What are your chances of acceptance?
Calculate for all schools, your chance of acceptance.
Your chancing factors
100 Interesting Research Paper Topics for High Schoolers
What’s covered:, how to pick the right research topic, elements of a strong research paper.
- Interesting Research Paper Topics
Where to Get Your Research Paper Edited for Free
Composing a research paper can be a daunting task for first-time writers. In addition to making sure you’re using concise language and your thoughts are organized clearly, you need to find a topic that draws the reader in. CollegeVine is here to help you brainstorm creative topics. Below are 100 interesting research paper topics that will help you engage with your project and keep you motivated until you’ve typed the final period.
You can’t have a good research paper without a good research paper topic. “Good” is subjective and different students will find different topics interesting; however, what’s important is that you find a topic that makes you want to find out more and make a convincing argument. Maybe you’ll be so interested that you’ll want to take it further and submit your paper to a competition!
A research paper is similar to an academic essay but more lengthy and requires more research. This is bittersweet: although it is more work, you can create a more nuanced argument, and learn more about your topic area. Research papers are a demonstration of your research ability and your ability to formulate a convincing argument. How well you’re able to engage with the sources and make original contributions will determine the strength of your paper.
The introduction to a research paper serves two critical functions: it conveys the topic of the paper and illustrates how you will address it. A strong introduction will also pique the interest of the reader and make them excited to read more. Selecting a research paper topic that is meaningful, interesting, and fascinates you is an excellent first step toward creating an engaging paper that people will want to read.
A thesis statement is technically part of the introduction—generally the last sentence of it—but is so important that it merits a section of its own. The thesis statement is a declarative sentence that tells the reader what the paper is about. A strong thesis statement serves three purposes: present the topic of the paper, deliver a clear opinion on the topic, and summarize the points the paper will cover.
An example of a good thesis statement of diversity in the workforce is:
Diversity in the workplace is not just a moral imperative but also a strategic advantage for businesses, as it fosters innovation, enhances creativity, improves decision-making, and enables companies to better understand and connect with a diverse customer base.
The body is the largest section of a research paper. It’s here where you support your thesis, present your facts and research, and persuade the reader.
Each paragraph in the body of a research paper should have its own idea. The idea is presented, generally in the first sentence of the paragraph, by a topic sentence. The topic sentence acts similarly to the thesis statement, only on a smaller scale, and every sentence in the paragraph with it supports the idea it conveys.
An example of a topic sentence on how diversity in the workplace fosters innovation is:
Diversity in the workplace fosters innovation by bringing together individuals with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which stimulates creativity, encourages new ideas, and leads to the development of innovative solutions to complex problems.
The body of an engaging research paper flows smoothly from one idea to the next. Create an outline before writing and order your ideas so that each idea logically leads to another.
The conclusion of a research paper should summarize your thesis and reinforce your argument. It’s common to restate the thesis in the conclusion of a research paper.
For example, a conclusion for a paper about diversity in the workforce is:
In conclusion, diversity in the workplace is vital to success in the modern business world. By embracing diversity, companies can tap into the full potential of their workforce, promote creativity and innovation, and better connect with a diverse customer base, ultimately leading to greater success and a more prosperous future for all.
The reference page is normally found at the end of a research paper. It provides proof that you did research using credible sources, properly credits the originators of information, and prevents plagiarism.
There are a number of different formats of reference pages, including APA, MLA, and Chicago. Make sure to format your reference page in your teacher’s preferred style.
- Analyze the benefits of diversity in education.
- Are charter schools useful for the national education system?
- How has modern technology changed teaching?
- Discuss the pros and cons of standardized testing.
- What are the benefits of a gap year between high school and college?
- What funding allocations give the most benefit to students?
- Does homeschooling set students up for success?
- Should universities/high schools require students to be vaccinated?
- What effect does rising college tuition have on high schoolers?
- Do students perform better in same-sex schools?
- Discuss and analyze the impacts of a famous musician on pop music.
- How has pop music evolved over the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of women in music changed in the media over the past decade?
- How does a synthesizer work?
- How has music evolved to feature different instruments/voices?
- How has sound effect technology changed the music industry?
- Analyze the benefits of music education in high schools.
- Are rehabilitation centers more effective than prisons?
- Are congestion taxes useful?
- Does affirmative action help minorities?
- Can a capitalist system effectively reduce inequality?
- Is a three-branch government system effective?
- What causes polarization in today’s politics?
- Is the U.S. government racially unbiased?
- Choose a historical invention and discuss its impact on society today.
- Choose a famous historical leader who lost power—what led to their eventual downfall?
- How has your country evolved over the past century?
- What historical event has had the largest effect on the U.S.?
- Has the government’s response to national disasters improved or declined throughout history?
- Discuss the history of the American occupation of Iraq.
- Explain the history of the Israel-Palestine conflict.
- Is literature relevant in modern society?
- Discuss how fiction can be used for propaganda.
- How does literature teach and inform about society?
- Explain the influence of children’s literature on adulthood.
- How has literature addressed homosexuality?
- Does the media portray minorities realistically?
- Does the media reinforce stereotypes?
- Why have podcasts become so popular?
- Will streaming end traditional television?
- What is a patriot?
- What are the pros and cons of global citizenship?
- What are the causes and effects of bullying?
- Why has the divorce rate in the U.S. been declining in recent years?
- Is it more important to follow social norms or religion?
- What are the responsible limits on abortion, if any?
- How does an MRI machine work?
- Would the U.S. benefit from socialized healthcare?
- Elderly populations
- The education system
- State tax bases
- How do anti-vaxxers affect the health of the country?
- Analyze the costs and benefits of diet culture.
- Should companies allow employees to exercise on company time?
- What is an adequate amount of exercise for an adult per week/per month/per day?
- Discuss the effects of the obesity epidemic on American society.
- Are students smarter since the advent of the internet?
- What departures has the internet made from its original design?
- Has digital downloading helped the music industry?
- Discuss the benefits and costs of stricter internet censorship.
- Analyze the effects of the internet on the paper news industry.
- What would happen if the internet went out?
- How will artificial intelligence (AI) change our lives?
- What are the pros and cons of cryptocurrency?
- How has social media affected the way people relate with each other?
- Should social media have an age restriction?
- Discuss the importance of source software.
- What is more relevant in today’s world: mobile apps or websites?
- How will fully autonomous vehicles change our lives?
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- What are the benefits of daily exercise?
- How has social media affected people’s mental health?
- What things contribute to poor mental and physical health?
- Analyze how mental health is talked about in pop culture.
- Discuss the pros and cons of more counselors in high schools.
- How does stress affect the body?
- How do emotional support animals help people?
- What are black holes?
- Discuss the biggest successes and failures of the EPA.
- How has the Flint water crisis affected life in Michigan?
- Can science help save endangered species?
- Is the development of an anti-cancer vaccine possible?
- What are the effects of deforestation on climate change?
- Is climate change reversible?
- How did the COVID-19 pandemic affect global warming and climate change?
- Are carbon credits effective for offsetting emissions or just marketing?
- Is nuclear power a safe alternative to fossil fuels?
- Are hybrid vehicles helping to control pollution in the atmosphere?
- How is plastic waste harming the environment?
- Is entrepreneurism a trait people are born with or something they learn?
- How much more should CEOs make than their average employee?
- Can you start a business without money?
- Should the U.S. raise the minimum wage?
- Discuss how happy employees benefit businesses.
- How important is branding for a business?
- Discuss the ease, or difficulty, of landing a job today.
- What is the economic impact of sporting events?
- Are professional athletes overpaid?
- Should male and female athletes receive equal pay?
- What is a fair and equitable way for transgender athletes to compete in high school sports?
- What are the benefits of playing team sports?
- What is the most corrupt professional sport?
Paramount to the success of your research paper is the strength of your argument. Your research should bolster your thesis and you should have multiple reputable sources.
For an extra set of eyes, use CollegeVine’s free peer review essay tool to get feedback from another student! A strong research paper is only made stronger with a second pair of eyes.
Related CollegeVine Blog Posts
58 Good Research Paper Topics for High School Students
June 27, 2023
We’ve all been there: you’re sitting in English or Social Studies, and suddenly your teacher announces those dreaded words: “I’d like you all to pick a topic for your upcoming research paper.” Your stomach lurches as your mind races to think of good research paper topics. Should you write about octopuses or the New York Yankees? Should you write about the history of Barbie and her uber-pink Dreamhouse , or perhaps the evolution of Taylor Swift ’s music career?
We get it: these are hard choices! That’s why we here at College Transitions have compiled the ultimate list to assist you in selecting an excellent research topic.
But First…the All-Important Question: What Makes a Great Topic?
We’re glad you asked! When selecting a topic for your academic research paper, you want to select a compelling topic that immediately grabs the reader’s attention. Just like when choosing a persuasive speech topic or argumentative essay topic , you want to be sure to select a topic that intrigues you personally. This is pivotal for multiple reasons. If you find your topic intriguing, you’ll likely spend more time delving into the subject and gathering information to strengthen your arguments. Additionally, if a topic sparks your curiosity, odds are that your enthusiasm will pique someone else’s interest, too!
The Key to a Good Research Paper: Research
Regardless of the topic you choose, ensure it’s researchable . This means that the subject has sufficient resources for research. Even the most intriguing topic won’t make for a good paper if there’s not much research material out there. Remember: your typical research paper is longer and more in-depth than a regular academic essay. While this means you have more time to explore the topic at hand, it also means that the research paper will rely on more information and analysis of the existing material out there. Before finalizing your topic, make sure to do a preliminary search to guarantee there’s plenty of information out there to help you construct a comprehensive argument, filled with multiple perspectives and facets.
