IELTS Writing Samples by topic
Some people tend to take temporary jobs (they only work for few months of year), for they have time to do other things. do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, some people tend to take temporary jobs (they only work for few months of years )for they have time to do other things. do you the advantage outweigh disadvantages., some people tend to take temporary jobs, for they have time to do other things. do the advantage outweighs disadvantage, some people tend to take temporary jobs (they only work for few month of year), for they have time to do other things. do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, some people tend to take temporary jobs, for they have time to do other things. do the advantage outweighs disadvantage, some people tend to take temparay jobs (they only work for few months of years )for they have time to do other things. do you the advantage outweigh disadvantages., some people tend to take temporary jobs (they only work for few months of years)for they have time to do other things. do you think that advantages outweigh disadvantages., some people tend to take temporary jobs for they have time to do other things. do advantages outweigh its disadvantages..
- Unlimited Essay Checks: Practice and perfect your skills.
- Detailed Error Analysis: Spot every mistake.
- In-Built Grammar Checker: Say no to grammatical errors.
- Personalized Suggestions: Know how to boost your score.
- Progress Tracking: View your checked essay history.
- Still thinking? We have a 14-day money-back guarantee. Take a leap of faith!
Some people tend to take temporary jobs (they only work for few month of year), for they have time to do other things. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
In a time when jobs are few and employers receive hundreds of resumes for one vacancy, temporary jobs are gaining popularity. Although temporary jobs have both advantages and disadvantages, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
To begin with, temporary work is relatively easy to get. If the candidate’s credentials match the temporary job requirements he might be called upon to fill the position. Secondly, doing temporary work will give a job candidate much needed work experience. Most companies require two to three years experience, which puts recent graduates at a loss. Doing temporary work will give them that experience.
Another benefit to doing temporary work is that, should a vacancy become available within the company, the temporary worker will have first knowledge of it and can apply before the job gets posted on-line or handed over to employment agencies. Should a temporary worker excel in his current job, chances are he might be asked to stay on with the company on a full-time basis. Furthermore, by going from company to company, a temporary worker gets a lot of exposure. He doesn’t just learn one job, in the course of his employment he might gain experience in different fields.
Moreover, by doing temporary work, a worker will also be exposed to different kinds of environments. In addition, a temporary worker will get exposure to different kinds of personalities. By learning to work with different kinds of people, a temporary worker can sharpen his people skills. Last but not least, if a temporary worker needs some time off, he can just make himself unavailable for a while until he is ready to take on the next assignment.
On the downside, a temporary job does not have job security and you may be fired any time. You also do not get the perks and benefits that regular full time employees get. There may be gaps in your employment from time to time.
To put it in a nutshell, I pen down saying that disadvantages of temporary jobs are far less than the advantages. For some people, a temporary job is just temporary until they find something full-time, while for others it is a way of life.
Also Read More and more children from wealthy countries are doing unpaid work
Also Raed DESCRIBE A TIME WHEN YOU HAD TO MOVE FOR STUDY OR WORK IELTS EXAM
Also Read You recently took a part-time job working for a local company IELTS EXAM
Also Read It is suggested that all young adults should undertake a period of unpaid work
Some people tend to take temporary jobs they only work for few month of
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About The Author
Leave a comment cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
- IELTS Writing Checker
- IELTS Writing Samples
- Latest Topics
- Speaking Club
Nowadays some people tend to take temporary jobs for they have the time to do other things Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages v.2
Ielts essay nowadays some people tend to take temporary jobs for they have the time to do other things do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages v. 2.
- Structure your answers in logical paragraphs
- ? One main idea per paragraph
- Include an introduction and conclusion
- Support main points with an explanation and then an example
- Use cohesive linking words accurately and appropriately
- Vary your linking phrases using synonyms
- Try to vary your vocabulary using accurate synonyms
- Use less common question specific words that accurately convey meaning
- Check your work for spelling and word formation mistakes
- Use a variety of complex and simple sentences
- Check your writing for errors
- Answer all parts of the question
- ? Present relevant ideas
- Fully explain these ideas
- Support ideas with relevant, specific examples
- ? Currently is not available
- Meet the criteria
- Doesn't meet the criteria
- 6.5 band some people tend to take temporary jobs, for they have time to do other things. Do the advantage outweighs disadvantage v. 1 These days, many people have a tendency to choose momentary occupations that make them have more spare times to do other works. Despite some obvious drawbacks of this trend, I would argue that these are outweighed by the advantages. On the one hand, there are major downsides when individuals take s ...
