Home » Sample Business Plans » Technology
How to Write a Computer Sales & Service Business Plan [Sample Template]
Are you about starting a computer sales & services business? If YES, here is a complete sample computer sales & services business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE . According to a recent report, computer sales and related services are expected to exceed $47 billion this year in the U.S. alone, with computer servicing leading the way.
This goes to show that any entrepreneur who properly positions himself or herself in computer sales and servicing industry would definitely enjoy good business turnover. As a matter of fact, almost all businesses and homes have computers, and these people may not have the skills, time or the desire to do their own computer servicing, repairs and upgrades, and that puts a computer physician right in the middle of one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
A Sample Computer Sales & Services Business Plan Template
1. industry overview.
The computer sales and servicing industry includes operators that mainly sell and service all forms of computers such as desktops, laptops, notebooks, palmtops and software, as well as accessories like printers, scanners and keyboards. These goods are generally purchased from domestic and international manufacturers and wholesalers and then sold to end consumers, including households and businesses.
Computers have exploded throughout America and the world over the past 30 years – from 2,000 units shipped in 1960 to 900,000 in 1980 to 7 million in 1990 to over 15 million per year by 2003 to over 65 million per quarter in 2015. With this rapid growth, there has been a corresponding increase in the need for computer services.
If you are conversant with happenings in the Computer Sales and Services industry, you will notice that computers are rapidly becoming indispensable household and personal products. In spite of the growing ubiquity of these products, retailers of computers, peripherals and consumer electronics have experienced some time-consuming challenges over the past five years.
Swift technological change, increased production efficiency and a highly globalized supply chain have lowered computer retail prices, hampering the industry’s revenue potential.
In addition, the increasing adoption of e-commerce has reduced customer traffic in computer stores, further limiting revenue. More consumers are now taking advantage of online shopping, which facilitates product and price comparisons. Going forward, industry revenue is expected to decrease.
The Computer Sales and Services industry is indeed a large industry and pretty much active in most countries of the world. Statistics has it that in the united states of America alone, there are about 18,173 registered and licensed (big, medium scale and small) computer manufacturing companies scattered all across the United States responsible for employing about 94,791 people and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $29 billion annually.
The industry is projected to enjoy -0.4 percent annual growth within 2012 and 2017. It is important to state that Apple Inc., Best Buy Co. Inc. and Fry’s have lion shares of the available market in this industry.
Computer sales account for an estimated 44.0 percent of industry revenue in 2017. Products in this segment include desktops and laptops, with laptop sales outpacing that of desktops. While desktops were historically the most commonly purchased computer product, the falling price of computers and computer components over the past five years reduced the premium that laptops once commanded over desktops.
A majority of consumers’ favor laptops for their portability, augmented by the increasingly wireless data infrastructure. However, desktops still maintain advantages in niche market, particularly with gaming enthusiasts and computer power users who prefer a desktop computer’s superior upgrade potential, ease of repair and customizability.
No doubt everybody will quite agree that the computer sales and services industry has come to stay and of course it is one industry that plays key roles not only in the business world, but also in almost all aspects of what goes around in our world today as long as computers are involved.
Over and above, the Computer Sales and Services industry is an open industry hence a low level of market share concentration. Even though large multiservice agencies operate in the industry, revenue is also spread among thousands of small computer stores and repair centers.
2. Executive Summary
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is a U.S based computer sales and services company. We have been able to secure a standard store facility in a central business district in Phillips Avenue, Sioux Falls – South Dakota. We are set to compete in the highly competitive computer sales and services industry not only in Sioux Falls – South Dakota, but also throughout the United States market.
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC will engage in the sales and servicing of all forms of computers such as desktops, laptops, palmtops and software, as well as accessories like printers, scanners and keyboards. Our business goal is to become one of the top brands in the computer sales and services industry in the United States and we will make sure that we do all we can to compete favorably with leaders in the industry.
Our workers are going to be selected from a pool of certified and highly experienced computer sales and services engineers in and around Sioux Falls – South Dakota and also from any part of the United States of America as the business grows. We will make sure that we take all the members of our workforce through the required training that will position them to meet the expectations of the company.
At Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC, our client’s best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is a joint partnership business that is owned by Engr. Harry Jordan a computer engineer par excellence who graduated with from Illinois Institute of Technology (B.Engr. Computer Engineering), and his friend and business partner Barry Martins (B.Sc. Business Management).
They have a combined experience that can help them build Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC to favorably compete with other leading computer sales and services businesses in the United States of America.
3. Our Products and Services
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the computer sales and services industry. We want to compete favorably with companies in the United States which is why we have put in place a competent quality assurance team that will ensure that every service rendered meets and even surpasses our customers’ expectations.
We will work hard to ensure that Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is not just accepted in Sioux Falls – South Dakota but also in other cities in the United States of America. Our products and services are listed below;
- Sales and servicing of all sort of computers
- Sales and servicing of computer peripherals (e.g. printers, monitors, keyboards, mouse and speakers)
- Sale of computer software
- Computer installation
- Computer Cloning/upgrade
- Offering other computer repair and installation related services
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to establish a one stop computer sales and service center whose services and brand will not only be accepted in Sioux Falls – South Dakota but also in other cities in the United States of America.
- Our mission is to retail computers and related products and also to provide professional computer services that will assist businesses and individuals in ensuring that their computers are always in good shape to help them carry out their business.
- We want to build a computer sales and services company that can favorably compete with other leading brands in the computer sales and services industry.
Our Business Structure
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC, is a computer sales and services company that intend starting small in Phillips Avenue, Sioux Falls, but hopes to grow big in order to compete with leading computer sales and services companies in the United States.
We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the picture of the kind of world class business we want to own. This is why we are committed to only hire the best hands within our area of operations.
At Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC, we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, creative, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as agreed by the board of trustees of the company. In view of the above, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer
- Store Manager
- Head, Technical Services
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Computer Repair and Maintenance Engineers and Technicians (10)
- Client Service Executive
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by employing, choosing, orientating, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Accountable for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities.
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the store
- Ensures that proper records of computers and computer parts are kept and warehouse does not run out of products
- Ensures that the store facility is in tip top shape and goods are properly arranged and easy to locate
- Controls distribution and supply chain inventory
- Supervises the workforce in the sales floor
- Helps to ensure consistent quality of computers and computer parts are purchased and retailed in good price that will ensure we make good profit
Head, Technical Services:
- Serves as project manager of the organization; works directly with employees
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Makes certain that the technical department performs efficiently, coordinates employee efforts, facilitates communication between management and computer repairs and maintenance engineers and technicians
- Ensures that the organization work in line with international best practices.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Writing winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops executes and evaluate new plans for expanding sales
- Creates new markets cum businesses for the organization
- Empower and motivates the sales team to meet and surpass agreed targets
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization.