Lastly, and most importantly, follow the guidelines your teacher has laid out. If you focus your paper on pop culture, it certainly won’t meet a historical research paper’s requirement! Before embarking on this thrilling intellectual journey, double-check what type of research paper your teacher wants you to write. To prevent future headaches, clarify any rules or conditions upfront.
Now that we’ve covered these key bullet points of what makes a great research paper topic, let’s delve into some examples of topics:
English Literature Research Topics
1) Discuss the profound cultural impact and enduring relevance of Shakespeare’s plays.
2) What roles does feminism play in canonical literary works such as Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre ?
3) Investigate the use of symbolism and its impacts on the narrative and theme in a chosen novel, such as J.D. Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye or Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn.
4) Analyze the use of dystopian elements and their social commentary embedded in the works of George Orwell.
Good Research Paper Topics (Continued)
5) Analyze the themes , symbolic representations, and societal critiques of the American Dream as depicted in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby .
6) Provide a comprehensive explication of a renowned Shakespearean sonnet or soliloquy, such as this one from Hamlet .
7) Choose a poem such as Robert Frost’s “ The Road Not Taken ” and critically analyze its layered meanings and imagery, as well as their impact on the reader.
Technology Research Topics
- For a more comprehensive list of technology-related research topics, we’ve compiled an entire list for you here !
8) Compare and contrast the various techniques of solar geoengineering. How have these practices progressed over time? In what direction might they continue to evolve?
9) Art has become readily producible and consumable in the era of technology and artificial intelligence. How does this surge in accessibility impact the worth of artwork? Additionally, should we value physical artworks more than those made by programs like OpenAI’s DALL-E?
10) Does the advancement of cellular agriculture potentially threaten the ideas of a “ circular bioeconomy ?” Should we strive to pursue a circular bioeconomy?
11) Some people say that video games are detrimental to mental health or encourage violence. Study and present findings on whether specific categories or genres of video games provide more cognitive enhancement than others.
12) Since the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual appointments and doctor’s visits have increased exponentially. Does the surge in screen time that comes with digital therapeutics negatively affect mental health?
13) Consider mob mentality across social media platforms such as TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and Instagram. In what instances and in what contexts is such mentality most prevalent?
Environmental Research Topics
- For a more comprehensive list of environmental-related research topics, we’ve compiled the 50 best ones here !
14) Undertake a comprehensive study of the impacts of climate change on ocean currents and the changes in migration patterns of marine species.
15) Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of urban greenspaces . Discuss potential implementation strategies to ensure equitable access to these spaces, particularly for socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
16) Look at the ethical implications surrounding human intervention in conservation efforts for endangered species.
17) Analyze the environmental impacts of the hospitality and travel industries in terms of pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
18) How do agricultural land use practices impact biodiversity and the health of ecosystems? Look at the relationship between farming, habitat degradation, and species survival.
19) Conduct an in-depth analysis of the potential economic repercussions of climate change. Focus on the impacts of climate changes on global agricultural productivity and food security, as well as their associated dynamics in the global economy.
20) Conduct an in-depth exploration of the relationship between supply and demand dynamics and their influence on the market.
21) Analyze the impact of globalization on local economies. Examine both the direct and indirect effects of globalization and assess strategies for local economies to adapt and thrive within this system.
22) Write a research paper that investigates the role of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin in the global economy. What potential do these currencies have to disrupt traditional financial systems? What are their implications for monetary policy?
23) Undertake a study of the impact of China’s economic ascendance on the global economy.
24) Explore the intricate effects of population growth and/or decline on economic systems, considering factors such as labor market dynamics, allocation of resources, and the potential for sustainable development.
Political Science Research Topics
25) Discuss the role of lobbyists in U.S. politics. Scrutinize their influence on policy-making, and discuss the broader implications for democratic representation.
26) What influence does the media have on political elections? Investigate how media coverage shapes public opinion and voter behavior.
27) Analyze the impact of immigration policy on the economy. Examine such policies’ immediate and long-term implications on the labor market and economy.
28) Discuss the role of the Supreme Court in shaping U.S. laws. Focus on the function the Supreme Court plays in establishing legal precedents.
29) Write a research paper examining the concept of free will, its origins, evolution, and implications.
30) Consider the implications of determinism. Look at its impact on individual agency and moral responsibility within the broader framework of philosophical tradition.
31) Undertake an in-depth analysis of happiness in philosophy, considering its interpretations and their influence on real-world practices.
32) Investigate how various philosophies have perceived consciousness through time. Trace this depiction of consciousness through various philosophical movements.
33) Discuss Nietzsche’s concept of the Übermensch, examining its underpinnings and implications.
Psychology research Topics
34) What role does social media play in shaping an individual’s self-esteem?
35) Explore childhood trauma’s long-lasting impact on adult interpersonal relationships and attachment styles.
36) Analyze the critical role that distinct parenting styles play in molding a child’s personality.
37) Research and discuss the psychological effects and health implications of prolonged exposure to stress.
Art Research Topics
38) Discuss the role of the Renaissance period on modern art, doing a side-by-side analysis of works from both eras.
39) Conduct a thorough analysis of the impact of street art on urban culture, examining how it reshapes public spaces and societal narratives.
40) Investigate the influence of Pop Art on modern design. You might focus on Pop Art’s particular impact on interior design and digital media.
41) Explore the role feminist art plays in promoting gender equality. How do feminist artworks challenge traditional gender roles and/or contribute to societal discourse?
Computer Science Research Topics
42) Artificial Intelligence is advancing rapidly. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of this technology.
43) Discuss whether the use of facial recognition technology violates individuals’ privacy, as well as the broader implications such technology has on societal well-being.
44) Analyze the use of surveillance technology by the government. Is it ethical for the government to use such technology to monitor its citizens?
45) Investigate the rapid development and long-term effects of various social media platforms.
46) Investigate the history of book bans in schools. Discuss the larger cultural and educational impacts such bans have on students and society.
47) Analyze various forms of schooling, from homeschooling to public and private schools. Consider the implications of each on a child’s education and social skills.
48) Write a research paper examining the use of affirmative action or other race-conscious policies on college campuses. Discuss the impact such policies have, as well as potential benefits and drawbacks.
49) Consider the impact of standardized testing on student performance.
Government and Law Research Topics
50) Consider the role that intellectual property and copyright laws play in innovation.
51) Investigate the impact of anti-trust laws on big corporations. What are the economic effects of these laws?
52) Study the role that law enforcement plays in community safety.
53) Consider the legalization of marijuana on crime rates. Discuss the impact this legalization has had on various communities, as well as its benefits and drawbacks.
History Research Topics
54) Analyze the influence of the Civil Rights movement on modern America. How did this movement shape racial, social, and political dynamics in America?
55) Investigate how the French Revolution reshaped political structures and ideologies across Europe.
56) Analyze the significance of the fall of the Berlin Wall and how it marked a shift in the global balance of power.
57) Delve into the effects of the Cold War, as well as its impacts on global politics.
58) Examine the role that women played during World War II and what impact these roles had on challenging gender norms.
I’ve Got My Topic: What Now?
Once you’ve selected your topic, begin brainstorming ways to shape and craft your argument. Here’s one structure your research paper might take:
- Introduction: The introduction presents your research topic to readers and provides a roadmap for the paper ahead.
- Thesis Statement: Craft a compelling thesis statement summarizing your paper’s central arguments.
- Body : The body of the paper is where your carefully conducted research comes into play. Each paragraph should follow the previous one, building a logical progression of thoughts.
- Conclusion: In your conclusion, you reiterate the points you made in your paper and provide a closing paragraph to neatly tie up any last thoughts.
- Reference Page: This is where you credit your sources.
Once you’ve followed this structure, you’re on your way to crafting an excellent research paper. Of course, don’t let pesky typos undermine your hours of hard work and writing. Make sure to always proofread your work before turning it in. And if you’re passionate about research and writing, don’t stop there. Check out these summer programs for writing and journalism so that you can continue to fuel your passion.
- High School Success
With a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing from Columbia University and an MFA in Fiction from the Michener Center for Writers at the University of Texas at Austin, Lauren has been a professional writer for over a decade. She is the author of the chapbook A Great Dark House (Poetry Society of America, 2023) and a forthcoming novel (Viking/Penguin).
- 2-Year Colleges
- Application Strategies
- Big Picture
- Career & Personality Assessment
- College Essay
- College Search/Knowledge
- College Success
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Extracurricular Activities
- Graduate School Admissions
- High Schools
- Law School Admissions
- Medical School Admissions
- Navigating the Admissions Process
- Online Learning
- Summer Programs
“Innovative and invaluable…use this book as your college lifeline.”
— Lynn O'Shaughnessy
Nationally Recognized College Expert
College Planning in Your Inbox
Join our information-packed monthly newsletter.
Sign Up Now
Beyond the Classroom: High School Research Paper Topics
High school is a time of intellectual growth and discovery, where students are encouraged to delve into various subjects and develop their critical thinking skills. One valuable aspect of high school education is the research paper, which offers students the opportunity to explore a topic of interest in depth and engage in independent study. However, selecting a compelling research paper topic can be a daunting task for many students. In this blog post, we will present an extensive list of exciting high school research paper topics across various disciplines. From history to science, literature to technology, we aim to inspire young minds and provide them with the necessary guidance to embark on an engaging research journey.
