University of Guelph Ridgetown Campus
If you require any information or document on this website in an alternative format, please contact Student Housing at [email protected]
Generally speaking room assignments are based on a randomized lottery system that takes into consideration your room type preferences. However, we recognize that some students have unique circumstances that require special consideration. If this describes you, here’s what you need to know: * We can’t guarantee that all requests will be accommodated, but we will work with you in finding a living situation that best meets your needs.
If you are requesting an accommodation request because of medical, mental health issues or disabilities, we ask that you have a professional who is working with you directly to provide confirmation on the request form that can be downloaded below. If citing lifestyle, cultural or religious reasons, an attesting professional's supporting document/signature is not always necessary. We will contact you if we require additional information.
You will need to complete and submit an Accommodation Request Form with supporting documentation. We will keep the information you share confidential, but may need to consult with others within the university (ie. Student Accessibility Services) in order to provide you with the most suitable accommodation.
When you have completed the Accommodation Request Form, including the section completed by the professional, submit it to [email protected]
Take a Walk Through our Many Residence Room Options
Room tours on this page are typical rooms, however, there are variations in layout within each residence building. For a wider variety of room types or to take a closer look and zoom in, browse our 360 Room Tours.
SOUTH RESIDENCE - Single Alcove Room
SOUTH RESIDENCE - Double Alcove Room
SOUTH RESIDENCE - Single Corridor Room
SOUTH RESIDENCE - Triple Room
NORTH RESIDENCES - Lennox & Addington Single Room
NORTH RESIDENCES - Lennox & Addington Double Room
NORTH RESIDENCES - Lambton Suite
NORTH RESIDENCES - Lambton Double Room
NORTH RESIDENCES - Johnston/Mills Single Room
NORTH RESIDENCES - Johnston/Watson/Arts House Double Room
NORTH RESIDENCES - Mills Triple Room
EAST RESIDENCE - Single Room
EAST RESIDENCE - Double Room
EAST VILLAGE TOWNHOUSE - Single Room
- Why Live in Residence?
- English Language Program Students
- First Year International & Exchange Students
- Transfer and Off-Campus Students
- Winter Residence
- Graduate Housing
- Family Housing
- Choosing a Residence
- Online and Telephone Banking
- International Student Deposit Payments
- Residence Priority
- Waiting List
- How to Add a Roommate/Suitemate to Your Residence Application
- Gryphon's Choice Contest
- Room Tour Videos
- 360 Room Tours
- Information for Parents
- Apply Online
- Housing Portal
- Residence Tours
- Residence Contract
- Residence Community Living Standards
- Resources in Residence
- Parent & Guardian Information
Student Housing Services Maritime Hall, 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1 Phone: 519-824-4120 ext. 58701 Family Housing: ext. 52551 Fax: 519-767-1670 General Inquiries: [email protected]
- Housing & Residence
- Current Students Home
Living in Residence (Steckley Hall)
Meet new friends while having several comforts of home. By choosing to live on-campus, you'll live close to classmates, athletic facilities, Willson Hall Cafeteria, and your classrooms.
- Co-ed, dormitory-style facility
- Staffed 7 days-a-week, 24 hours-a-day
- Smoke-free facility
- WIFI available throughout the building
- Shared kitchenette
- Coin-operated washer and dryers
- Quiet wing to maximum study time
- View room photos here
Important Residence Information
Deposit will be applied to the Winter semester residence fee owed. These fees are estimates and are subject to change and thus students may not receive prior notification; Based on F22/W23 Fees
Applying to Residence
- Apply to live in residence online here: Steckley Hall Residence Application
- $500.00 deposit is due at the time of application. This deposit will be deducted off of the winter semester residence fees
- An offer of admission must be accepted before applying for residence
- Students living in Steckley Hall are required to purchase the meal plan
- Residence is available to students for both their first and second years of studies
- Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis
Note: For students studying in the Veterinary Technology Alternative program or staying in Ridgetown for on-campus summer employment, Steckley Hall is not available as a housing option.
Residence Contract and Policies
- Steckley Hall Residence Contract
- Residence Community Living Standards
- Policy on Non-Academic Misconduct
Meal Plan Details
- Students living on-campus are required to purchase a meal plan.
- The meal plan includes 14 meals per week: Monday morning breakfast through to Friday lunch service.
- Each meal is “all-you-can-eat”. There are several different entree options to choose from at each meal.
- Students with special dietary needs can speak with the chef to ensure their needs are met.
- Students living off campus and do not have the meal plan are welcome to purchase food and drinks.
Note: As Willson Hall Cafeteria is not open for Friday dinner service or over the weekend, students living in residence have access to a kitchenette in Steckley Hall to cook meals.
Meal Plan Fee
Work with residence life.
Our staff is compromised of students looking to develop their leadership skills as Resident Assistants (RA's). RA's offer peer-to-peer support to our residents through one-on-one relationship building, floor-wide events and recreational programming. The RA’s are available to students on their floor 24/7 as it is a live-in position. All student staff are trained in First Aid and Emergency Response.
Be sure to check out the Job Listings to learn more about this position and to apply.
Contact the Residence Team
- General housing inquiries: [email protected]
Off-Campus Student Housing
If you are a student, you can post a sublet with Places4Students.com for FREE or use the Roommate Finder for FREE- visit the student registration page for access.
- To find rental listings for Ridgetown , students, faculty, and staff near the University of Guelph Ridgetown Campus, search our rental listing website at Places4Students.com .
- To find rental listings for Clinton , students, faculty, and staff near REACH Huron, search our rental listing website at Places4Students.com .
Promote your rental to UofG students, faculty, and staff by listing with Places4Students. Visit the Places4Students webpage to create a profile or call 1-866-766-0767 to speak with a customer service representative.