Computer Repair and Maintenance Engineers (2) and Technicians (8)
- Responsible for general computer repairs and maintenance services
- Carry out computer installation services for clients
- Responsible for carrying out computer cloning and upgrade
- Responsible for handling Networking of computer system
- Responsible for handling virus removal Data recovery
- Handles computer and accessories sales and supply for the organization
Help Desk Officers
- Welcomes clients and potential clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level.
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services.
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the creative director in an effective and timely manner.
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information are supplied to clients when they make enquiries.
- Find out the customer’s needs, recommend, select and help locate the right merchandise, describe a product’s features and benefits.
- Bag, package or gift-wrap merchandise as requested by customers.
6. SWOT Analysis
Because of our quest for excellence, Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC engaged the services of a core professional in the area of business consulting and structuring to assist our organization in building a well – structured computer sales and services business that can favorably compete in the industry in the United States.
Part of what the business consultant did was to work with the management of our organization in conducting a comprehensive SWOT analysis for Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC. Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC;
Our core strength lies in the power of our workforce. We have a team of trained and certified computer repair engineers and technicians, a team with excellent qualifications and experience in various niche areas in the industry. Aside from the synergy that exists in our carefully selected workforce, our services will be guided by best practices in the industry and we will ensure that we have all brands and types of computers in our store per time.
As a new computer sales and services center in Sioux Falls – South Dakota, it might take some time for our organization to break into the market and gain acceptance especially from top profile clients in the already highly competitive computer sales and services industry; that is perhaps our major weakness. Another weakness is that we may not have the required cash to pump into promoting our business the way we would want to.
No doubt, the opportunities in the computer sales and services industry is massive considering the number of individuals and businesses that own computers. So also, the launch of new tablets will likely drive consumers into stores to test and compare products. As a computer sales and services company, we are ready to take advantage of any opportunity that is available in the industry.
The increasing adoption of e-commerce has reduced customer traffic in computer stores, further limiting revenue and also, the domestic PC market has shrunk due to market saturation and greater competition from tablets, are some of the threats that will confront us.
So also, one major threat that we are likely going to face is economic downturn. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new computer sales and services center in same location where our target market exists and who may want to adopt same Business model like us.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The extent at which the internet and computer has taken over our world is a pure sign that every computer literate needs the services of a computer repairer when his/her computer malfunctions – be it hardware or software.
The very nature of the Computer Sales and Services industry, with its extraordinary rate of technological development, creates a constant need for businesses skilled in updating and advising customers on computer-related issues.
With every individual armed with a computer and with almost all valuable information in our daily lives being stored in the computer, the computer selling business is booming and with this booming comes a need for repair.
Everybody with a computer knows that moment of panic when the hard drive crashes–and for business people, it usually happens when they are staring into the eye of a deadline. The need for computer physicians is growing every day and more people are venturing into this field, making it a competitive and goal oriented industry.
Lastly, the computer sales and services industry will continue to evolve due to the advancement of computer technology and software designs et al.
8. Our Target Market
Before starting our computer sales and services business in Sioux Falls – South Dakota, we conducted a market survey and feasibility studies and we are certain that there is a wide range of both corporate and individual clients who cannot successfully run their businesses without computers.
In view of that, we have created strategies that will enable us reach out to various corporate organizations and individual who we know can’t afford to do without our products and services. Below is a list of people we will specifically market our products and services to;
- Banks, Insurance Companies and other related Financial Institutions
- Blue Chips Companies
- Corporate Organizations
- Real Estate Owners, Developers, and Contractors
- Research and Development Companies
- The Government (Public Sector)
- Schools (High Schools, Colleges and Universities)
- Celebrities, Politicians, Public Figures and Public Speakers
- Sport Organizations
- Religious Organizations
- Television Stations
- Printing Press (Publishing Houses) and Authors
- Branding and Advertising agencies
- Individuals and households who own computers
Our Competitive Advantage
Surviving in the business world as a computer sales and services company requires more than your expertise, knowing how to deliver standard repairs and maintenance but also how to network with key people that matter.
We are quite aware that to be highly competitive in the computer sales and services industry means that you are not only expected to deliver reliable computer supply, installation, repair, networking and maintenance jobs, but you must be able to meet set targets.
No one would want to continue to hire your services if don’t always meet up with the target date of completion of projects. Our competitive advantage lies in our ability to control stock at hand, our experienced work force and proximity to key markets.
We equally have a team of certified, highly trained and experienced computer repair engineers and technicians, a team with excellent qualifications and experience in various niche areas in the computer sales and service industry. Aside from the synergy that exists in our carefully selected workforce, our services will be guided by best practices in the industry.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the computer sales and services industry and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to meet and surpass the expectations of all our clients.
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC will generate income by;
- Computer Cloning and upgrade
10. Sales Forecast
One thing is certain, there would always be corporate organizations and individuals who would need to purchase computers and accessories. We are well positioned to take on the available market in Sioux Falls – South Dakota and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough profits from our first six months of operation.
We have been able to critically examine the computer sales and services market, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to similar startups in Sioux Falls – South Dakota.
- First Year: $350,000
- Second Year: $750,000
- Third Year: $1.2 million
N.B : This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same products and services as we do within the same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
We are mindful of the fact that there are stiff competitions in the computer sales and services industry, hence we have been able to hire some of the best marketing experts to handle our sales and marketing.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall business goal of Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC.
Our corporate goal is to grow Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC to become one of the top 10 computer sales and services brands in the United States of America which is why we have mapped out strategies that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with not only in Sioux Falls – South Dakota but also in other cities in the United States of America.
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our computer sales and services center by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to individuals, corporate organizations and key stake holders in and around Sioux Falls – South Dakota.
- Promptness in bidding for computer supply, installation, repair, networking and maintenance contract from the government and other cooperate organizations
- Advertise our business in relevant business magazines, newspapers, TV and radio stations.
- List our business in yellow pages’ ads (local directories)
- Attend relevant international and local expos, seminars and business fairs et al
- Create different packages for different category of clients in order to work with their budgets and still deliver excellent services
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage direct marketing approach
- Encourage word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied clients
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We have been able to work with our in-house brand and publicity consultant to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us walk our way into the heart of our target market. We are set to become the number one choice for both corporate and individual clients in the whole of the Sioux Falls and beyond which is why we have made provisions for effective publicity and advertisement of our computer sales and services company.
Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC;
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based events/programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google + et al to promote our services.
- Install our billboards in strategic locations all around Sioux Falls – South Dakota.
- Engage in roadshows from time to time in targeted neighborhoods.
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas.
- List our computer sales and services company in local directories/yellow pages
- Advertise our computer sales and services company in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site.