What is a research paper?
A research paper is a comprehensive academic document that presents the findings, analysis, and interpretation of original research conducted on a specific topic. It is a formal piece of writing that aims to contribute new knowledge, insights, or arguments to a particular field of study.
Research papers are typically written in a structured format and follow a specific set of guidelines. They are commonly written by students, scholars, or researchers as a part of their academic or professional pursuits. The process of writing a research paper involves conducting thorough research, analyzing data, and presenting well-supported arguments or hypotheses.
How can research papers benefit you?
Writing research papers can greatly benefit an individual in many ways, all of which pertain to life-long skills that can be greatly utilized in the future.
Engaging in research and writing a research paper promotes critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and intellectual growth. It requires you to analyze information, evaluate sources, and draw logical conclusions, enhancing your ability to think critically and independently.
Interested in our online AI coding program for middle & high school students? Enter your email below for program enrollment, updates & more!
Research papers allow you to delve deep into a specific topic of interest. Through extensive research and analysis, you gain a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter, becoming an expert in that particular area.
CONTRIBUTION TO KNOWLEDGE:
By conducting original research and sharing your findings through a research paper, you contribute to the body of knowledge in your field. Your research may provide new insights, challenge existing theories, or propose innovative ideas, thereby advancing the understanding of a particular subject.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Writing research papers is a common requirement in academic settings. Successfully completing research papers demonstrates your ability to conduct independent research, effectively communicate your ideas, and adhere to academic standards. These skills are highly valued in educational and professional contexts.
Publishing research papers can enhance your academic and professional reputation. It demonstrates your expertise in a specific area, strengthens your credentials, and can open doors to new opportunities such as grants, scholarships, fellowships, or job offers.
NETWORKING AND COLLABORATION:
Research papers often involve collaboration with other researchers, leading to networking opportunities. Collaborative research can broaden your perspectives, expose you to different methodologies and approaches, and foster connections within your field of study.
Some Ideas for Research Paper Topics
History and social science:.
(according to careerkarma.com)
Religion in Ancient Greece
Causes of the American Revolution
American Neutrality in World War Ⅰ
Effects of the Allies’ Occupation of Germany
Ronald Reagan and the End of the Cold War
Political, Economic, and Social Causes of the French Revolution
The Legacy of Alexander the Great
Rise of the Catholic Church as a Political Institution in the Middle Ages
Impact of the Industrial Revolution on Working-Class Families
The Role of Martin Luther King Jr in the Civil Rights Movement
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
(according to papercoach.net)
Will Technology Save Sears
How Donating Blood Can Help Others
The Innovative Reproduction Technologies
The Introduction To Genetics
How Does Nutritional Habits Can Affect The Human Body
The Benefits Of Composting
Pros And Cons Of Using Fertilizers
The Dangers Of Viruses
The Mutation Of Viruses
The Role Of Penicillin In Biology
LITERATURE AND LANGUAGE:
(according to thisishelpers.com)
The Influence of European Culture in the Midwest Literature.
The Differences Between the Literature of Different Countries.
The Effect of European Culture on Modern Literature.
The Impact of Feminism on Modern Culture.
Evaluate Japanese Literature in the 20th Century.
Social Factors that Necessitate Language Variation and Varieties
What are the Attitudes to Language Among Different Societies?
The Relationship Between Language and Identity
A Critical Evaluation of Language and Ethnicity
Analyzing Language Attrition Among Most English Speakers
MATHEMATICS AND ECONOMICS:
(according to greatassignmenthelp.com)
What is the Minimum Overlap Problem?
Define an Abelian Group.
Describe the Bernoulli Scheme.
When a Trigonometric Series is Called a Fourier Series?
The Basic Properties of Holomorphic Functions.
Trade Policies and Public Economics.
Impact of Public Enterprises’ Privatization on Economic Policy and Development
Analyze the Relationship Between Unemployment and Economic Growth in South African Countries
Discuss the Impact of Inflation and Deflation on Interest Rates and Consumption
Compare and Contrast Neoclassical, Marxian, and Keynesian Theories of Economics
Choosing a research paper topic can be an exciting journey for high school students, allowing them to explore their passions and develop valuable skills. The topics presented in this blog post are intended to inspire and guide students as they embark on their research endeavors. Whether in history, science, literature, or economics, the world offers a multitude of captivating subjects waiting to be explored. Remember to select a topic that sparks your curiosity and offers ample resources for research. Embrace the opportunity to engage in independent study, critical thinking, and academic exploration.
About Inspirit AI
AI Scholars Live Online is a 10 session (25-hour) program that exposes high school students to fundamental AI concepts and guides them to build a socially impactful project. Taught by our team of graduate students from Stanford, MIT, and more, students receive a personalized learning experience in small groups with a student-teacher ratio of 5:1.
By Hansika Kolli, Inspirit AI Ambassador
The Significance of Mental Health Awareness in High School
A palette of expression: the congressional art competition.
50+ High School Research Paper Topics to Ace Your Grades
Research papers are common assignments in high school systems worldwide. It is a scientific term that refers to essays where students share what they’ve learned after thoroughly researching one specific topic. Why do high schools impose them?
Writing a well-structured and organized research paper is key to teaching students how to make critical connections, express understanding, summarize data, and communicate findings.
Students don’t only have to come up with several high school research paper topics, choose one, and produce a research paper. A good topic will help you connect with the evaluating public, or in this case, your professors and classmates. However, many students struggle with finding the right high school research topics.
This is why we’ve put together this guide on choosing topics for a high school research paper and over 50 topic ideas you can use or get inspired with.
How to Choose High School Research Paper Topics
Since you are about to go through over 50 high school research topics, you might get overwhelmed. To avoid it, you need to know how to choose the right research paper topic for you.
The most important thing to consider is the time needed to complete a paper on a particular topic. Too broad topics will wear you out, and you might fail to meet the deadline. This is why you should always stick to, shall we say, not-too-broad and well-defined topics.
Since you will spend some time researching and writing, you need to consider your motivation too. Choosing a topic that you find interesting will help you fuel your research and paper writing capabilities. If your efforts turn out to be futile and the deadline is dangerously close, you can always look for a research paper for sale to ace your grade.
Most Interesting & Easy Research Topics for High School students
Since there are many research paper ideas for high school students, we didn’t want to just provide you with a list. Your interest is an essential factor when choosing a topic. This is why we’ve put them in 8 categories. Feel free to jump to a category that you find the most engaging. If you don’t have the time, here at StudyClerk, we are standing by to deliver a completely custom research paper to you.
If you are interested in education, you should consider choosing an education research topic for high school students. Below you can find ten topics you can use as inspiration.
- Should High Schools Impose Mandatory Vaccination On Students?
- The Benefits Of Charter Schools For The Public Education System
- Homeschooling Vs. Traditional Schooling: Which One Better Sets Students For Success
- Should Public Education Continue To Promote Diversity? Why?
- The Most Beneficial Funding Programs For Students
- The Effects Of The Rising Price Of College Tuitions On High School Students
- Discuss The Most Noteworthy Advantages And Disadvantages Of Standardized Testing
- What Are The Alternatives To Standardized Testing?
- Does Gap Year Between High School And College Set Students For Success?
- Identify And Discuss The Major Benefits Of Group Projects For High Schoolers
World history is rich, fun, and engaging. There are numerous attractive topics to choose from. If history is something that has you on your toes, you’ll find the following world history research topics for high school fascinating.
- The Origin Of The Israel-Palestine Conflict And Possible Resolutions
- The History Of The USA Occupation Of Iraq
- Choose A Famous Assassinated World Leader And Discuss What Led To The Assassination
- Discuss A Historical Invention And How It Changed The Lives Of People Worldwide
- Has The World’s Leading Countries’ Response To Climate Change Improved Or Declined Over The Last Decade?
- How The President Of Belarus Manages To Stay In Power For Over 25 Years
- Which Event In World History Had The Most Impact On Your Country?
Many governments worldwide work on increasing mental health awareness. The following mental health topics for high school research papers will put you in a position to contribute to this very important movement.
- Discuss The Main Ways Stress Affects The Body
- Can Daily Exercises Benefit Mental Health? How?
- Should More Counselors Work In High Schools? Why?
- Discuss The Major Factors That Contribute To Poor Mental And Physical Well-Being
- In What Ways Has The Worldwide Pandemic Affected People’s Mental Health?
- Explore The Relationship Between Social Media And Mental Health Disorders
- How The Public School System Cares For The Mental Health Of Students
- What Is The Most Effective Psychotherapy For High Schoolers?
Science is one of those fields where there is always something new you can research. If you need a science research topic for high school students, feel free to use any of the following.
- How Can Civilization Save Coral Reefs?
- What Are Black Holes, And What Is Their Role?
- Explain Sugar Chemistry That Enables Us To Make Candies
- What Are The Biggest Successes Of The Epa In The Last Decade?
- Is There A Way To Reverse Climate Change? How?
- What Solutions Does Science Offer To Resolve The Drinking Water Crisis In The Future?
Many teenagers find inspiration in music, so why not choose some music high school research paper topics.
- In What Way Music Education Benefits High School Students?
- How Famous Musicians Impact Pop Music
- Classification Of Music Instruments: Discuss The Sachs-Hornbostel System
- Did Sound Effect Technology Change The Music Industry? How?
- How Did Online Streaming Platforms Help Music Evolve?
- How Does Music Software Emulate Sounds Of Different Instruments?
