, at the other end of the scale, there’s a free plagiarism checker – although this performs a quick check without the in-depth reporting or database access of the full product.
Once you’ve signed up for an account then you’ll be able to see Plagramme’s full range of services. It’ll cost a few dollars to skip the queue and a few more to get an in-depth report, and you can buy credits that work on any of Plagramme’s services.
This credit-based system and the emphasis on individual documents mean that Plagramme may not suit large organizations, but it’s well-suited to individuals and small businesses.
Quetext has plagiarism detection algorithms that use a system called DeepSearch, which relies on word placement, deep learning, and contextual analysis to deliver smarter and more sensible results when you scan a document.
This tool can check for plagiarism in academic documents, news articles, blog posts, and webpages, so it’s versatile. It’s easy to use too: potentially plagiarized words or phrases are highlighted using a color-coded system with bolder shades for more significant issues. Side-by-side displays mean you can see exactly where the plagiarized text originated. And, at the end of the process, content gets a score so you can see how it’s performed.
Quetext also prizes itself on its straightforward pricing. If you pay for the basic package that allows you to check 100,000 words. The Plus package doubles the cost and increases the word allowance to 250,000, and there’s an Organization option that’s ideal for companies. Impressively, every product includes every feature – the good stuff is never held back for those who are willing to pay more.
We've also featured the best AI writer.
What is plagiarism?
Simply put, plagiarism is cheating. it refers to the act of copying one’s content and passing it off as your own. Grabbing someone’s photo and using it without permission and/or proper credits can be considered an act of plagiarism. Taking some text from a source and using it on your website without proper citation is also an act of plagiarism.
In college, getting caught plagiarizing can lead to expulsion and can ultimately end any plans you have for your future. Stealing content for your own blog is not considered a form of flattery either, nor is it legal. Copying content for your own website can get you reported and your website taken down.
What are the common types of plagiarism?
There are a couple of ways to commit plagiarism, but here are the five most common types:
1. Verbatim plagiarism - This is a common crime wherein a text or content is copied exactly as it is written without any form of credit or citation.
2. Mosaic plagiarism - This type of plagiarism involves copying content from different websites or sources and combining them without any form of credit or citation.
3. Global plagiarism - This means deliberately claiming someone else’s entire work as your own.
4. Self plagiarism - This is when you resubmit your own work when you’ve already used it. It’s also known as auto plagiarism.
5. Accidental plagiarism - This occurs when you unintentionally commit plagiarism by paraphrasing a content and failing to cite or add credits.
As content is a vital ingredient in SEO ranking which is always a neck to neck competition, websites are usually trying to come up with more content than they likely would have expected to be needing. A team of writers usually solve the problem, but it’s also where a new problem arises - monitoring the content.
Whether it’s an intentional copying of content or a missed citation, quote or credit, plagiarism isn’t as easy to detect if you’re dealing with tons of articles to check. The good news is that there are resources available - plagiarism checkers - that you can utilize to make it an easier task.
How to choose the best plagiarism checkers for you?
When choosing the best plagiarism checker for yourself, you'll want to start with assessing whether you want a standalone plagiarism checker or something with more features to improve writing.
You'll want to consider the tool's user interface and learning curve. The simpler it is to operate, the more efficient you can be with your checking.
If you're working alone, you may do well with a certain type of plagiarism checker, but the same tool may not be suitable for larger organizations.
You'll also want to take the plagiarism tool's pricing into consideration, check how many users it can support, and analyze how well it integrates with third-party apps.
The best plagiarism checkers: How we test
To test the best plagiarism checkers, we first evaluated whether the tools are standalone plagiarism checkers or if they offer a suite of language improvement tools.
We analyzed how large their content database is, whether there's citation checking, and what third-party apps they integrate with.
We assessed the tools' user interface and learning curve, and the kind of algorithm they were using to effectively spot plagiarism. We also considered their pricing plans, the number of users supported on each plan, and what type of client they'd be ideal for, among other things.
Read how we test, rate, and review products on TechRadar .
Are you a pro? Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to the TechRadar Pro newsletter to get all the top news, opinion, features and guidance your business needs to succeed!