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirts and all our vehicles are well branded with our company logo.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
At Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC we will keep the prices of our products and services below the average market rate by keeping our overhead low and by collecting payment in advance from corporate organizations who would purchase our products or hire our services. In addition, we will also offer special discounted rates to all our customers at regular intervals.
We are aware that there are some one – off jobs or government contracts like computer supply, installation, repair, networking and maintenance which are always lucrative, we will ensure that we abide by the pricing model that is expected from contractors or organizations that bid for such contracts.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards/Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients make payments for the purchase of our products or our services without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials for this purpose.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
From our market survey and feasibility studies, we have been able to come up with a detailed budget on achieving our aim of establishing a standard and highly competitive computer sales and services company in Sioux Falls – South Dakota and here are the key areas where we will spend our startup capital;
- The total fee for registering the business in the Unites States of America – $750 .
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The cost for hiring business consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- The cost for payment of rent for 12 months at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600.
- The cost for shop remodeling (construction of racks and shelves) – $20,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ( $500 ) and phone and utility deposits ( $2,500 ).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $60,000.
- The cost for start-up inventory (stocking with a wide range of computers such as desktops, notebook computers and software, as well as accessories like printers, scanners and keyboards. et al from different manufacturing brands) – $200,000
- The cost for counter area equipment – $9,500.
- The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- The cost of purchase and installation of CCTVs: $10,000 .
- The cost for the purchase of office furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al): $4,000.
- The cost of launching a website: $600 .
- The cost for our opening party: $7,000 .
- Miscellaneous: $10,000.
We would need an estimate of three hundred and fifty thousand dollars ( $350,000 ) to successfully set up our computer sales and services store in Sioux Falls – South Dakota.
Generating Startup Capital for Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is a business that will be owned and managed by Engr. Harry Jordan and his friend and business partner Barry Martins. They are the financiers of the business which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital for the business to just three major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our startup capital;
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks.
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members.
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank.
N.B: We have been able to generate about $150,000 ( Personal savings $120,000 and soft loan from family members $30,000 ) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $200,000 from our bank. All papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have, the capacity and competence of their employees, their investment strategy and business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business, then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to sell or computers and accessories and offer our computer repair and maintenance services a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Harry & Barry® Computer Sales & Services Center, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Securing a standard office facility for our studio: Completed
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating part of the startup capital from the founders: Completed
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of Logo for the business: Completed
- Secure trademark for our products: In Progress
- Printing of Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed furniture, office equipment, software applications, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In progress
- Creating official website for the business: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Opening party planning: In Progress
- Compilation of the list of products that will be available in our store: Completed
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – manufacturers and suppliers of computers, computer parts and accessories: In Progress
More on Technology
One Page Pitch
- Computer Shop Business Plan Pdf Word Document
Computer Shop Business Plan Including Market Size, Product Desktop computers, laptops, tablets etc and Service Segmentation computer repair and maintenance, data recovery, networking and installation, etc, Market Trends, Major Challenges, Financial Highlights, SWOT Analysis, Target Segmentation, Major Players with Attributes Comparison, Go to Marketing Strategy and Growth Forecast 2022 to 2026 Pdf Word Document Report.
- Add a user to your subscription for free
What you will get?
- Company Overview
- Start-up Summary
- Industry Analysis
- Customer Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Industry Restraints
- SWOT Analysis
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Financial Modeling and Valuation (With Excel)
- Exit Strategy
If you are planning to open a computer shop and need a comprehensive business plan, our professionally crafted Computer Shop Business Plan in Word document format is the perfect solution. This template covers all the essential elements required for writing a solid business plan. It begins with an executive summary that provides an overview of the plan, followed by a company summary section that includes details about the entity, its mission and vision, goals, and objectives. The plan also includes a detailed industry analysis segment that covers the latest facts and trends related to the computer and allied industries. It further encompasses customer profiling, competitor analysis, SWOT analysis, Porters framework, and a comprehensive marketing plan that includes pricing, promotional, and sales strategies, as well as a sales funnel. The financial plan section provides key financial statements such as the Profit and Loss statement, revenue model, cash flow analysis, balance sheet statement, and DCF valuation. Additionally, the plan explores possible exit options for stakeholders. Download our Computer Shop Business Plan document now to kickstart your venture with a strong foundation.
SlideTeam is a leading full-service market research, consulting, and design agency that develops and templatizes industry processes, best practices, frameworks, and models across all industries and verticals to help customers present their strategies effectively and convincingly. It compiles data and statistics from thousands of sources on various topics to help customers make intelligent decisions.
With a team comprising research analysts, industry experts, and designers spread over 6 countries, SlideTeam deploys an all-inclusive research methodology aimed at reducing deviance to provide the most accurate estimates and forecasts possible.
Diving deeper into industry trends, the company creates breakdowns across market segments and geographies which further leverages their customers to identify new and existing opportunities in their niches.
Our Research Approach serves these client's objectives -
- How to become more competitive and grow in a given market?
- How to best develop and commercialize in the new markets?
The industry reports prepared also helps end-users in analyzing their competitive position in a dynamic market environment. Decision makers and leaders in the industry depend on research reports from SlideTeam. The clients include end users, start-ups, consulting companies, technology suppliers, investment firms, etc. Some of the Assumptions considered during the preparation of the reports are -
- The report is prepared in compliance with the disclosed laws and guidelines of the specific industry. The successful opening of the firm/company/start-up will create full-time employment for residents and contribute positively to the economy on a national level.
- The firm's projections on financial growth over the next five (2023 -2027) years.
- A business is subject to several risks; therefore, financial computations are based on assumptions and conditions prevailing in the industry and business practices followed in the normal course of the business, such as tax, inflation rates, operating, and other expenses.
- The business growth will be different if the platform/firm/company starts deviating from its underlying cost and growth trend.
Specifically, we help our clients...
- Develop market attractiveness models based on opportunity size, growth, and fit.
- Recognize, size, and assess market opportunities.
- Determine not only the addressable market but also the viable and winnable opportunities using TAM, SAM, and SOM analysis.
- Document pain points, obstacles, and constraints.
- Listen to the customer's voice to identify value drivers that can move the needle for our client.
- Provide a detailed blueprint for a go-to-market strategy.
Why you need this business plan?
Do you want to remove this product from your favourites?
Total Pages in the Report- 48
Need a Custom Report?
We can create custom report at competitive prices in a quick turnaround time
Computer Shop Business Plan Pdf Word Document with all 48 slides:
Use our Computer Shop Business Plan Pdf Word Document to effectively help you save your valuable time. They are readymade to fit into any presentation structure.
How to write a business plan for a computer store?