Healthcare finance research topics
Healthcare and finance go hand in hand. Shining light on some exciting correlations between these two fields can be engaging. Here are some topics that you can consider.
- How Can Patient Management Systems Save Money In Hospitals?
- The Pros And Cons Of The Public Healthcare System
- Should Individuals Or The Government Pay For Healthcare?
- What Is Obama-Care And How It Benefits Americans?
- The Most Noteworthy Developments In The History Of Healthcare Financing
Our environment has been a hot topic for quite some time now. There is a lot of research to back up your claims and make logical assumptions. Here are some environmental high school research topics you can choose from.
- What Is The Impact Of Offshore Drilling On The Environment?
- Do We Need Climate Change Legislation? Why?
- Are Ecotourism And Tropical Fishing Viable Ways To Save And Recuperate Endangered Areas And Animals?
- The Impact Of Disposable Products On The Environment
- Discuss The Benefits Of Green Buildings To Our Environment
- Find And Discuss A Large-Scale Recent Project That Helped Restore Balance In An Area
Many students struggle with having to find good entrepreneurship research paper ideas for high school. This is why we’ve developed a list of topics to inspire your research.
- What Is Entrepreneurship?
- Are People Born With An Entrepreneurial Spirit, Or Can You Learn It?
- Discuss The Major Entrepreneurship Theories
- Does Entrepreneurship Affect The Growth Of The Economy?
- Which Character Traits Are Commonly Found In Successful Entrepreneurs?
- The Pros And Cons Of Having A Traditional Job And Being An Entrepreneur
- Discuss Entrepreneurship As One Of The Solutions To Unemployment
- What Is Crowdfunding, And How It’s Related To Entrepreneurship
- The Most Common Challenges Entrepreneurs Face
- How Social Media Made A Lot Of Successful Entrepreneurs
Hopefully, you’ll find these high school research paper topics inspirational. The categories are there to help you choose easily. Here at StudyClerk, we know how hard it is to complete all assignments in time and ace all your grades. If you are struggling with writing, feel free to contact us about our writing services , and we’ll help you come on top of your research paper assignment no matter how complex it is.
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
200 Best Ideas for Research Paper Topics in 2023
The discussion you have started should be provoking and intriguing. If your statement is unique and interesting, you will definitely get a high grade and respect from your professors.
Writing a research paper may seem challenging, even though it is a substantial part of everyday student life. You are required to write at least one research paper in a semester for the majority of your subjects.
Do not underestimate research projects. They will demand a lot of time and effort from you. At the same time, do not let your research paper give you anxiety or hurt your overall studies.
To minimize worries and stress while working on the research paper, you must be confident in your topic. There are times when you are assigned the topic, but more frequently, you will have to create one yourself.
The discussion you start should be thought-provoking and intriguing. If your content is unique and interesting, you will definitely get a high grade and respect from your professors.
How to Select the Best Research Paper Topic?
When choosing your research paper topic, you need to make sure it is neither boring nor overdone. An interesting and innovative topic will intrigue your readers and motivate them to read the entire piece. But if you don’t know how to create a topic on your own, use the help of our editors.
Here are some things to consider when selecting an appropriate topic:
The Field Of Your Interest
It’s no secret that you will not be able to write a good insightful research paper if you are not interested in the subject overall, or in the topic in general. On the other hand, if the topic is linked to the field of your interest, you can consider yourself lucky.
Passion and interest in a topic will make it easier to explore the theme and write about it. If you enjoy science, you should be able to talk non-stop about it. The same goes for writing about it.
A Topic Should Be Clear
You need to be sure to understand everything clearly when you choose an essay topic . Do not hesitate to ask questions if there are some unclear points. The more you understand, the simpler it is for you to write a successful research paper. You need to show the readers that you’re a master of the topic and not a confused newbie who does not know what you’re talking about.
Be Precise And Specific
You need to completely understand that you are not writing a descriptive essay. A research paper is an accurate and thorough work, which is based on facts. You cannot waterdown your text. Your statement should be supported with examples or references to other reputable research and academic work.
How innovative can you be when discussing The French Revolution or Pearl Harbor? However, an innovative approach can give you the edge among other students. A topic should address the matter from a different and surprising perspective. With a deep investigation, you may even find the little known facts that can blow your readers’ minds. This approach will intrigue your readers and will make you research paper stand out..
Visit Edusson Samples to brainstorm possible research paper topics and find relevant paper examples. It is 1000+ papers database. Besides samples, you can find excellent writing tools such as Plagiarism Checker, Title Page Maker and many more.
Ideas for Research Paper Topics
Without a good topic, writing a research paper can be a student’s worst nightmare. So, how do you come up with one? There are dozens of ways to brainstorm, such as discussing with classmates, reading topic prompts, sample papers, magazines, journals, blogs, or books.
Research Paper Topic by Category
Here are some examples of topics you may choose:
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
You have to present facts to demonstrate a clear understanding of the topic. Your introduction and concluding paragraph must be equally strong. Take a look at the following argumentative research topics examples:
- Are athletes good role models?
- Is the minimum wage too high?
- Homelessness: Who is to blame?
- Do we need shorter working weeks?
- What is the ideal age of consuming alcohol?
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
As a speaker or writer, it is your responsibility to persuade the reader about an issue. Persuasive writing, therefore, should move people and shake their emotions. If, for example, you want to convince people coffee is good for their bodies, then you must do it artistically, and convincingly.
Take a look at these examples of persuasive research topics:
- Using animals to conduct research experiments is wrong.
- Parents should monitor the websites their children visit.
- Domestic gender violence is on the rise.
- Children’s exposure to media: Do parental controls work?
- There are many cybercrimes today, and they are going to increase.
- America should adopt a policy of non-involvement in global conflicts.
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
There are people who like to court controversy whenever they say or do something, more so in public. A good example here is an activist. Whether it is advocacy for gay rights or same-sex marriage, writing on issues like these can be painstakingly difficult. So, you need a strong topic right from the beginning. Controversial topics for a research paper like the following will most certainly get you moving in the right direction:
- Gay partners and child adoption.
- Surrogate mothers and societal worldview.
- Violence in media content.
- STEM subjects should be mandatory.
- Sex education in middle school.
- Should homework be abolished?
Are you having a hard time looking for a comprehensive research paper topic? Try to find the best one by using our topic generation tool.
Best Research Paper Topics 2023
Maybe you have picked a research topic from the above categories for your paper. However, a good college student knows you need a plan B. So here are some other great topics.
- Is college education in line with the job market?
- Should colleges be faith-based institutions?
- Should universities have special accommodation facilities for the disabled?
- How has the institution of marriage changed in the postmodern world?
- Is there a difference between a man’s and a woman’s heart?
- What are the possible health benefits of childbearing and parenting?
- Exploring unfair child labor in the workplace.
- The significance of ethics to business and how to control bad behavior.
- How is cross-border BPO affecting the gross domestic product in your country?
- Which companies will make it to the top 5 best in the next decade?
- Terrorism and how it affects businesses.
- Are universities becoming business-driven?
- Causes of data rape and how to prevent it.
- Should licensed gun holders be allowed to carry their weapons to school?
- Ex-convicts and job searching. Is it difficult finding employment?
- Should colleges pay student-athletes and how should they do it?
- What should be the basis of workplace promotion: seniority, degree, or performance evaluation?
- The significance of search engine optimization on businesses today.
- Should women be allowed into extreme sports?
- Is feminism changing American society?
Research Paper Topics By Level of Education
Notably, topic difficulty or complexity varies with the level of education. A graduate student will write a high school essay with great ease, while the reverse will result in a lot of difficulties on the part of the student.
In this post, we also help you choose topics based on your academic level while keeping in mind that research paper writing lends credence to student performance.
The research paper topics can often be overwhelming, and to make the process easier and more reliable, many students look for APA format paper writing services . The services are beneficial and provide access to professional knowledge in writing a research paper and ensure that all guidelines are followed.
High School Research Paper Topics
If you are a student in high school, here is a list of topics that you may consider:
- Should the government legalize the use of smartphones in high school classrooms?
- Leadership training in high school.
- Are secondary schools doing enough in harnessing the debating skills of students?
- Explore Plato’s philosophy of mathematics.
College Research Paper Topics
Next, here are some college research paper topics to choose from. They include the following:
- Explore the design and construction of thermal plants around the globe.
- Analyze how the free software movement is positively transforming the world.
- Analyze cognitive development in children.
- How does the government assess the health care needs of communities?
- Pre-election and the effects on voter conduct.
- Discuss how to plan for college tuition.
- How does menstruation affect young girls?
- Substance abuse among college students and its effects on their performance and behavior.
- What brings about societal stereotypes?
- Factual evidence that AIDS originated from monkeys.
Research Paper Topics By Subject
Another way of choosing the best research paper topic is based on the subject, whether you are a college or high school student. Whether it is in biology, physics, science, literature, history, or psychology, this approach works at all levels of education. Research papers are quite challenging for the average student to write, so it’s no wonder why many students may want to look into options for high school essays for money . A great topic for your research paper should be something engaging that captures the reader’s attention and encourages them to continue reading.
Research Paper Topics on Technology
- Cybersecurity: Can we really be safe?
- How can technology help in preventing terrorist attacks?
- How close did we get to Artificial Intelligence?
- What technological innovations promise to change the third decade of the 21st century?
- How do regular people influence technological progress?
- What technologies does NASA use to explore Mars?
- How did Bill Gates and Steve Jobs change the world?