Anna is a freelance copywriter with extensive knowledge on the technology sector. She writes about a variety of topics for TechRadar including web hosting, website builders and cybersecurity. She also has a knack for writing deals, guides and versus articles.
- Mike Jennings
Amazon's best-selling standing desk is even cheaper this Cyber Monday — check out this $100 Flexispot deal
An audiophile keyboard now exists and it's straight in at no.1 on my Christmas list
By James Holland October 25, 2023
By Krishi Chowdhary October 24, 2023
By Mirza Bahic October 24, 2023
By Ilija Miljkovac October 23, 2023
By Lloyd Coombes October 19, 2023
By Nate Drake October 16, 2023
By Mackenzie Frazier October 16, 2023
By Amelia Schwanke October 13, 2023
By Philip Berne, Axel Metz October 12, 2023
By Kara Phillips October 12, 2023
- 2 10,000TB cartridges could become mainstream by 2030
- 3 6 new Netflix shows in 2023 with 100% scores on Rotten Tomatoes
- 4 Big Android feature drop adds some cool new Wear OS and smart home tricks
- 5 Kodak’s reborn Super 8 film camera is finally available… for a ridiculous price tag
- 2 Star Wars: The Acolyte: everything we know about the Disney Plus show
- 3 10,000TB cartridges could become mainstream by 2030
- 4 6 new Netflix shows in 2023 with 100% scores on Rotten Tomatoes
- 5 I wanted a smart way to lose weight and this app helps make it happen
13 BEST Plagiarism Checker Software (Free & Paid)
Plagiarism is intellectual theft and fraud that involves using someone’s content without permission. It does not provide any credit (either accidentally or deliberately) to original author of the work. Plagiarism also involves unauthorized reuse of previous content and passing it off as new work.
A Plagiarism Checker is application available online that can check a document or some portion of it for plagiarized or duplicate content. These applications scan the internet for other copies of content or documents. Many such tools allow you to check web site URL or add content from documents (.rtf, ex, .doc, .pdf,.txt, .docx, and .odt). Following is a handpicked list of Top Plagiarism Checker, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software. Read more…
Plagiarism checker X is easy to use an accurate plagiarism scanner. It is one of the best plagiarism checkers for research papers that allows you to effortlessly compare contents in bulk.
Best Free Plagiarism Checker
#1) plagiarism checker x.
Database: 20+ billion
Support Document Formats: DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, PDF, ODP, etc.
Free Trial: Lifetime Free Basic Version
- It one of the best plagiarism checker for research papers that can detect plagiarized information through multiple search engines.
- The application allows you to compare the content side by side without any hassle.
- Plagiarism checker X keeps your data private.
- It allows you to import DOCX, DOC, PDF, HTML, and RTF.
- This application supports multi-language, including English, French, Spanish, Italian, and more.
- You can get color-coded density-based results.
- Provides 24/7 supports.
- Multi-language support
- Extensive database
- User-friendly interface
- Limited free version
Visit Plagiarism checker X
Grammarly is a widely used tool for checking grammar and plagiarism. This application can detect plagiarism from numerous web pages. It helps you to know whether your text contains duplicate content or not.
Database: 16+ billion
Support Document Formats: DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, PDF, ODP, PPT, PPTX etc.
- This application allows you to search the content in batch.
- Grammarly provides plagiarism alerts when text matches with online text or in the database.
- It helps you to detect plagiarism by checking your text against over eight billion web pages.
- It offers numerous writing styles, suggestions for grammar, vocabulary, and syntax.
- Grammarly instant report lets you know how many duplication issues are there in the content.
- The tool calculates the overall originality score for your document.
- This plagiarism tool keeps your writing private.
- Check wide range of errors
- supports multiple writing modes
- Multiple integration options
- Requires to upload documents
Visit Grammarly >>
ProWritingAid is a tool that enables you to check your content against many web pages, academic paper, publish work to ensure uniqueness. It allows you to run a plagiarism report online or through add-in.
- It helps with self-editing.
- ProWitringAid provides more than 20 in-depth writing reports.