Writing a business plan for a computer store can be an intimidating task, especially for those just starting.
This in-depth guide is designed to help entrepreneurs like you understand how to create a comprehensive business plan so that you can approach the exercise with method and confidence.
We'll cover: why writing a computer store business plan is so important - both when starting up, and when running and growing the business - what information you need to include in your plan, how it should be structured, and what tools you can use to get the job done efficiently.
Let's get started!
In this guide:
Why write a business plan for a computer store?
- What information is needed to create a business plan for a computer store?
- What goes in the financial forecast for a computer store?
- What goes in the written part of a computer store business plan?
- What tool can I use to write my computer store business plan?
Being clear on the scope and goals of the document will make it easier to understand its structure and content. So before diving into the actual content of the plan, let's have a quick look at the main reasons why you would want to write a computer store business plan in the first place.
To have a clear roadmap to grow the business
Running a small business is tough! Economic cycles bring growth and recessions, while the business landscape is ever-changing with new technologies, regulations, competitors, and consumer behaviours emerging constantly.
In such a dynamic context, operating a business without a clear roadmap is akin to driving blindfolded: it's risky, to say the least. That's why crafting a business plan for your computer store is vital to establish a successful and sustainable venture.
To create an effective business plan, you'll need to assess your current position (if you're already in business) and define where you want the business to be in the next three to five years.
Once you have a clear destination for your computer store, you'll have to:
- Identify the necessary resources (human, equipment, and capital) needed to reach your goals,
- Determine the pace at which the business needs to progress to meet its objectives as scheduled,
- Recognize and address the potential risks you may encounter along the way.
Engaging in this process regularly proves advantageous for both startups and established companies. It empowers you to make informed decisions about resource allocation, ensuring the long-term success of your business.
To maintain visibility on future cash flows
Businesses can go for years without making a profit, but they go bust as soon as they run out of cash. That's why "cash is king", and maintaining visibility on your computer store's future cash flows is critical.
How do I do that? That's simple: you need an up-to-date financial forecast.
The good news is that your computer store business plan already contains a financial forecast (more on that later in this guide), so all you have to do is to keep it up-to-date.
To do this, you need to regularly compare the actual financial performance of your business to what was planned in your financial forecast, and adjust the forecast based on the current trajectory of your business.
Monitoring your computer store's financial health will enable you to identify potential financial problems (such as an unexpected cash shortfall) early and to put in place corrective measures. It will also allow you to detect and capitalize on potential growth opportunities (higher demand from a given segment of customers for example).
To secure financing
Crafting a comprehensive business plan for your computer store, whether you're starting up or already established, is paramount when you're seeking financing from banks or investors.
Given how fragile small businesses are, financiers will want to ensure that you have a clear roadmap in place as well as command and control of your future cash flows before entertaining the idea of funding you.
For banks, the information in your business plan will be used to assess your borrowing capacity - which is defined as the maximum amount of debt your business can afford alongside your ability to repay the loan. This evaluation helps them decide whether to extend credit to your business and under what terms (interest rate, duration, repayment options, collateral, etc.).
Similarly, investors will thoroughly review your plan to determine if their investment can yield an attractive return. They'll be looking for evidence that your computer store has the potential for healthy growth, profitability, and consistent cash flow generation over time.
Now that you understand the importance of creating a business plan for your computer store, let's delve into the necessary information needed to craft an effective plan.
Need a convincing business plan?
The Business Plan Shop makes it easy to create a financial forecast to assess the potential profitability of your projects, and write a business plan that’ll wow investors.
Information needed to create a business plan for a computer store
You need the right data in order to project sales, investments and costs accurately in the financial forecast of your computer store business plan.
Below, we'll cover three key pieces of information you should gather before drafting your business plan.
Carrying out market research for a computer store
As you consider writing your business plan for a computer store, conducting market research becomes a vital step to ensure accurate and realistic financial projections.
Market research provides valuable insights into your target customer base, competitors, pricing strategies, and other key factors that can significantly impact the commercial success of your business.
Through this research, you may uncover trends that could influence your computer store.
Your market research could reveal that customers may be increasingly interested in buying laptops with large screens, as well as powerful gaming computers with high-end graphics cards. Additionally, customers might be looking for more affordable options such as refurbished computers and budget-friendly laptops.
Such market trends play a significant role in forecasting revenue, as they offer valuable data about potential customers' spending habits and preferences.
By incorporating these findings into your financial projections, you can present investors with more accurate information, helping them make informed decisions about investing in your computer store.
Developing the sales and marketing plan for a computer store
As you embark on creating your computer store business plan, it is crucial to budget sales and marketing expenses beforehand.
A well-defined sales and marketing plan should include precise projections of the actions required to acquire and retain customers. It will also outline the necessary workforce to execute these initiatives and the budget required for promotions, advertising, and other marketing efforts.
This approach ensures that the appropriate amount of resources is allocated to these activities, aligning with the sales and growth objectives outlined in your business plan.
The staffing and equipment needs of a computer store
Whether you are at the beginning stages of your computer store or expanding its horizons, having a clear plan for recruitment and capital expenditures (investment in equipment and real estate) is vital to ensure your business's success.
To achieve this, both the recruitment and investment plans must align coherently with the projected timing and level of growth in your forecast. It is essential to secure appropriate funding for these plans.
A computer store might incur staffing costs such as wages, employee benefits, and training. They might also incur equipment costs such as computers, monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, and other peripherals. Additionally, they might incur costs for furniture, software, networking equipment, and any other tools needed for their operation.
To create a financial forecast that accurately represents your business's outlook, remember to factor in other day-to-day operating expenses.
Now that you have all the necessary information, it's time to dive in and start creating your business plan and developing the financial forecast for your computer store.
What goes into your computer store's financial forecast?
The financial forecast of your computer store will enable you to assess the profitability potential of your business in the coming years and how much capital is required to fund the actions planned in the business plan.
The four key outputs of a financial forecast for a computer store are:
- The profit and loss (P&L) statement ,
- The projected balance sheet ,
- The cash flow forecast ,
- And the sources and uses table .
Let's take a closer look at each of these.
The projected P&L statement
The projected P&L statement for a computer store shows how much revenue and profit your business is expected to make in the future.
A healthy computer store's P&L statement should show:
- Sales growing at (minimum) or above (better) inflation
- Stable (minimum) or expanding (better) profit margins
- A healthy level of net profitability
This will of course depend on the stage of your business: numbers for a startup will look different than for an established computer store.
The forecasted balance sheet of your computer store
The projected balance sheet of your computer store will enable the reader of your business plan to assess the overall financial health of your business.
It shows three elements: assets, liabilities and equity:
- Assets: are productive resources owned by the business, such as equipment, cash, and accounts receivable (money owed by clients).