- How did cloud technologies change data storing?
- Can virtual reality substitute for an actual reality?
- What is the future of the internet?
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- How did climate change in the last 30 years?
- Why some believe that global warming is a hoax?
- What are the best ways to reduce global warming?
- How does global warming alter wildlife?
- Ocean pollution: Unseen tragedies.
- Effective ways of reducing air pollution.
- How can alternative types of energy help to preserve the Earth’s natural resources?
- Endangered species – How can we preserve them?
- Recycling. What did you do to make the world a better place?
- Drinking water for all – How can we achieve it?
Research Paper Topics on Legal Issues
- How do torrenting sites influence creativity and copyright?
- Should marijuana be legalized at the national level?
- How did the legalization of same-sex marriage influence the USA?
- Are punishments for sex crimes fair?
- Should there be a law preventing cyber-bullying?
- Where is the line between artistic photos and pornography?
- How does a new adoption law in Russia refuse orphans their chance for happiness?
- Various laws on abortion around the world.
- How do prostitution laws differ around the world?
Topics on Business
- How can one turn a business idea into a successful startup?
- How can creative marketing increase your sales?
- Does taxation aim to kill small businesses?
- Effective time-management for big and small teams.
- Is multitasking a productive method of work?
- Sexual harassment in the working environment.
- How benefits can make your employees happy.
- How do big corporations regularly break the law and get away with it?
- What are the various minimum wages around the world? Should The Universal Declaration of Human Rights control them?
- What were the most successful businesses in the first two decades of the 21st century?
Topics on World Politics
- How did Angela Merkel change Europe?
- Impeachment against Donald Trump: Will it happen?
- The consequences of Brexit for European values.
- Is Vladimir Putin sponsoring global terrorism?
- How can world politicians unite against the threat that Russia poses?
- Can North and South Korea unite again?
- How can we eliminate dictatorial regimes in the 21st century?
- Conflicts in Africa.
- Do refugees pose any threat to the hosting country?
- How can the world unite to fight racism?
Topics on Religion
- Is Christianity at its dusk?
- Can any religion justify crimes against humanity?
- The most popular new age religions.
- Sexual abuse in the church.
- Should religious beliefs influence health matters?
- How do various religions oppress women?
- The political context of the global religions throughout time.
- How does agnosticism balance between atheism and various religions?
- Are we witnessing a new religion forming?
- Myths of creation through global religions.
Topics on Health
- The effects of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana on a human body.
- Vaccination in the 21st century.
- The most controversial issues of birth control.
- Alzheimer’s: ways of prevention.
- Euthanasia – An assisted suicide?
- How can research help cure AIDS?
- Are there effective ways to prevent cancer?
- How do fats positively affect the human body and the mind?
- Anorexia and obesity – Two sides to one story.
- The importance of mental health.
Topics on Social Issues
- How does social media influence interpersonal communication?
- How can team sports affect social abilities?
- LGBT tolerance around the world.
- Global citizenship: Pros and cons.
- How to deal with social anxiety.
- How can one defend privacy issues on Facebook and other social media?
- How to stop bullying in schools.
- Discrimination of black women in modern-day America.
- Ethnicities that created the USA.
- Gender stereotypes in the workplace.
Topics on Education
- How to achieve literacy for all.
- Is it worth accumulating a huge debt to achieve higher education in the USA?
- How can the government make a teacher’s profession become more appealing?
- How can we modernize education to make it more appealing?
- How do dress codes in schools discriminate against women?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling?
- Is the present educational system capable of creating geniuses?
- The importance of multilingual education.
- Guns in school. How to achieve a safe environment.
- Do grades do justice to students’ knowledge?
Topics on Popular Culture
- The best music projects of 2020.
- How do reality shows influence teenagers?
- Do celebrities form a specific cast in today’s world?
- How much do people depend on heroes? Marvel and DC Cinematic Universes.
- How do American and Japanese popular cultures intertwine with each other?
- Sexism and ageism in modern Hollywood.
- Do shows like American Idol, the Voice, and X-factor really aim to find and develop talents?
- The female role in the world according to Beyonce’s Lemonade.
- How did YouTube change popular culture?
- The meaning of the Harry Potter Book Series in promoting reading.
Still lost? Download a Comprehensive Research Paper Guide completely FREE. It consists of 7 simple steps that can lead you to a perfect paper. We based it on analysis of 1000+ student’s papers, ordered by Edusson customers Get it now
Easy Research Paper Topics
- Are birth control pills good or bad?
- Are married women with children happier than single women who did not give birth to a child?
- Are there health benefits to having children?
- Breast cancer rates are increasing among women in the US. What factors contribute to these rates?
- Do women with higher testosterone levels have an athletic advantage compared to women whose testosterone levels are not high?
- Has the feminist movement been a help to women or not?
- Has the modern-day feminist movement lost its track?
- How are cultural expectations of women different in Muslim vs. Western nations?
- How common is domestic abuse, or child abuse?
- How do the female hormones protect women from heart disease?
- How does the education of women change society?
- How has feminism changed America? The world?
- How has marriage changed?
- How is heart health different for men and women?
- How has society’s expectations for women to get married and have kids haven’t changed for centuries, even today?
- How to help girls from unprivileged towns and neighborhoods get educated?
- Should women participate in extreme sports?
- What are the most important health risks for women to be aware of?
- What is a maid? Is there an acceptable or unacceptable definition for this job?
- What is female genital mutilation and how is it connected with AIDS in Africa?
- What is the effect of birth control and pregnancy on the mental health of a woman?
- What is the history of marriage?
- Why do a vast majority of women refuse to report their husbands for domestic abuse? What can be done to help them?
- Why do people marry?
- Women in politics: why do a small percentage of them succeed?
- Are athletes overpaid? Do footballers deserve multi-million contracts? How their salaries influence their performance?
- Can anyone compete in a marathon? Should everyone try it at least once? Necessary measures to take in order to compete in this kind of race
- Choose a sport and the best athlete that has ever played it. Justify why is that person the greatest of all times
- Has Title 9 hurt men’s athletics? Should there be changes?
- Have Olympic Games improved or worsened through history?
- How money influences the football world today
- How much does the crowd at sports events influence the game? Does the roar of the fans or their chants really cause the team to win or lose?
- How successful has Title 9 been in changing access to sports for women?
- Is there a sport that should be added to the Olympic Games?
- Research the history of a sport of your choice. How has the game changed throughout history?
- Should college athletes get paid? If so, how should that be done?
- Should male and female athletes be paid equally?
- Should players form unions to protect their rights?
- The impact of the Olympic Games on the economy of the hosting nation?
- What do people learn from playing competitive sports?
- What does the public think about female athletes?
- Why do all children need to play competitive sports in school? How would regular sports activity benefit their health and school performance?
- Why do so many young people get injured while playing sports? Is it accidental and unavoidable or is there a way to prevent injuries? Choose between talking about sports in general or discussing some specific sport of your choice.
- African-American men are more likely to spend time in prison in the United States than any other group. What is the underlying cause of this negative trend? What can be done to stop it?
- After every terrorist attack, it turns out police received reports about the potential danger. Why do they always ignore these calls?
- Are prison sentences for rapes effective? Do convicted rapists recommit their crimes later?
- Criminal activities are widely prevalent in news shows, reality TV, television shows, and movies. Does the constant exposure to crime on TV promote these activities and give people ideas?
- The death sentence has a long history, but did it help decrease crime rates across the US?
- Do convicted criminals abandon their ways and turn into law-abiding citizens?
- Do organizations like Prison Fellowship, which attempt to reform prisoners through faith, produce long-term results in changed lives?
- Do some people have a genetic predisposition to commit a crime? If so, should government approve genetic testing on criminals?
- Does non-dangerous “hazing” add to the rituals and community of an organization? Describe pros and cons of having new members participate in initiation traditions.
- How can prisoners help rehabilitate prisoners?
- How difficult is it to ex-convicts to find a job?
- How does Trump’s victory at the presidential election affect the judicial system in the United States today?
- How should the background of the criminal (psychosis, intelligence, family environment, genetic predispositions) affect the decision in a criminal case?
- Is Mandatory Minimum sentencing a good idea? Does it aid crime prevention?
- Many prisoners re-commit crimes because they find it difficult to cope with “real world” after spending years in prison. What can be done to help them adapt to the new reality after leaving prison?
- The number of DUI arrests increases constantly. What can be done about this problem?
- On-campus violence: causes and solutions
- Online bullying is a common occurrence nowadays. Should cyber-bullies face criminal prosecution?
- Out of fear of potential mistake, prisoners on a death row in many states are still waiting for their executions. Does the possibility of wrong death outweigh the need for justice? Is there justice for family members of victims?
- Police brutality: causes and potential solutions
- Rates of teens engaging in criminal activities keep increasing. How did media contribute to this negative trend?
- Should all states have equal laws? Would it prevent some criminals from committing their unlawful deeds?
- Should DUI laws be the same across all states?
- Should girls and women who falsely accuse someone of raping them face criminal prosecution?
- Should people convicted of a DUI be able to attend classes to prevent having their driver’s license revoked?
- Should schools allow people with licenses to carry concealed weapons?
- Should some crimes require a mandatory death sentence?
- Should terrorist suspects be tried in American courts?
- Some states have already legalized marijuana. How did cannabis use affect crime rates in these states? Did they go up or down?
- Teen gangs and socioeconomic status of households: are they related?
- The Innocence Project has released more than 300 convicted criminals based primarily on DNA evidence. Many states give no compensation to those released. Should the compensation be mandatory?