- 7 band Nowadays some people tend to take temporary jobs for they have the time to do other things Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages v. 1 Since the beginning of the 21st century, a lot of animals are exposed to inaction. Some people believe that more money should be spent to protect the endangered species from extinction, while others argue that there are other issues more important than these animals, and the money should be spent on ...
- Language is to the mind more than light is to the eye. William Gibson
- 7.5 band In order to stay healthy, many people tend to exercise. Some people tend to exercise individually such as running and riding bicycles, etc. Some people tend to participate in group exercises such as team sports. Which one do you prefer, why? v. 1 The more you earn, the less you value other activities of life is a norm accepted by most of the earning people of the world. But is it an acceptable strategy or the opposite will be better to spend our lives. This essay will analyse this situation using the examples of Oxford University research an ...
- 6 band In order to stay healthy, many people tend to exercise. Some people tend to exercise individually such as running and riding bicycles, etc. Some people tend to participate in group exercises such as team sports. Which one do you prefer, why? v. 2 Generally, physical activities are crucial in human being’s life. There is an old quotation in Azerbaijan that “helthy mind is in healthy body”. In this regard, it is highly suggested that every human should allocate at least 15 minutes of his daily time to exercise. Some people are on the opinion t ...
- Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going. Rita Mae Brown
- 6.5 band Some people think that what children watch on television will influence their behaviours. Others think that the time they watch television influences their behaviour most. v. 2
- 6 band Many students leave high schools without knowing how to manage their money. What are the reasons, and how can they improve their understanding of financial management? v. 2
- Learning a new language is becoming a member of the club – the community of speakers of that language. Frank Smith
- 6 band young people nowadays do not give enough time to helping their communities. v. 144
- 6 band TPO-06 - Independent Writing Task Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. v. 2
- I love commuting between languages just like I love commuting between cultures and cities. Elif Safak
- IELTS Twenty20 Course
- IELTS Model Answers
- Study Abroad NEW
- Visas & Citizenship NEW
IELTS Writing Task 2 Model Answer: Many children are encouraged by their parents to get a part time job in their free time. Advantages and disadvantages?
feel free to call us +61.4.50973975 [email protected]
IELTS Writing Task 2 essay with model answer
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
Many children are encouraged by their parents to get a part time job in their free time. What are the advantages and disadvantages to children of doing so?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.
Model Answer :
Nowadays, parents motivate their children to indulge in various kinds of activities and doing a part time job is one of them. In this essay, I will shed some light on the pros and cons of doing a part time job.
It is evident that parents are supporting their children to do part time job; thereby, leading to obvious outcomes: the children learn the importance of money and also become a responsible person. Doing part-time job at an early stage of life not only teaches them the importance of earning money , but also prevents them from being a spendthrift. For instance, during my college days, I used to take part-time tuition classes which taught me to save my hard-earned money . Further, working part time also makes the children a responsible person. To exemplify, odd- jobs like a pizza-boy teach the children how the employer is dependent on them to run his business; consequently, they do their work seriously/ sincerely and take complete responsibility.
However, every coin has two sides and despite all the advantages of a temporary job, there are some drawbacks too. Firstly, it will disturb the regular schedule of the children. To illustrate, the students are already burdened with their own study schedule; therefore, doing other jobs will affect their studies. Moreover, they will not be able to spend time with their parents. To exemplify, children will have to do the part-time job in evening or night only after the school hours; as a result, they may not be able to spend any quality time with their parents.
In conclusion, a part-time job has a plethora of advantages and disadvantages. On balance, however, I tend to believe that parents should motivate/ encourage their children to do the part-time job as it teaches them better qualities; provided that, they manage their daily routine properly.
Total Words: 306
Task Achievement: 8
Coherence & cohesion: 8, lexical resources: 7, overall score: band 7.5.
For unlimited feedback with speaking and writing tasks sign up for IELTS Twenty20 Online Course today!
Study 20 minutes a day for 20 days and Ace the IELTS exam.
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
- IELTS Overall Score Calculator
- Free IELTS Level Check
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs
Say "Hi" on our social media channels...
- Follow on Twitter: @IELTS_T20
- Like on Facebook
- Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
IELTS Writing Task 2 Model Answer: The best way to crime committed by young adults is to teach parents parenting skills. To what extent do you agree?