- Liabilities: are debts owed to creditors, lenders, and other entities, such as accounts payable (money owed to suppliers).
- Equity: includes the sums invested by the shareholders or business owners and the profits and losses accumulated by the business to date (which are called retained earnings). It is a proxy for the value of the owner's stake in the business.
Analysing your computer store projected balance sheet provides an understanding of your computer store's working capital structure, investment and financing policies.
In particular, the readers of your plan can compare the level of financial debt on the balance sheet to the equity value to measure the level of financial risk (equity doesn't need to be reimbursed, while financial debt must be repaid, making it riskier).
They can also use your balance sheet to assess your computer store's liquidity and solvency:
- A liquidity analysis: focuses on whether or not your business has sufficient cash and short-term assets to cover its liabilities due in the next 12 months.
- A solvency analysis: takes and longer view to assess whether or not your business has the capacity to repay its debts over the medium-term.
The projected cash flow statement
A cash flow forecast for a computer store shows how much cash the business is projected to generate or consume.
The cash flow statement is divided into 3 main areas:
- The operating cash flow shows how much cash is generated or consumed by the operations (running the business)
- The investing cash flow shows how much cash is being invested in capital expenditure (equipment, real estate, etc.)
- The financing cash flow shows how much cash is raised or distributed to investors and lenders
Looking at the cash flow forecast helps you to ensure that your business has enough cash to keep running, and can help you anticipate potential cash shortfalls.
It is also a best practice to include a monthly cash flow statement in the appendices of your computer store business plan so that the readers can view the impact of seasonality on your business cash position and generation.
The initial financing plan
The initial financing plan - also called a sources and uses table - is an important tool when starting a computer store.
It shows where the money needed to set up the business will come from (sources) and how it will be allocated (uses).
Having this table helps understand what costs are involved in setting up the computer store, how the risks are distributed between the shareholders and the lenders, and what will be the starting cash position (which needs to be sufficient to sustain operations until the business breaks even).
Now that the financial forecast of a computer store business plan is understood, let's focus on what goes into the written part of the plan.
Need inspiration for your business plan?
The Business Plan Shop has dozens of business plan templates that you can use to get a clear idea of what a complete business plan looks like.
The written part of a computer store business plan
The written part of a computer store business plan plays a key role: it lays out the plan of action you intend to execute to seize the commercial opportunity you've identified on the market and provides the context needed for the reader to decide if they believe your plan to be achievable and your financial forecast to be realistic.
The written part of a computer store business plan is composed of 7 main sections:
- The executive summary
- The presentation of the company
- The products and services
- The market analysis
- The strategy
- The operations
- The financial plan
Let's go through the content of each section in more detail!
1. The executive summary
The executive summary, the first section of your computer store's business plan, serves as an inviting snapshot of your entire plan, leaving readers eager to know more about your business.
To compose an effective executive summary, start with a concise introduction of your business, covering its name, concept, location, history, and unique aspects. Share insights about the services or products you intend to offer and your target customer base.
Subsequently, provide an overview of your computer store's addressable market, highlighting current trends and potential growth opportunities.
Then, present a summary of critical financial figures, such as projected revenues, profits, and cash flows.
You should then include a summary of your key financial figures such as projected revenues, profits, and cash flows.
Lastly, address any funding needs in the "ask" section of your executive summary.
2. The presentation of the company
The second section in your computer store's business plan should focus on the structure and ownership, location, and management team of the company.
The structure and ownership part provides an overview of the legal structure of the business, who the owners are and how much each has invested and owns. If you are seeking financing it is important that the reader gets a clear picture of which legal entity is receiving the funds, and who controls the business.
The location part should give an overview of the premises from which the company is operating, and why that location is of particular interest (catchment area, accessibility, amenities nearby, etc.).
When describing the location of your computer store to a third party financier, emphasize the potential advantages that the location may have. It could be in an area with a large population of tech-savvy consumers, or in close proximity to other businesses with a need for the services you provide. You may also want to mention the potential for increased foot traffic due to the presence of other retailers in the area, or the potential for partnerships with local businesses to create mutually beneficial opportunities. Additionally, the area could be primed for economic growth, as a result of recent investments in infrastructure or other developments. All of these factors could make the location an attractive one for a financier to invest in.
Finally, you should introduce the management team. Explain each member's role, background, and experience.
It is also important to emphasize any past successes that the members of the management team have achieved, and how long they've been working together, as this will help potential lenders or investors understand why they should trust in their leadership.
3. The products and services section
The products and services section of your computer store business plan should include a detailed description of what your company sells to its customers.
For example, your computer store might offer custom built computers, repairs and maintenance services, and computer accessories such as keyboards, mice, and monitors. This allows customers to purchase the exact specifications they need for their computer, get any needed repairs or maintenance done, and upgrade their existing setup with the latest accessories.
The reader will want to understand what makes your computer store unique from other businesses in this competitive market.
When drafting this section, you should be precise about the categories of products or services you sell, the clients you are targeting and the channels that you are targeting them through.
4. The market analysis
When presenting your market analysis in your computer store business plan, you should detail the customers' demographics and segmentation, target market, competition, barriers to entry, and any regulations that may apply.
The goal of this section is to help the reader understand how big and attractive your market is, and demonstrate that you have a solid understanding of the industry.
You should start with the demographics and segmentation subsection, which gives an overview of the addressable market for your computer store, the main trends in the marketplace, and introduces the different customer segments and their preferences in terms of purchasing habits and budgets.
The target market section should follow and zoom on the customer segments your computer store is targeting, and explain how your products and services meet the specific needs of these customers.
For example, your target market might include busy professionals who need a reliable computer for work. They might need a computer with high performance and good battery life, as they will be using it while on the go. They will likely be willing to pay more for a quality and reliable product.
Then comes the competition subsection, where you should introduce your main competitors and explain what differentiates you from them.
Finally, you should finish your market analysis by giving an overview of the main regulations applicable to your computer store.
5. The strategy section
When crafting the strategy section of your business plan for your computer store, it's important to cover several key aspects, including your competitive edge, pricing strategy, sales & marketing plan, milestones, and risks and mitigants.
In the competitive edge subsection, clearly explain what sets your company apart from competitors. This is particularly critical if you're a startup, as you'll be trying to establish your presence in the marketplace among entrenched players.
The pricing strategy subsection should demonstrate how you aim to maintain profitability while offering competitive prices to your customers.
For the sales & marketing plan, outline how you plan to reach and acquire new customers, as well as retain existing ones through loyalty programs or special offers.
In the milestones subsection, detail what your company has achieved thus far and outline your primary objectives for the coming years by including specific dates for expected progress. This ensures everyone involved has clear expectations.