- The use of art, music, or theater therapy is a common method of rehabilitating prisoners. How effective are these approaches?
- What are the causes of acquaintance rape? How can it be prevented?
- What does the general public think about death penalty?
- What is the underlying cause (or more of them) behind re-committing crimes?
- Why do some people become serial killers? Are there any signs in their behavior to look for?
- Why is police brutal when arresting black suspects?
- Are older children more successful?
- Child labor is a sad reality in third-world countries. Do we contribute to child labor by purchasing products from companies who employ children in their factories?
- Do small businesses have a chance to succeed in the competitive market today?
- How do blogs help revolutionize businesses?
- How did the NAFTA agreement affect business in the United States?
- How does birth order affect people in a work environment?
- How has terrorism affected businesses?
- How important is branding for a business?
- Importance of ethics in business: what are the consequences of unethical behavior?
- Past, present, and future of search engine optimization (SEO)?
- Should companies promote employees based on seniority, college degrees or evaluations of performance?
- Should employees be allowed more flexible leave time for caring for children and elderly parents?
- What is the best way to grow jobs and reduce the unemployment rate?
Psst. There’s also a more relaxed way ?
- Poetry Analysis: Unboxing Topics and Outlines in a breeze
- Extensive List of 200+ Dissertation Topics for Strong Research
- Pop Culture Essay Topics: Find Out the Pulse of Modern Society
- Business Research Paper Topics: Management, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, etc
Improve your writing with our guides
Psychology Essay Topic: Theories Explaining Human growth and Development
Reflection Paper Topics: Art
Reaction Paper Writing: Travel Essay Topics
Get 15% off your first order with edusson.
Connect with a professional writer within minutes by placing your first order. No matter the subject, difficulty, academic level or document type, our writers have the skills to complete it.
100% privacy. No spam ever.
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
60 Best Senior Thesis Topics To Write On
After completing your high school or college, you finally sense a sight of victory at the end. However, one more hurdle remains for you to conquer – a senior thesis paper. It will determine whether you graduate or not.
Many students struggle when it comes to selecting proper senior thesis topics. You receive pressure from your professors and supervisor to present a professional topic.
If you still feel unsure about what topic to use for your senior thesis, our expert writers have you in mind. You will find the right idea and motivation to get you started with your thesis from the list below.
Are you ready to finish your course in style? Then scroll down for professionally handpicked senior thesis topics.
High School Senior Thesis Topics
- The role of the school administration in curbing bullying
- Pros and cons of giving students homework in high school
- What is the effectiveness of online learning for students in high school?
- The impact of policing in schools and the role of student participation
- How effective are group work assignments essential for students in high school?
- Does the teacher’s competency relate to his/her academic qualifications?
Political Science Senior Thesis Topics
- How third world countries are adapting to the emerging issues in political democracy
- The impact of the 2020 US presidential elections on world peace
- How do political ideologies affect freedom of speech in dictatorial countries?
- Using social media to advance political manifestos and campaign
- The role of political analysts in shaping public opinion
- How did Cambridge Analytica play a role in the US elections
History Senior Thesis Topics
- How peaceful protests have advanced over the years in championing civil rights
- The history of the immigration patterns on the US-Mexico border
- The rise of the birth of gay rights movements in the United States
- Sexual orientation in the US during the slavery period
- The history of the national flag and anthem
- The impact of the first and second World Wars affected the perspective of the world on unity
Graphic Design Senior Thesis Topics
- An investigation of how graphic design functions in marketing communications
- Similarities and differences between contemporary and conventional graphic design tools
- The evolution of graphic design in the technological era
- The role of graphic design in corporate branding and marketing
- An analysis of the use of colours in designing promotional materials
- The approach of women in design in comparison to men
Senior Thesis Topics Psychology
- How to moderate psychological and physiological responses to stress
- Evaluating the vulnerability to acute stress-induced anxiety and depression
- Examine the correlation between depression, sleep, and cardiovascular dysfunction
- How does the quality of sleep vary with executive functioning in adults
- How different sexes react to fear-conditioned behaviours
- The role of motivational speeches in enhancing self-esteem
Good Senior Thesis Topics
- How gender roles have continued to evolve in the 21st century
- Investigating the relationship between hangovers and work productivity
- Mapping the roles of supervisors in research projects and presentation
- How does loneliness lead to depression and anxiety among teens?
- How culture and traditions shape the moral aspects of a community
- The place of technology in preserving valuable cultural artifacts
Sociology Senior Thesis Topics
- How alcohol abuse among teenagers is affecting their performance in class
- What is the impact of life-time jail sentences on the victim
- How has female empowerment led to neglecting of the male gender
- Pains and struggles of a single mother
- The relationship between population pressure and increased crime rates
- Challenges facing women in a male-dominated workspace
English Literature Senior Thesis Topics
- Discuss the origins of Shakespeare’s novels
- The relationship between literature and the renaissance era
- How are fairy tales important in creating a narrative perspective in literature?
- The differences between criticism and symbolism in oral literature
- Evaluate the Gothic representations of gender
- How has technology shaped oral and written literature?
College Psychology Senior Thesis Topics
- Adjusting to physical illness through psychological therapy
- The relationship between self-esteem and egocentrism
- How to build your identity in modern society
- How interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships shape behaviours.
- The adaptability of the human mind to changing geographical locations.
- How eating disorders affect society’s productivity.
Criminal Justice Senior Thesis Topics
- Is capital punishment helping to reduce crime in society?
- The role of community corrections towards a moral society
- Are criminal courts serving their purpose to maintain justice?
- Criminal justice ethics in modern society
- The impact of technology in spreading war crimes and civil crimes
- Effective ways of preventing crime in schools and colleges
Can Someone Write My Thesis?
If you have picked a topic of your choice and thinking about what to do with it next, we offer professional thesis writing help to college students. Place your order now and get a cheap, quality paper delivered to your inbox within no time.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
11 Easy High School Research Paper Topics
It does not matter what stage of academic training you are in right now. Surely you will have to make one or several research papers . It may well be an oral presentation, or a written statement , through essays or through the writing of monographs .
In any case, everything begins by choosing a topic of interest.
Because sometimes it does not matter how interesting your story is or how well your research is. If the topic is not correct, you will not be able to generate a connection with the evaluating public.
To make this easier for you we have taken the task of making this post. In it, you will know some of the most relevant social interest issues when preparing content for academic presentation. Regardless of whether the evaluation is oral or written.
All the subjects have been chosen without a real distinction between the degree of formation in which you find yourself; so it is suitable for boys of primary, secondary, or university degree training.
At the moment if you have no idea what is the best and easy topic for your research , this post will surely serve as guidance and help.
11 Most Easy & Interesting Research Paper Topics For High School Students:
We have chosen the following topics so that you can develop your research easily; Drug addiction, the technological age, young entrepreneurs, smoking , sexually transmitted diseases, eating disorders, the environment, pregnancy in adolescence, causes of death in young people, bullying and finally the methods of promotion for young people to read.
You will find each of these topics explained below. Why have we chosen these? Because most of the society is already aware of these current issues and it will not be difficult to connect with them during your presentation. Besides finding information about these topic is easy , because at least once a week the media makes reference to it.
1. Drug Addiction
Trite or not, the issue of drug addiction is one of the most common when we look for one of the most interesting to prepare research material. Something that becomes much more important when it comes to adolescents and young people. The fundamental reason is that it is in this age where the origin of the drug and its habit are found in relation to drugs. It is estimated that more than 50% of new consumers are minors , which already leads us to assume the relevance of the exposure and research of this topic at an early age.
Even people responsible for academic assignments should use drug addiction research as a method of self-evaluation in the speakers .
And while it is about that half of new consumers are under 18 years of age ; the important thing of the case is to know the origins and then take care of mitigating the consequences. In the case of origins, we have to see how the social relationship of these individuals influences their environment: family, friends and acquaintances.
If we look closely at the cases, we will note that experimentation is the main reason behind the beginning of adolescent drinking habit. However, there are other origins such as stress , the pressure of other colleagues and friends; curiosity and even the rebelliousness of this time of life.
But, the part of the origins is only one of the essentials to make research. It can also be done on the consequences, which not only have to do with health, but with academic performance and even with the relationship with your closest friends and family. It is one of the most relevant issues in modern society.
But it is only the first of our list of 11 Topics.
2.Communication in the era of technology
Some call it Communication 2.0 and even Communication 3.0 . The sense is exactly the same: the way we communicate has changed tremendously since the arrival of technology; especially from internet networks. And although the subject seems already known by all, what few we have with certainty is a clear knowledge of its effects. Its true and real effects, which for many of us are still not palpable.
According to surveys, which can be a general average in the countries of the Western Hemisphere, we spend more than 20 hours a week only on social networks ( Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, …), in an hourly amount that will continue to grow with each passing year. On average, we also have a direct link with more than 300 people through social channels. This without taking into account the instant messaging networks of our smart phones ( Telegram, WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook Messenger ).
That is, we are connected in a constant and irreversible way with technology. What has definitely marked the way we communicate with others. But, the problem is that of all the people we have added as friends, we only see physically less than 12%, and in a short time.
We see some of them because we coincide coincidentally, or because work or study obliges us to do so. But it is not a planned or consensual fact, which is a factor to be taken into account about how we have changed the way we communicate.
We must bear in mind that the human being is, above all, a being that needs to maintain contact. And to think that only 11% of that contact is being physical, and the rest of the time is being devoted to a digital contact – at a distance – is already a phenomenon that requires evaluation.