- You can integrate it with word, Chrome, Google Docs, Gmail, and more.
- The tool is easy to use.
- Supports a wide range of files.
- It helps you to find instances of your work that includes data, questions, ideas, wording, and more.
- ProWritingAid enables you to maintain the governorship of your words.
- Offers suggestions to enhance clarity
- In-depth analysis of text
- Integrate with a range of platforms
- Potential technical issues
Visit ProWritingAid >>
CopyScape is a cloud-based tool that allows you to search for plagiarism and find various instances of content theft. It can be easily used by typing the URL of the original content. It is one of the best free plagiarism checker that allows you to perform unlimited scans for web page copies.
- Search the content in batch.
- It allows you to compare two content side by side.
- This plagiarism tool provides a private index to check for duplication within your content.
- Allows case management or tracking facility.
- This website to check plagiarism allows you to filter out the result from the other site you already know.
- This Grammarly alternative app offers a user-friendly environment.
- Supports offline content indexing.
- Offers batch search capability
- Flexible pricing options
- Not suitable for offline checks
Paraphraser is one of the best plagiarism checkers that helps you to find the percentage of matched text in the document. This application provides easy to analyze the report in PDF or word document. It is one of the best plagiarism software that enables you to collaborate with friends. Paraphraser allows you to quickly whitelist or source you like.
- This application can highlight all matches in the documents, including web and internal sources.
- It allows you to work offline.
- You can share a plagiarism report with other people.
- Paraphraser allows you to upload the document.
- Compare documents with matched sources side by side.
- You can upload a document to check from your cloud drive, computer.
- It allows you to share or delete your documents.
Visit Paraphraser >>
Copyleaks is one of the best plagiarism checkers that allows you to work with more than 100 languages online. This application can perform an extensive search across the internet and various databases to find duplicate content.
- It offers comprehensive reports.
- This professional plagiarism checker provides an automated grading tool.
- You can integrate with MS Word, Google docs, and more.
- It helps you to protect your content your team has written.
- Offers code plagiarism checking feature.
- You can compare two files.
- This plagiarism checker for students can crosscheck documents against online resources and private databases.
Visit Copyleaks >>
Unicheck is a plagiarism scanner that helps you to achieve authenticity by pointing out the similarity. This application supports numerous file formats and bulk uploads. It provides a detailed report to review your plagiarism. Unicheck searches from web pages, institutional library files, and educational databases.
- Provides notification about suspicious content.
- Offers customizable search settings.
- The tool can calculate a score in real time.
- Unicheck provides privacy using encrypted text.
- Offers bulk data processing system.
- Provides personalized dashboard.
- You can check plagiarism in google docs.
- It allows you to find duplicate content using Google Chrome extensions.
Quetext is one of the best plagiarism checkers that use word placement and smart algorithms to find duplicate content. This plagiarism checker for thesis identifies text in webpages, news sources, online textbooks, citation generators, and more. This application easily spots exact matches with the corresponding color.
- Quetext provides a comprehensive plagiarism score.
- This online free plagiarism checker for teachers offers easy to use user interface.
- You can check plagiarism with just one mouse click.
- It keeps your data private.
BibMe is easy to use tool that enables you to check plagiarism in the document. It allows you to input content from your computer or Google Drive.
- Offers instant grammar and style suggestions.
- It helps you to check for unintentional plagiarism and the missing source reference.
- This online plagiarism checker allows you to create citations for multiple score types and styles.
- Provides 5 suggestions to improve your writing.
- It has a user-friendly environment.
SmallSEOTools is a tool for checking plagiarism in any content. It is one of the best plagiarism checker free tool which allows you to upload .rtf, ex, .doc, .pdf,.txt, .docx, and .odt files. This software can check numerous web pages for the duplicate text. SmallSEOTools enables you to effortlessly exclude specific URL.
- This online plagiarism checker supports Dropbox and Google drive.
- Allows you to integrate web site URL.
- It enables you to download a plagiarism report with ease.
- The generated report can be shared with other people.
- Supports multiple languages like French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and more.
- This software for plagiarism check offers a highlighted document view.