Lastly, in the risks and mitigants subsection, list the main risks that could potentially impact the execution of your plan. Explain the measures you've taken to minimize these risks. This is vital for investors or lenders to feel confident in supporting your venture - try to proactively address any objection they might have.
Your computer store may face the risk of theft. Employees might not follow security protocols, or customers could take advantage of the store's sales and steal items. Your computer store might also face the risk of outdated technology. Newer products may become available in the market, and the store may not have the financial resources to keep up. This could lead to customers choosing to shop elsewhere.
6. The operations section
In your business plan, it's also essential to provide a detailed overview of the operations of your computer store.
Start by covering your team, highlighting key roles and your recruitment plan to support the expected growth. Outline the qualifications and experience required for each role and your intended recruitment methods, whether through job boards, referrals, or headhunters.
Next, clearly state your computer store's operating hours, allowing the reader to assess staffing levels adequately. Additionally, mention any plans for varying opening times during peak seasons and how you'll handle customer queries outside normal operating hours.
Then, shift your focus to the key assets and intellectual property (IP) necessary for your business. If you rely on licenses, trademarks, physical structures like equipment or property, or lease agreements, make sure to include them in this section.
You could have key assets such as physical computer parts, like processors and hard drives, as well as software and licenses to install on the computers. Additionally, you might have intellectual property, such as the store's logo, website content, and copyrighted designs. These would all need to be protected to ensure that the store's assets remain secure.
Lastly, include a list of suppliers you plan to work with, detailing their services and main commercial terms, such as price, payment terms, and contract duration. Investors are interested in understanding why you've chosen specific suppliers, which may be due to higher-quality products or established relationships from previous ventures.
7. The presentation of the financial plan
The financial plan section is where we will present the financial forecast we talked about earlier in this guide.
Now that you have a clear idea of what goes in your computer store business plan, let's look at the solutions you can use to draft yours.
What tool should I use to write my computer store's business plan?
In this section, we will be reviewing the two main solutions for creating a computer store business plan:
- Using specialized online business plan software,
- Outsourcing the plan to the business plan writer.
Using an online business plan software for your computer store's business plan
The modern and most efficient way to write a computer store business plan is to use business plan software .
There are several advantages to using specialized software:
- You can easily create your financial forecast by letting the software take care of the financial calculations for you without errors
- You are guided through the writing process by detailed instructions and examples for each part of the plan
- You can access a library of dozens of complete business plan samples and templates for inspiration
- You get a professional business plan, formatted and ready to be sent to your bank or investors
- You can easily track your actual financial performance against your financial forecast
- You can create scenarios to stress test your forecast's main assumptions
- You can easily update your forecast as time goes by to maintain visibility on future cash flows
- You have a friendly support team on standby to assist you when you are stuck
If you're interested in using this type of solution, you can try The Business Plan Shop for free by signing up here .
Need a solid financial forecast?
The Business Plan Shop does the maths for you. Simply enter your revenues, costs and investments. Click save and our online tool builds a three-way forecast for you instantly.
Hiring a business plan writer to write your computer store's business plan
Outsourcing your computer store business plan to a business plan writer can also be a viable option.
Business plan writers are experienced in writing business plans and adept at creating financial forecasts without errors. Furthermore, hiring a consultant can save you time and allow you to focus on the day-to-day operations of your business.
However, hiring business plan writers is expensive as you are paying for the software used by the consultant, plus their time, and their profit margin of course.
From experience, you need to budget at least £1.5k ($2.0k) excluding tax for a complete business plan, more if you need to make changes after the initial version (which happens frequently after the initial meetings with lenders or investors).
You also need to be careful when seeking investment. Investors want their money to be used to grow the business, not spent on consulting fees. Therefore, the amount you spend on business plan writing services (and other consulting services such as legal services) needs to be negligible relative to the amount raised.
The other drawback is that you usually don't own the business plan itself: you just get the output, while the actual document is saved in the consultant's business plan software - which makes it difficult to maintain the document up to date without hiring the consultant on a retainer.
For these reasons, outsourcing the computer store business plan to a business plan writer should be considered carefully, weighing both the advantages and disadvantages of hiring outside help.
Ultimately, it may be the right decision for some businesses, while others may find it beneficial to write their business plan using online software.
Why not create your computer store's business plan using Word or Excel?
Using Microsoft Excel and Word (or their Google, Apple, or open-source equivalents) to write a computer store business plan is a terrible idea.
For starters, creating an accurate and error-free financial forecast on Excel (or any spreadsheet) is very technical and requires both a strong grasp of accounting principles and solid skills in financial modelling.
As a result, it is unlikely anyone will trust your numbers unless - like us at The Business Plan Shop - you hold a degree in finance and accounting and have significant financial modelling experience in your past.
The second reason is that it is inefficient. Building forecasts on spreadsheets was the only option in the 1990s and early 2000s, nowadays technology has advanced and software can do it much faster and much more accurately.
And with the rise of AI, software is also becoming smarter at helping us detect mistakes in our forecasts and helping us analyse the numbers to make better decisions.
Also, using software makes it easy to compare actuals vs. forecasts and maintain our forecasts up to date to maintain visibility on future cash flows - as we discussed earlier in this guide - whereas this is a pain to do with a spreadsheet.
That's for the forecast, but what about the written part of my computer store business plan?
This part is less error-prone, but here also software brings tremendous gains in productivity:
- Word processors don't include instructions and examples for each part of your business plan
- Word processors don't update your numbers automatically when they change in your forecast
- Word processors don't handle the formatting for you
Overall, while Word or Excel may be viable options for creating a computer store business plan for some entrepreneurs, it is by far not the best or most efficient solution.
- Using business plan software is a modern and cost-effective way of writing and maintaining business plans.
- A business plan is not a one-shot exercise as maintaining it current is the only way to keep visibility on your future cash flows.
- A business plan has 2 main parts: a financial forecast outlining the funding requirements of your computer store and the expected growth, profits and cash flows for the next 3 to 5 years; and a written part which gives the reader the information needed to decide if they believe the forecast is achievable.
We hope that this in-depth guide met your expectations and that you now have a clear understanding of how to write your computer store business plan. Do not hesitate to contact our friendly team if you have questions additional questions we haven't addressed here.
Also on The Business Plan Shop
- How to write a business plan to secure a bank loan?
- Key steps to write a business plan?
- Top mistakes to avoid in your business plan
Do you know entrepreneurs interested in starting or growing a computer store? Share this article with them!
Founder & CEO at The Business Plan Shop Ltd
Guillaume Le Brouster is a seasoned entrepreneur and financier.
Guillaume has been an entrepreneur for more than a decade and has first-hand experience of starting, running, and growing a successful business.