In addition, it is a subject extensive enough to pose in research or monograph.
The best thing of all is that it can be distinguished for any stage of the formation, and even for any career of formation of degree, since it is a phenomenon that attacks us by all possible ways; technology is already in all the important areas of our life.
3.Entrepreneurship and Young Entrepreneurs
We are not taught entrepreneurship in school and universities and it is a task that requires a lot of intrinsic motivation, and above all, many pushes .
However, if we look around, especially in the high corporate spheres, we will notice that most of the world leaders and owners – founders of companies started as entrepreneurs from very early ages.
Richard Branson , Steve Jobs or Bill Gates would be some of the most notorious cases.
Therefore, any issue of entrepreneurship related to the generation of productive ideas from the earliest ages is a topic that must be emphasized more and more every day. The importance of this not only has to do with the way in which working life is changing, with less and less demand for workers and greater demand for capable leaders; but also in a behavior of favoritism of the social entrepreneur before the preference of the punctual worker.
Entrepreneurship, therefore, has become one of the most demanded tasks by the current work ecosystem. However, it is a work that is not yet taught and about which we do not all have a theoretical foundation.
The exposition of this topic could be distinguished by the biographical review of a character who has stood out exactly for entrepreneurship since young.
4.Smoking and alcoholism
The data in this respect is not encouraging: more than half of the world population habitually consumes one of both -or alcohol, or tobacco-. In addition, it is statistically presumed that the majority of tobacco and alcohol addicts begin before reaching adulthood, so the topic is ideal for an oral or written presentation in educational areas of young people and adolescents in general.
We highlight here the social event, because in addition to the risks inherent in the health of both addictions (lung cancer, trachea or anxiety in the case of smoking; and liver cancer or cirrhosis in the case of alcoholism), many are the social risks of Both addictions, such as the risk of road accidents, change of behavior or problems with the family in the case of alcohol addiction; and the risk of disorders, phobias and even the jump to dangerous drugs in the case of tobacco.
We are, therefore, in the face of two issues that are not only important because of the age when their first causes begin to manifest themselves, but because of how difficult they have been-and are-to cope and mitigate in terms of what they are intended to do.
5.Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Needless to say, it is one of the inevitable topics on the list of interesting topics to expose. Especially when the public is between 13 and 25 years old. Young people are, by far, the population nucleus with the highest risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, also called venereal diseases .
This has many explanations, but some of those that have greater incidence are: promiscuity, since the majority of young people experience having more than one sexual partner; the experimentation and even the concealment of their sexual life facing parents and doctors. Finally, there is a biological foundation, since young people -especially women- have an index of 50% more risk of contracting diseases of this type.
In North America alone there are more than 20 million new cases of STDs each year. A figure that increases when we consider the entire Western Hemisphere.
The topics of research related to sexually transmitted diseases can be discussed with the causes, with the consequences, with the prevention, and also with the life with venereal diseases, because there is possibly not a definitive cure.
Disorders in eating habits have been treated in a wrong way for a long time. In the worst case, they have not even been taken into account.
However, today one in three teenagers has a disorder associated with eating. Commonly we associate these disorders with two well-known ones: anorexia and bulimia.
Both are not strictly food problems , but have to do directly with psychological problems, self-assessment, self-esteem and depression; and it is precisely this behavioral mixture that affects teenage girls to become obsessed with food.
In the case of bulimia, people who suffer from it tend to eat compulsively and in exaggerated quantities; but a few hours later they become obsessed with the idea that they have eaten too much, and they are busily seeking to eliminate food through vomiting-which can be induced-and the use of powerful laxatives.
In the case of anorexia, it is a condition of self-perception where adolescents believe they are overweight. Anorexia, from the clinical point of view, is summarized as a pathology in which patients have a weight 15% less than ideal weight, at least.
Some people with anorexia may have a skeletal body , because they are afraid of gaining weight .
The treatment of eating disorders is not simple, but it exists and can have a high effectiveness. And although it is not a disease destined exclusively for females, they are the most disadvantaged by such bad habits.
The treatment, properly speaking, has to do with clinical monitoring, apart from the acquisition of new eating habits that are supported – or shared – by all their relatives and close friends. Finally, it is a job in which you have to rely on the help of psychology professionals, since the mind is the root of the whole problem.
7.Environmental and ecology theme
Previously we mentioned the topic of ecology from the point of view of entrepreneurship. However, it is an extensive and systematically important issue to be addressed on its own. And that is exactly what we propose .
The environmental issue is usually linked to that of political management, but it does not have to be exclusively like that. To carry out an oral or written presentation, the subject can be carried around an informative, journalistic, scientific concept; focusing in addition on the prevention from the citizen culture, totally removed from the controversial language and of confrontation to which the same subject would invite you. The environmental and ecology issue has a lot to talk about, beyond the known global warming , its reasons, causes and the things that can be done to prevent its effects in the short and medium term.
Although, if you like, you can talk about the technological and governmental advances in this regard, and how these could be enhanced according to the adoption of simple changes in habits. Issues such as deforestation of forests, overpopulation, fishing and excessive or illegal hunting ; Endangered species and poor water management can be some of the most interesting topics.
8.Pregnancy in adolescent age
Another issue that has an important social impact. As the relevant data from the case show, more than 75% of adolescent pregnancies have not been intentional. That is, it has not been sought to become pregnant as the ultimate goal. It was, lets say, accidental.
Early pregnancy is a social problem that today involves many young people, but also directly involves family members, religious and recreational associations, as well as providers of specialized medical services.
The issues surrounding teen pregnancy should go, first of all, on the proportion of information to this sector of the population. In the vast majority of cases, adolescents who have become pregnant have done so because they do not have clear information, or because they have been victims of other problems we have already mentioned, such as drugs or alcohol.
In addition to the above, the theme also serves to address proposals of a social or medical nature that can work to prevent and eradicate the phenomenon, which in turn can lead to a more serious and ethically more delicate, such as abortion.
9.Deaths in adolescents, and their causes
We have left it for the last places, but it is not less important than the previous ones. However, we could say that it is one of the most controversial and spicy in the list. Hence your position in this post. Deaths in adolescents should be an exception to the rule, since life is biologically and socially beginning to be forged. But, reality is far from this previous statement.
The most common causes are suicide, homicide, traffic accidents, cancer and heart-related diseases.
Among all these most common causes, the fact that car accidents occupy more than one third of all causes – common or not – of deaths in adolescents stands out. Something that already makes us see the relationship of this fatal consequence with some of the problems that affect this part of society. In addition to this, another cause that surprises is that of suicide, which has increased over the past 20 years to skip creeping encrypt . And is that according to the CDC, suicide is the third most common cause of death in people under 24 years, only behind accidents (of any kind) and homicides.
Interestingly, suicide occurs 61% with firearms, so the possession of weapons at home could be a major constraint for young people to commit these unfortunate acts. After all, a family that owns many weapons in its home is, precisely, a family that has chosen not to take the negotiation and the dialogue like a valid method to solve the problems.
Because of the complexity of the topic, it is a topic suitable for young people who are in the university. Not so much for those who are in cycles of secondary education.
10.The bullying or the school harassment
Although it is a silent problem, since victims almost never declare it, bullying is one of the scourges that most affects young people. This phenomenon of aggression can be physical or emotional, based on beatings, shouting, breaking the belongings of the person being harassed, as well as mocking or denigrating the victim.
Bullying has been accepted as a matter of supremacy within a core of young people, predominating the school environment.
However, we must be clear-and adolescents alike-that this bullying behavior cannot, in any way, be accepted. In fact, legally and morally, no one has the right to be abused; And no person has the right to abuse others, regardless of any social variable.
11.Promotion of reading in adolescents
The importance of reading is unquestionable. However, acquiring this habit is a process that requires many sacrifices. It is scientifically proven that adolescents who begin to read will manage to maintain this habit throughout their lives.
Therefore, an exhibition that has the central concept of encouraging the habit of reading in the youngest is not only a good topic, but a long-term investment. There are many books that are suitable for young people, since not only do they allow them to acquire the habit, but they find in literature a healthy and enriching distraction.
Some of these books are among the recommended ones:
Trilogy of The Hunger Games , by Suzanne Collins. Complete saga of Harry Potter , by JK Rowling. Under the same star , by John Green.
Although these books may be appropriate, it is possible that a common teenager is interested in other types of books, preferring to acquire the habit by reading manuals, practical guides, biographies of famous characters, history books, among other topics.
The point of the matter is to encourage reading as planting a tree. From there, each tree will throw the branches according to what its heart dictates.
And what topic did you like the most? Do you already have a clear idea of how you want to develop your research?
If you want to find more research topics, we recommend that you enter our category of Research Paper Topics .
Share this Post to Help Fellow Students
Useful Posts For Students
20 Best Laptops For Students
How I Won Eiffel Scholarship to Study For Free
16 Online Degree Programs From Top Universities
Should I Consolidate My Federal Student Loan?
8 Best Tablets For Students
No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- A Research Guide
- Research Paper Topics
120 Research Paper Topics for High School
How to choose a topic for high school research paper:, high school psychology research paper topics:.