IELTS Writing Task 2 essay with model answer You should spend about 40 minutes on this task. Write about...
IELTS Writing Task 2 Model Answer:Destruction of the world’s forests amounts to death of the world we currently know. Agree or disagree?
Ielts writing task 2 model answer: crime prevention (band 9), ielts writing task 2 model answer: should young people follow older people’s advice or challenge it., ielts writing task 2 model answer: international tourism has brought enormous benefit to many places. do the disadvantages of international tourism outweigh the advantages.
- IELTS Model Answer: Technology makes life complex
Some people think technology makes life complex, so we should make life simpler without using technology. Do you agree...
IELTS Writing Task 2 Model Answer: Image as the more powerful way of communicating than the written word. Agree or Disagree?
Ielts writing task 2 model answer: plant and animal species declining – causes and solutions..
Leave a reply Click here to cancel the reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
FREE IELTS LEVEL CHECK
Take our 5-minute IELTS level check and receive a detailed report highlighting the areas where you need to improve the most to achieve your target IELTS score.
IELTS CORRECTION PACKS
HOT BONUS 1:
Hot bonus 2:, hot bonus 3:, hot bonus 4:, hot bonus 5:, like us on facebook.
Tel: +61 450 973 975 Email: [email protected]
- IELTS Model Answer: Countries must invest resources on the young population
- IELTS Model Answer: Living in big cities is bad for people’s health
- IELTS Model Essay: All people will choose to talk the same global language in the future
- IELTS Model Essay: Countries should invest resources on the young population
- IELTS Samples of Band 7, 8 & 9 Students
- Study Abroad
- Immigration Advice
- Code of Conduct for Australian RMAs
- Registered Migration Agent (Australia) MARN 2016128
©2012-2023 All prices are in USD. IELTS Online Practice is provided by Wisekangaroo Pty Ltd (ABN: 86 159 373 770)
Send us an email with any questions about our courses and we'll get back to you, asap.
Log in with your credentials
Forgot your details.
Nowadays some people tend to take temporary jobs for they have the time to do other things Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages
One of the major trends going on in this world is having a Part-time job, particularly jobs requiring to work only for a few months per annum. The innumerable advantages of working for a short period of time drive people to it. Despite all the benefits of this trend, there are some notable drawbacks that should be considered.
Beginning with the positive aspects, it is clear that temporary jobs offers independence to a person. Although this can also be achieved by working in a regular job, one thing that differs the two is the absence of monotony of working life in the former one. Moreover, it provides a sense of relaxation to a person, which might not be easily achieved by working regularly. Odd-jobs also make switching the workplace easier. For example, if a person finds a job boring or unsuitable according to his capability, he can switch to other kind of job as the previous one was irregular. A person can also take out time to take part in other activities if he is working part time.
Nevertheless, there are some undesirable effects of irregular jobs. Although it provides the opportunity to change jobs, instability of working life can cause stress issues. A person is under constant tension about wage security, as odd job workers get paid less than the regular ones, and they are always at the verge of getting expelled under unexpected circumstances. Furthermore, the probability of getting promoted of very low for irregular workers as most of companies want full time workers in their organisation.
Overall, while having a part time job is undeniably beneficial, the drawbacks is similarly clear. But in this instance, it seems that the cons are outweighed by the pros.