Prior to being a business owner, Guillaume worked in investment banking and private equity, where he spent most of his time creating complex financial forecasts, writing business plans, and analysing financial statements to make financing and investment decisions.
Guillaume holds a Master's Degree in Finance from ESCP Business School and a Bachelor of Science in Business & Management from Paris Dauphine University.
Published on 28 Sep 2023 , last update on 28 Sep 2023 , as per our editorial standards .
Create a convincing business plan
Assess the profitability of your business idea and create a persuasive business plan to pitch to investors
500,000+ entrepreneurs have already tried our solution - why not join them?
Not ready to try our on-line tool ? Learn more about our solution here
Need some inspiration for your business plan?
Subscribe to The Business Plan Shop and gain access to our business plan template library.
Need a professional business plan? Discover our solution
Write your business plan with ease!
It's easy to create a professional business plan with The Business Plan Shop
Want to find out more before you try? Learn more about our solution here
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Computer repair business plan
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
Upmetrics AI Assistant: Simplifying Business Planning through AI-Powered Insights. Learn How
Financial forecasting, ai assistance, see how upmetrics works →, strategic planning, entrepreneurs & small business, accelerators & incubators, business consultants & advisors, educators & business schools, students & scholars.
- Sample Plans
Business Plan Course
Small business tools, strategic canvas templates, e-books, guides & more.
- WHY UPMETRICS?
Customers Success Stories
- Sample Business Plans
- IT, Staffing & Customer Service
Computer Repair Business Plan
Starting a computer repair business can be a lucrative and rewarding business venture for any tech enthusiast.
However, entering the marketplace without proper planning can put your business at risk. That’s where a business plan can help.
Need help writing a business plan for your computer repair business? You’re at the right place. Our computer repair business plan template will help you get started
Free Business Plan Template
Download our Free Business Plan Template now and pave the way to success. Let’s turn your vision into an actionable strategy!
- Fill in the blanks – Outline
- Financial Tables
How to Write a Computer Repair Business Plan?
Writing a computer repair business plan is a crucial step toward the success of your business. Here are the key steps to consider when writing a business plan:
1. Executive Summary
An executive summary is the first section planned to offer an overview of the entire business plan. However, it is written after the entire business plan is ready and summarizes each section of your plan.
Here are a few key components to include in your executive summary:
Introduce your Business:
- This section may include the name of your computer repair business, its location, when it was founded, the type of computer repair business (E.g., general computer repair, mobile device repair, gaming console repair.), etc.
Products and services:.
- For instance, your computer repair services may include diagnostic and troubleshooting, hardware repair, software installation, data backup solutions, and network and connectivity solutions.
Marketing & Sales Strategies:
Financial highlights:, call to action:.
Ensure your executive summary is clear, concise, easy to understand, and jargon-free.
Say goodbye to boring templates
Build your business plan faster and easier with AI
Plans starting from $7/month
2. Business Overview
The business overview section of your business plan offers detailed information about your company. The details you add will depend on how important they are to your business. Yet, business name, location, business history, and future goals are some of the foundational elements you must consider adding to this section:
Describe your business in this section by providing all the basic information:
- General computer repair
- Laptop repair
- Mobile device repair
- Remote support services
- Gaming console repair
- On-site repair services
- Describe the legal structure of your computer repair company, whether it is a sole proprietorship, LLC, partnership, or others.
- Explain where your business is located and why you selected the place.
- Additionally, If you have received any awards or recognition for excellent work, describe them.
This section should provide a thorough understanding of your business, its history, and its future plans. Keep this section engaging, precise, and to the point.
3. Market Analysis
The market analysis section of your business plan should offer a thorough understanding of the industry with the target market, competitors, and growth opportunities. You should include the following components in this section.
- For instance, computer educational institutes and IT offices can be an ideal target market for a computer repair business.
Market size and growth potential:
Competitive analysis:, market trends:.
- For instance, there is a growing demand for mobile device repair services; explain how you plan to deal with this growing market trend.
Here are a few tips for writing the market analysis section of your computer repair business plan:
- Conduct market research, industry reports, and surveys to gather data.
- Provide specific and detailed information whenever possible.
- Illustrate your points with charts and graphs.
- Write your business plan keeping your target audience in mind.
4. Products And Services
The product and services section should describe the specific services and products that will be offered to customers. To write this section should include the following:
Describe your services:
Mention the computer repair services your business will offer. This list may include services like
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Hardware repair and replacement
- Virus and malware removal
- Networking and connectivity solutions
- Software installation and configuration
- You might mention how customers request computer repair services, how you diagnose or troubleshoot issues, and when you deliver services.
- This may include standardized procedures, timely quality audits, monitoring and testing equipment, and continuous improvement.
In short, this section of your computer repair plan must be informative, precise, and client-focused. By providing a clear and compelling description of your offerings, you can help potential investors and readers understand the value of your business.
5. Sales And Marketing Strategies
Writing the sales and marketing strategies section means a list of strategies you will use to attract and retain your clients. Here are some key elements to include in your sales & marketing plan:
Unique Selling Proposition (USP):
- For example, fast turnaround times, on-site repairs, specialized expertise, and environment-friendly practices could be some of the great USPs for a computer repair company.
Marketing strategies:, sales strategies:, customer retention:.
- For instance, your customer retention strategies may include providing excellent customer service, customer feedback and surveys, and follow-up calls.
Overall, this section of your computer repair business plan should focus on customer acquisition and retention.
Have a specific, realistic, and data-driven approach while planning sales and marketing strategies for your computer repair business, and be prepared to adapt or make strategic changes in your strategies based on feedback and results.
6. Operations Plan
The operations plan section of your business plan should outline the processes and procedures involved in your business operations, such as staffing requirements and operational processes. Here are a few components to add to your operations plan:
Staffing & Training:
Operational process:, equipment & machinery:.
- Explain how these technologies help you maintain quality standards and improve the efficiency of your business operations.
Adding these components to your operations plan will help you lay out your business operations, which will eventually help you manage your business effectively.
7. Management Team
The management team section provides an overview of your computer repair business’s management team. This section should provide a detailed description of each manager’s experience and qualifications, as well as their responsibilities and roles.
- It should include senior management and other key people involved in the computer repair business operations, including their education, professional background, and any relevant experience in the industry.
Compensation plan:, advisors/consultants:.
- So, if you have any advisors or consultants, include them with their names and brief information consisting of roles and years of experience.
This section should describe the key personnel for your computer repair services, highlighting how you have the perfect team to succeed.
8. Financial Plan
Your financial plan section should provide a summary of your business’s financial projections for the first few years. Here are some key elements to include in your financial plan:
Profit & loss statement:
Cash flow statement:, balance sheet:, break-even point:.