- The impact of social media on adolescent mental health
- The effects of bullying on the psychological well-being of high school students
- The relationship between academic stress and anxiety in high school students
- The influence of parental involvement on the academic achievement of high school students
- The role of self-esteem in teenage substance abuse
- The effects of sleep deprivation on cognitive performance in adolescents
- The impact of peer pressure on decision-making in high school students
- The relationship between body image dissatisfaction and eating disorders among teenagers
- The effects of video games on aggression levels in adolescents
- The role of mindfulness in reducing stress and improving mental health in high school students
- The influence of family dynamics on the development of personality traits in teenagers
- The effects of music on mood regulation in adolescents
- The relationship between teenage pregnancy and psychological outcomes
- The impact of gender stereotypes on academic and career choices in high school students
- The role of cultural factors in shaping adolescent identity formation
High School Sociology Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of social media on teenage self-esteem
- The role of gender stereotypes in high school sports
- The effects of bullying on academic performance among high school students
- The influence of family dynamics on teenage substance abuse
- The relationship between socioeconomic status and educational achievement
- The impact of peer pressure on teenage decision-making
- The role of cultural diversity in promoting tolerance and acceptance in high schools
- The effects of single-parent households on adolescent development
- The influence of school uniforms on student behavior and academic performance
- The relationship between parental involvement and student success in high school
- The impact of standardized testing on educational inequality
- The role of race and ethnicity in educational opportunities and outcomes
- The effects of social class on access to higher education
- The influence of media on body image and eating disorders among high school students
- The relationship between school climate and student mental health
High School Education Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of standardized testing on student performance
- The effectiveness of inclusive education for students with disabilities
- The role of technology in enhancing learning outcomes in high school classrooms
- The influence of parental involvement on academic achievement in high school
- The effects of school bullying on students’ mental health and academic performance
- The benefits and challenges of implementing project-based learning in high schools
- The impact of socioeconomic status on educational opportunities and outcomes in high school
- The role of school counselors in supporting students’ college and career readiness
- The effectiveness of different teaching methods in high school science education
- The relationship between physical activity and academic performance in high school students
- The impact of social media on students’ academic engagement and achievement
- The effectiveness of sex education programs in reducing teenage pregnancy rates in high schools
- The influence of teacher-student relationships on students’ motivation and academic success
- The role of arts education in fostering creativity and critical thinking skills in high school students
- The effects of early school start times on students’ sleep patterns and academic performance
High School History Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of the Industrial Revolution on society and the economy
- The causes and consequences of World War I
- The role of women in the American Civil Rights Movement
- The rise and fall of the Roman Empire
- The effects of the Great Depression on American society
- The origins and consequences of the Cold War
- The impact of the French Revolution on European politics and society
- The role of propaganda in shaping public opinion during World War II
- The causes and consequences of the American Revolution
- The influence of ancient Greek philosophy on modern Western thought
- The impact of the Civil Rights Movement on racial equality in the United States
- The causes and consequences of the Holocaust
- The role of religion in the colonization of the Americas
- The effects of the Vietnam War on American society and politics
- The rise and fall of apartheid in South Africa
High School Chemistry Research Paper Topics:
- The effects of different catalysts on the rate of a chemical reaction
- Investigating the properties and applications of graphene in nanotechnology
- Analyzing the impact of pH on enzyme activity
- Exploring the synthesis and characterization of biodegradable polymers
- Investigating the role of antioxidants in preventing oxidative stress
- Analyzing the effects of different concentrations of acids on metal corrosion
- Investigating the principles and applications of chromatography in chemical analysis
- Exploring the synthesis and properties of superconducting materials
- Analyzing the effects of different factors on the rate of photosynthesis
- Investigating the principles and applications of electrochemistry in energy storage
- Exploring the synthesis and properties of carbon nanotubes
- Analyzing the effects of different factors on the rate of a chemical equilibrium
- Investigating the principles and applications of spectroscopy in chemical analysis
- Exploring the synthesis and properties of biocompatible materials for medical applications
- Analyzing the effects of different factors on the rate of a redox reaction
High School Medical Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of social media on mental health among high school students
- The effectiveness of school-based interventions in preventing teenage pregnancy
- The relationship between sleep patterns and academic performance in high school students
- The prevalence and consequences of substance abuse among teenagers
- The role of physical activity in reducing stress and anxiety among high school students
- The impact of bullying on mental health and well-being in adolescents
- The effectiveness of mindfulness-based interventions in reducing symptoms of depression among high school students
- The relationship between nutrition and academic achievement in high school students
- The prevalence and consequences of eating disorders among teenagers
- The impact of technology use on sleep quality and quantity in high school students
- The effectiveness of school-based sexual education programs in preventing sexually transmitted infections
- The relationship between screen time and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms in adolescents
- The prevalence and consequences of self-harm behaviors among high school students
- The impact of peer pressure on substance abuse and risky behaviors in teenagers
- The effectiveness of school-based mental health programs in promoting emotional well-being among high school students
High School Environmental Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of plastic pollution on marine ecosystems
- The effectiveness of renewable energy sources in reducing carbon emissions
- The role of deforestation in climate change
- The effects of air pollution on human health
- The importance of biodiversity conservation in maintaining ecosystem stability
- The relationship between water scarcity and agricultural practices
- The impact of climate change on wildlife habitats
- The role of sustainable agriculture in food security
- The effects of urbanization on local ecosystems
- The significance of recycling and waste management in reducing environmental pollution
- The relationship between pesticide use and declining bee populations
- The impact of industrial pollution on freshwater ecosystems
- The effectiveness of environmental policies in reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- The role of environmental education in promoting sustainable practices
- The effects of ocean acidification on coral reefs and marine life
High School Economic Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of minimum wage on employment rates
- The relationship between economic growth and income inequality
- The effects of globalization on local economies
- The role of government intervention in market failures
- The economic consequences of climate change
- The influence of consumer behavior on market demand
- The economic implications of immigration policies
- The relationship between education and economic development
- The effects of automation on employment opportunities
- The role of entrepreneurship in economic growth
- The impact of trade policies on domestic industries
- The economic consequences of healthcare reform
- The relationship between inflation and unemployment
- The effects of fiscal and monetary policies on economic stability
- The role of technology in shaping future economic trends
- Writing a Research Paper
- Research Paper Title
- Research Paper Sources
- Research Paper Problem Statement
- Research Paper Thesis Statement
- Hypothesis for a Research Paper
- Research Question
- Research Paper Outline
- Research Paper Summary
- Research Paper Prospectus
- Research Paper Proposal
- Research Paper Format
- Research Paper Styles
- AMA Style Research Paper
- MLA Style Research Paper
- Chicago Style Research Paper
- APA Style Research Paper
- Research Paper Structure
- Research Paper Cover Page
- Research Paper Abstract
- Research Paper Introduction
- Research Paper Body Paragraph
- Research Paper Literature Review
- Research Paper Background
- Research Paper Methods Section
- Research Paper Results Section
- Research Paper Discussion Section
- Research Paper Conclusion
- Research Paper Appendix
- Research Paper Bibliography
- APA Reference Page
- Annotated Bibliography
- Bibliography vs Works Cited vs References Page
- Research Paper Types
- What is Qualitative Research
Receive paper in 3 Hours!
- Choose the number of pages.
- Select your deadline.
- Complete your order.
Number of Pages
550 words (double spaced)
Deadline: 10 days left
Sign Up for your FREE account
Research Paper Topics for High School Students
Now that it is research paper season, it is time to decide what topic to assign to your middle or high school students. I firmly believe in choosing a broad umbrella topic and allowing your students to each select their specific topic. Providing students with the opportunity to select what they research enhances student buy-in and interest. Here is a quick list of possible research paper topics for high school and middle school.
Social Problems Currently Affecting our Society
For this research topic, students are free to choose any social problem that our society is currently facing. A current issue, world issue, or social issue research paper can include almost anything from global warming to childhood hunger to antibiotic resistance.
This type of research project one of my favorites because it is a high-interest paper for high school students. Since students get to select their topic to research, they get to read about and investigate an issue that is interesting to them. My controversial issues research paper assignment is ideal for this topic.
As educators, we prepare students for college and career readiness. Why not combine your academic lesson with something students can directly apply to their lives? Have students select a possible career path that interests them and research it. The research assignment can ask students to examine anything from how to get hired, to the salary, to the qualifications.
One way to make this research paper more applicable to students, especially high school students, is to also include a college and education component to the paper. As a requirement, have students research potential colleges, majors, and training facilities that offer the type of education required for their chosen careers.
My Future Career Research Paper includes visually-appealing organizers and research writing support for students.
Select any time period of your choice and have students select one influential person from that time. Students will have to research a bit more if you select an earlier time period. This project also works excellently as a cross-curricular assignment with fellow social science teachers. You can work with the social science teachers in your grade level to determine what period the students are currently learning about in their social science class. Connect that period to your research project, and your students will get to see the value of learning across multiple courses.
Technologies of the Future
With such an emphasis placed on STEM subjects, this is a great way to tie in the English language arts with the sciences. Encourage your students to research about up and coming technologies that will forever change the way we live, do business and conduct health care in our country.
Our world is continually changing, and it is always fun to research and see the history behind some of the devices we take for granted. I included this research topic in my Research Paper Writing Unit . For this paper, I asked students to research and select one invention that has dramatically impacted our lives today. Students can choose any invention of their choice, as long as it was invented before 1950. This assignment is a fun research topic because it forces students to think outside of smartphones, smart-watches, and smart TVs.
This unit includes an editable PowerPoint presentation and all of the resources you will need to take your students step-by-step through the writing process.
If you are interested in how I introduce research paper writing to my students, check out the first blog post in this series: Part 1: Introducing Research Writing and the Assignment.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.