- Log in or register to post comments
Essay evaluations by e-grader
Grammar and spelling errors: Line 1, column 103, Rule ID: ALLOW_TO Message: Did you mean 'working'? Or maybe you should add a pronoun? In active voice, 'require' + 'to' takes an object, usually a pronoun. Suggestion: working ...t-time job, particularly jobs requiring to work only for a few months per annum. The in... ^^^^^^^ Line 1, column 194, Rule ID: PERIOD_OF_TIME Message: Use simply 'period'. Suggestion: period ...rable advantages of working for a short period of time drive people to it. Despite all the ben... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Line 3, column 664, Rule ID: EN_COMPOUNDS Message: This word is normally spelled with hyphen. Suggestion: part-time ...rt in other activities if he is working part time. Nevertheless, there are some undesi... ^^^^^^^^^ Line 5, column 458, Rule ID: MOST_SOME_OF_NNS Message: After 'most of', you should use 'the' ('most of the companies') or simply say ''most companies''. Suggestion: most of the companies; most companies ...ed of very low for irregular workers as most of companies want full time workers in their organis... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Line 5, column 481, Rule ID: EN_COMPOUNDS Message: This word is normally spelled as one. Suggestion: fulltime ...gular workers as most of companies want full time workers in their organisation. Over... ^^^^^^^^^ Line 7, column 25, Rule ID: EN_COMPOUNDS Message: This word is normally spelled with hyphen. Suggestion: part-time ...ganisation. Overall, while having a part time job is undeniably beneficial, the drawb... ^^^^^^^^^
Transition Words or Phrases used: also, but, furthermore, if, moreover, nevertheless, similarly, so, while, for example, kind of
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on Part of Speech: To be verbs : 15.0 13.1623246493 114% => OK Auxiliary verbs: 6.0 7.85571142285 76% => OK Conjunction : 3.0 10.4138276553 29% => More conjunction wanted. Relative clauses : 5.0 7.30460921844 68% => More relative clauses wanted. Pronoun: 18.0 24.0651302605 75% => OK Preposition: 39.0 41.998997996 93% => OK Nominalization: 5.0 8.3376753507 60% => More nominalizations (nouns with a suffix like: tion ment ence ance) wanted.
Performance on vocabulary words: No of characters: 1418.0 1615.20841683 88% => OK No of words: 288.0 315.596192385 91% => More content wanted. Chars per words: 4.92361111111 5.12529762239 96% => OK Fourth root words length: 4.11953428781 4.20363070211 98% => OK Word Length SD: 2.83455005193 2.80592935109 101% => OK Unique words: 168.0 176.041082164 95% => OK Unique words percentage: 0.583333333333 0.561755894193 104% => OK syllable_count: 460.8 506.74238477 91% => OK avg_syllables_per_word: 1.6 1.60771543086 100% => OK
A sentence (or a clause, phrase) starts by: Pronoun: 4.0 5.43587174349 74% => OK Article: 5.0 2.52805611222 198% => OK Subordination: 5.0 2.10420841683 238% => Less adverbial clause wanted. Conjunction: 2.0 0.809619238477 247% => Less conjunction wanted as sentence beginning. Preposition: 1.0 4.76152304609 21% => More preposition wanted as sentence beginning.
Performance on sentences: How many sentences: 15.0 16.0721442886 93% => OK Sentence length: 19.0 20.2975951904 94% => OK Sentence length SD: 38.6565504008 49.4020404114 78% => OK Chars per sentence: 94.5333333333 106.682146367 89% => OK Words per sentence: 19.2 20.7667163134 92% => OK Discourse Markers: 6.26666666667 7.06120827912 89% => OK Paragraphs: 4.0 4.38176352705 91% => OK Language errors: 6.0 5.01903807615 120% => OK Sentences with positive sentiment : 7.0 8.67935871743 81% => OK Sentences with negative sentiment : 3.0 3.9879759519 75% => OK Sentences with neutral sentiment: 5.0 3.4128256513 147% => OK What are sentences with positive/Negative/neutral sentiment?
Coherence and Cohesion: Essay topic to essay body coherence: 0.223479272716 0.244688304435 91% => OK Sentence topic coherence: 0.0721072717606 0.084324248473 86% => OK Sentence topic coherence SD: 0.0502484574345 0.0667982634062 75% => OK Paragraph topic coherence: 0.131269795094 0.151304729494 87% => OK Paragraph topic coherence SD: 0.0419832929284 0.056905535591 74% => OK
Essay readability: automated_readability_index: 11.3 13.0946893788 86% => Automated_readability_index is low. flesch_reading_ease: 52.19 50.2224549098 104% => OK smog_index: 8.8 7.44779559118 118% => OK flesch_kincaid_grade: 10.7 11.3001002004 95% => OK coleman_liau_index: 11.26 12.4159519038 91% => OK dale_chall_readability_score: 8.47 8.58950901804 99% => OK difficult_words: 71.0 78.4519038076 91% => OK linsear_write_formula: 11.5 9.78957915832 117% => OK gunning_fog: 9.6 10.1190380762 95% => OK text_standard: 12.0 10.7795591182 111% => OK What are above readability scores?
--------------------- Rates: 73.0337078652 out of 100 Scores by essay e-grader: 6.5 Out of 9 --------------------- Note: the e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas. VIP users will receive further evaluations by advanced module of e-grader and human graders.