- This exercise will help you understand how much revenue you need to generate to sustain or be profitable.
Be realistic with your financial projections, and make sure you offer relevant information and evidence to support your estimates.
The appendix section of your plan should include any additional information supporting your business plan’s main content, such as market research, legal documentation, financial statements, and other relevant information.
- Add a table of contents for the appendix section to help readers easily find specific information or sections.
- In addition to your financial statements, provide additional financial documents like tax returns, a list of assets within the business, credit history, and more. These statements must be the latest and offer financial projections for at least the first three or five years of business operations.
- Provide data derived from market research, including stats about the computer repair industry, user demographics, and industry trends.
- Include any legal documents such as permits, licenses, and contracts.
- Include any additional documentation related to your business plan, such as product brochures, marketing materials, operational procedures, etc.
Use clear headings and labels for each section of the appendix so that readers can easily find the necessary information.
Remember, the appendix section of your computer repair business plan should only include relevant and important information supporting your plan’s main content.
The Quickest Way to turn a Business Idea into a Business Plan
Fill-in-the-blanks and automatic financials make it easy.
This sample computer repair business plan will provide an idea for writing a successful computer repair plan, including all the essential components of your business.
After this, if you still need clarification about writing an investment-ready business plan to impress your audience, download our computer repair business plan pdf .
Software Company Business Plan
IT Consulting Business Plan
Why Customer Analysis Important
How to Choose Effective Business Location
10 Components of a Business Plan
Guide to Making a Business Plan Presentation
Frequently asked questions, why do you need a computer repair business plan.
A business plan is an essential tool for anyone looking to start or run a successful computer repair business. It helps to get clarity in your business, secures funding, and identifies potential challenges while starting and growing your business.
Overall, a well-written plan can help you make informed decisions, which can contribute to the long-term success of your computer repair company.
How to get funding for your computer repair business?
There are several ways to get funding for your computer repair business, but self-funding is one of the most efficient and speedy funding options. Other options for funding are:
- Bank loan – You may apply for a loan in government or private banks.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) loan – SBA loans and schemes are available at affordable interest rates, so check the eligibility criteria before applying for it.
- Crowdfunding – The process of supporting a project or business by getting a lot of people to invest in your business, usually online.
- Angel investors – Getting funds from angel investors is one of the most sought-after startup options.
Apart from all these options, there are small business grants available, Check for the same in your location and you can apply for it.
Where to find business plan writers for your computer repair business?
There are many business plan writers available, but no one knows your business and ideas better than you, so we recommend you write your computer repair business plan and outline your vision as you have in mind.
What is the easiest way to write your computer repair business plan?
A lot of research is necessary for writing a business plan, but you can write your plan most efficiently with the help of any computer repair business plan example and edit it as per your need. You can also quickly finish your plan in just a few hours or less with the help of our business plan software .
About the Author
Upmetrics is the #1 business planning software that helps entrepreneurs and business owners create investment-ready business plans using AI. We regularly share business planning insights on our blog. Check out the Upmetrics blog for such interesting reads. Read more
Plan your business in the shortest time possible
No Risk – Cancel at Any Time – 15 Day Money Back Guarantee
Create a great Business Plan with great price.
- 200+ Business plan templates & examples
- AI Assistance & step by step guidance
- 4.8 Star rating on Trustpilot
Streamline your business planning process with Upmetrics .
Don't bother with copy and paste.
Get this complete sample business plan as a free text document.
Computer Repair Business Plan
Start your own computer repair business plan
Executive Summary executive summary is a brief introduction to your business plan. It describes your business, the problem that it solves, your target market, and financial highlights.">
We depend on our computers. Finding reliable expertise is a problem for anybody who doesn’t have a direct channel via a company, employer, friend, or relative. We solve that problem.
PC Repair will provide computer and technical consulting (repairs, training, networking and upgrade service) to local small businesses as well as home PC users. The company will focus on marketing, responsiveness, quality, and creating and retaining customer relations.
The very nature of the computing industry, with its extraordinary rate of technological development, creates a constant need for businesses skilled in updating and advising customers on computer-related issues. In town, the majority of potential customers are dissatisfied with existing options, creating an attractive niche for an innovative start-up. Small business PC users will provide the majority of our business revenue. Business Week expects the computing industry to grow at a rate of 12% and the processor speeds to continue to expand for years to come, providing a rich resource for sales.
PC Repair has decided to focus mainly on the small business market, as these customers typically don’t have a full-time IT person, but have full-time IT needs. PC Repair will offer an affordable, on-demand service for these customers. We can also offer maintenance agreements that generate additional monthly income. For our residential customers, we will offer a very affordable and helpful service with a very flexible schedule to meet their needs. Our target market will focus on Ramsford-on-Bitstream and the surrounding areas. Market research indicates there is an abundance of business for a small company such as PC Repair.
Secondary market research shows computer service customers tend to be very loyal to providers that do good work and satisfy their needs. An analysis of PC Repair’s main competitors shows no overwhelming strengths that would be significant barriers to entry into the market, as our local competitors have serious weaknesses.
The computer maintenance and repair industry is fragmented, with a few large, national players and hundreds of small, local stores. While most computers are actually repaired in-store, near the customer, parts for the repair come from major manufacturers and distributors; delays in receiving necessary parts can significantly slow down the repair process. Large chains have solved this problem by keeping vast amounts of inventory in stock at all times, while local stores offer customers the trade-off of personal interaction and trust that may make up for some delay.
PC Repair has established a relationship with a local distributor to do rapid special-ordering; although this capability is more expensive than normal channels, it will enable us to quickly establish a reputation as efficient and responsive to customer needs, particularly for our small business users. We will leverage this customer loyalty into great word of mouth marketing and steady growth.
PC repair will set the standard for on-site computer solutions through fast, on-site service and response. Our customers will always receive one-on-one personal attention at a very affordable price. Our customers will receive the highest quality of customer service available. Our employees will receive extensive training, a great place to work, fair pay and benefits, and incentives to use their own good judgement to solve customers’ problems.
With our good cost control, we will see a modest, yet comfortable, net profit the first year, even after moving into a leased space and hiring additional technicians. We lose money slightly in the second and third year, but we are paying the owner’s salaries and the loss is covered in cash flow. And there will be tax benefits. We do expect to be profitable for the long term.
Financial Highlights by Year
We will be getting $43,000 to start. That will be a $20,000 loan and $23,000 from the owner.
Start your own business plan
Your business plan can look as polished and professional as this sample plan. It's fast and easy, with LivePlan.
The quickest way to turn a business idea into a business plan
Fill-in-the-blanks and automatic financials make it easy.
No thanks, I prefer writing 40-page documents.
Flash Sale. 40% Off the #1 rated business plan builder