- This free anti plagiarism checker helps you to compare the result with ease.
DupliChecker is an easy to use tool that enables you to find the content online. It supports varieties of file formats, including, .rtf, .txt, .tex, .docx, .doc, and more.
- This free plagiarism checker software allows you to search for content with a maximum of 1000 words at a time.
- It enables you to copy-paste text directly into the search box.
- This plagiarism software online shows the result in a percentage.
- Offers paraphrasing tool to rephrase the content and remove plagiarism.
- It offers a user-friendly environment.
#12) Search Engine Reports
Search Engine Reports is one of the best plagiarism checkers that enables you to upload files from Dropbox and computer. It is one of the best plagiarism remover that shows plagiarized content in percentage. You can download the search report.
- It shows unique content in the form of a percentage.
- You can check the plagiarism by pasting the URL of your website.
- This tool can compare duplicate content with similar ones available on the web.
- It provides Sentence wise results.
- This software for checking plagiarism allows you to view matched results.
- This anti plagiarism tool has a Highlighted document view.
- It helps you to rewrite plagiarized content.
- Search Engine Reports allow you to check more than 200 words.
Plagium is a tool that helps you to make sure the originality of content by identifying algorithms. You can perform a quick search by simply pasting text into the window.
- The tool can analyze text, URL, and file.
- It offers Google Docs add-on.
- Plagium provides an interactive dashboard.
- This plagiarism checker software enables you to perform a quick and deep search.
- It enables you to find plagiarism for 1000 characters.
A Plagiarism Checker is application available online that can check a document or some portion of it for plagiarized or duplicate content. These applications scan the internet for other copies of content or documents. Many such tools allow you to check web site URL or add content from documents (.rtf, ex, .doc, .pdf,.txt, .docx, and .odt).
Following are some of the best plagiarism checker software:
- 👍 Plagiarism Checker X
A Plagiarism Checker detects and exhibits plagiarized content. These tools break your document into small chunks and phrases then search each and every phrase in search engines. Such applications scan the internet for other uses of content or documents to find similar content.
Plagiarism checkers use complex proprietary algorithms to detect similar content in paragraphs, sentences, or ideas. If any page contains the same text, the sentence becomes plagiarized. The plagiarism detection software scans documents in real time provides a precise result.
There is a high chance that the content you create may contain inspirations from previous authors. If you do not check your content in a plagiarism checker, then it will be violation of the author’s right. In that case, criminal charges can be filed against the violator. If your content breaches copyright laws, then there are high chances you will attract legal action as somebody guilty of plagiarizing. Hence, using the best plagiarism checker for students is highly recommended to avoid such situations.
Most plagiarism checkers comply with data privacy laws. They have strict policy and checks to ensure employee do not have access to the content you create. You can anytime delete the content stored on their servers.
The accuracy of plagiarism depends on the Plagiarism software you use. Some plagiarism detectors provide accurate results while some tools offer less accurate results. The accuracy of plagiarism is determined by two factors: algorithm and the size of the database used by Plagiarism software. Some plagiarism checkers, including software for plagiarism detection, are only able to identify direct plagiarism, while a good plagiarism detector also identifies instances where similar sentences or words are used.
Best Plagiarism Checker (Free & Paid)
- Grammarly vs Ginger – Which is Better?
- 15 BEST Writing Apps & Software for Windows PC (2023)
- 21 BEST Word Processing Software (2023)
- Grammarly Review: Is Grammarly Premium worth it? (2023)
Something went wrong. Wait a moment and try again.
The Study Blog : Tips
Best plagiarism checkers for research papers.
As most research for academic papers comes from already published work, there is always a possibility that the work produced may be plagiarized. For this reason, after finishing any academic paper, it is important to run it through a plagiarism checker to ensure that you don’t get penalized because of any type of plagiarism .
Get Rid of Plagiarism with the Help of Expert Writers
Looking for a plagiarism removal service? Hire a professional writer to remove plagiarism without affecting your writing style or meaning conveyed.
Even though there is a variety, some plagiarism checkers are more effective than others. This article will explore the variety of products offered, and finally give a determination of the best plagiarism checkers for research papers.
This determination of the best free plagiarism checkers will be done taking into consideration a number of factors. These include the checker’s access to a scholarly database, whether the checker is trusted by higher institutions of learning and whether it is safe and secure for use by any student.
Some of the best plagiarism checkers for research papers are as explained below
Are tight deadlines, clashing assignments, and unclear tasks giving you sleepless nights.
Do not panic, hire a professional essay writer today.
Even though it is best known for checking grammar mistakes in a document, Grammarly has a plagiarism checker as well. Just like the grammar checker, all you have to do is paste or upload your document into the space provided the scan for plagiarism.
What makes Grammarly one of the best plagiarism checkers for research papers is that it checks more than just whether your work is unoriginal. Grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes are also highlighted, together with whether the sentence structures are in order.
The disadvantage of the site is that you have to pay for the plagiarism checker, even though there is a 7-day trial after you sign up. After the 7 days, you can choose to cancel your subscription.
Turnitin is one of the most used and trusted plagiarism checkers on the internet today. It is used by both institutions and students, and contains a wide database of scholarly sources, except for those unavailable on the internet.
What makes this site one of the best free plagiarism checkers is that where an institution has purchased it, students in the institution can use it for free. Further, if parts of your document are plagiarized, simply paraphrasing the said statements would bypass the checker and render the document original.
You might also like Six proven ways to cheat Turnitin
When compared to other paid plagiarism checkers, Plagscan is relatively cheaper. It is free to check the first 2,000 words, but after that, you will be required to subscribe to a payment plan to use it.
The advantages of Plagscan as a plagiarism checker include their money-back guarantee, the ease of usability of the site, and good accuracy when flagging plagiarized text.
On the other hand, the major disadvantage of this site is its small database of scholarly sources when compared to other checkers like Grammarly and Turnitin. Therefore, some plagiarized text may not be identified. Further, in a few unique cases, the website might indicate that there is plagiarism where there is none.
ProWritingAid is more than just a plagiarism checker. It is a holistic editing tool that checks your grammar, sentence structures, the readability of your work, diction, overused words, and clichéd statements, among other tools.
Furthermore, the plagiarism checker comes with three options: a free trial, a free version, and a paid version. Therefore, whatever your budgetary needs are, the site has got you covered.
The downside to this website is that since it is not originally a plagiarism checker, their database is not wide hence there is always a chance that plagiarized work may not be highlighted. However, if your research paper is not one with a wide variety of sources and you are working on a low budget, ProWritingAid would be an ideal plagiarism checker for you.
When you type “ best plagiarism checkers for research papers ,” into a search engine, you will come across thousands of options. However, picking a plagiarism checker should not be done arbitrarily.
Plagiarism checkers should be able to highlight the sentences that are unoriginal, determine the percentage of similarity and possibly offer alternative sources. If it is unable to do these, then you should find another plagiarism checker.
The ones reviewed above are currently the best plagiarism checkers on the internet.
The little secret why your friends are earning better grades.
Hire an Expert from our write my essay service and start earning good grades.
Can Someone Write My Paper for Me Online? Yes, We Can!
Six Proven ways to cheat Turnitin with Infographic
Understanding Philosophy of Nursing: Complete Guide With Examples
50+ Collection of the Most Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
50+ Economics research Topics and Topic Ideas for dissertation
20+ Interesting Sociology research topics and Ideas for Your Next Project
RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU ARE TIRED OF WRITING COLLEGE PAPERS!
Hire a professional academic writer today.
Each paper you order from us is of IMPECCABLE QUALITY and PLAGIARISM FREE
Use code PPH10 to get 10% discount. Terms and condition apply.
Ready to hire a professional essay writer?
Each paper you receive from us is plagiarism-free and will fetch you a good grade. We are proud to have helped 10,000+ students achieve their academic dreams. Enjoy our services by placing your order today.
Write my paper
Do my assignment
Essay writing help
Research paper help
College homework help
Essay writing guide
College admission essay
Writing a research paper
Paper format for writing
Terms & conditions
Copyright © 2017 Paper Per Hour. All rights reserved.