Have a language expert improve your writing
Run a free plagiarism check in 10 minutes, generate accurate citations for free.
- Knowledge Base
- Research paper
Writing a Research Paper Introduction | Step-by-Step Guide
Published on September 24, 2022 by Jack Caulfield . Revised on March 27, 2023.
The introduction to a research paper is where you set up your topic and approach for the reader. It has several key goals:
- Present your topic and get the reader interested
- Provide background or summarize existing research
- Position your own approach
- Detail your specific research problem and problem statement
- Give an overview of the paper’s structure
The introduction looks slightly different depending on whether your paper presents the results of original empirical research or constructs an argument by engaging with a variety of sources.
Table of contents
Step 1: introduce your topic, step 2: describe the background, step 3: establish your research problem, step 4: specify your objective(s), step 5: map out your paper, research paper introduction examples, frequently asked questions about the research paper introduction.
The first job of the introduction is to tell the reader what your topic is and why it’s interesting or important. This is generally accomplished with a strong opening hook.
The hook is a striking opening sentence that clearly conveys the relevance of your topic. Think of an interesting fact or statistic, a strong statement, a question, or a brief anecdote that will get the reader wondering about your topic.
For example, the following could be an effective hook for an argumentative paper about the environmental impact of cattle farming:
A more empirical paper investigating the relationship of Instagram use with body image issues in adolescent girls might use the following hook:
Don’t feel that your hook necessarily has to be deeply impressive or creative. Clarity and relevance are still more important than catchiness. The key thing is to guide the reader into your topic and situate your ideas.
This part of the introduction differs depending on what approach your paper is taking.
In a more argumentative paper, you’ll explore some general background here. In a more empirical paper, this is the place to review previous research and establish how yours fits in.
Argumentative paper: Background information
After you’ve caught your reader’s attention, specify a bit more, providing context and narrowing down your topic.
Provide only the most relevant background information. The introduction isn’t the place to get too in-depth; if more background is essential to your paper, it can appear in the body .
Empirical paper: Describing previous research
For a paper describing original research, you’ll instead provide an overview of the most relevant research that has already been conducted. This is a sort of miniature literature review —a sketch of the current state of research into your topic, boiled down to a few sentences.
This should be informed by genuine engagement with the literature. Your search can be less extensive than in a full literature review, but a clear sense of the relevant research is crucial to inform your own work.
Begin by establishing the kinds of research that have been done, and end with limitations or gaps in the research that you intend to respond to.
Here's why students love Scribbr's proofreading services
Discover proofreading & editing
The next step is to clarify how your own research fits in and what problem it addresses.
Argumentative paper: Emphasize importance
In an argumentative research paper, you can simply state the problem you intend to discuss, and what is original or important about your argument.
Empirical paper: Relate to the literature
In an empirical research paper, try to lead into the problem on the basis of your discussion of the literature. Think in terms of these questions:
- What research gap is your work intended to fill?
- What limitations in previous work does it address?
- What contribution to knowledge does it make?
You can make the connection between your problem and the existing research using phrases like the following.
Now you’ll get into the specifics of what you intend to find out or express in your research paper.
The way you frame your research objectives varies. An argumentative paper presents a thesis statement, while an empirical paper generally poses a research question (sometimes with a hypothesis as to the answer).
Argumentative paper: Thesis statement
The thesis statement expresses the position that the rest of the paper will present evidence and arguments for. It can be presented in one or two sentences, and should state your position clearly and directly, without providing specific arguments for it at this point.
Empirical paper: Research question and hypothesis
The research question is the question you want to answer in an empirical research paper.
Present your research question clearly and directly, with a minimum of discussion at this point. The rest of the paper will be taken up with discussing and investigating this question; here you just need to express it.
A research question can be framed either directly or indirectly.
- This study set out to answer the following question: What effects does daily use of Instagram have on the prevalence of body image issues among adolescent girls?
- We investigated the effects of daily Instagram use on the prevalence of body image issues among adolescent girls.
If your research involved testing hypotheses , these should be stated along with your research question. They are usually presented in the past tense, since the hypothesis will already have been tested by the time you are writing up your paper.
For example, the following hypothesis might respond to the research question above:
The final part of the introduction is often dedicated to a brief overview of the rest of the paper.
In a paper structured using the standard scientific “introduction, methods, results, discussion” format, this isn’t always necessary. But if your paper is structured in a less predictable way, it’s important to describe the shape of it for the reader.
If included, the overview should be concise, direct, and written in the present tense.
- This paper will first discuss several examples of survey-based research into adolescent social media use, then will go on to …
- This paper first discusses several examples of survey-based research into adolescent social media use, then goes on to …
Full examples of research paper introductions are shown in the tabs below: one for an argumentative paper, the other for an empirical paper.
- Argumentative paper
- Empirical paper
Are cows responsible for climate change? A recent study (RIVM, 2019) shows that cattle farmers account for two thirds of agricultural nitrogen emissions in the Netherlands. These emissions result from nitrogen in manure, which can degrade into ammonia and enter the atmosphere. The study’s calculations show that agriculture is the main source of nitrogen pollution, accounting for 46% of the country’s total emissions. By comparison, road traffic and households are responsible for 6.1% each, the industrial sector for 1%. While efforts are being made to mitigate these emissions, policymakers are reluctant to reckon with the scale of the problem. The approach presented here is a radical one, but commensurate with the issue. This paper argues that the Dutch government must stimulate and subsidize livestock farmers, especially cattle farmers, to transition to sustainable vegetable farming. It first establishes the inadequacy of current mitigation measures, then discusses the various advantages of the results proposed, and finally addresses potential objections to the plan on economic grounds.
The rise of social media has been accompanied by a sharp increase in the prevalence of body image issues among women and girls. This correlation has received significant academic attention: Various empirical studies have been conducted into Facebook usage among adolescent girls (Tiggermann & Slater, 2013; Meier & Gray, 2014). These studies have consistently found that the visual and interactive aspects of the platform have the greatest influence on body image issues. Despite this, highly visual social media (HVSM) such as Instagram have yet to be robustly researched. This paper sets out to address this research gap. We investigated the effects of daily Instagram use on the prevalence of body image issues among adolescent girls. It was hypothesized that daily Instagram use would be associated with an increase in body image concerns and a decrease in self-esteem ratings.
The introduction of a research paper includes several key elements:
- A hook to catch the reader’s interest
- Relevant background on the topic
- Details of your research problem
and your problem statement
- A thesis statement or research question
- Sometimes an overview of the paper
Don’t feel that you have to write the introduction first. The introduction is often one of the last parts of the research paper you’ll write, along with the conclusion.
This is because it can be easier to introduce your paper once you’ve already written the body ; you may not have the clearest idea of your arguments until you’ve written them, and things can change during the writing process .
The way you present your research problem in your introduction varies depending on the nature of your research paper . A research paper that presents a sustained argument will usually encapsulate this argument in a thesis statement .
A research paper designed to present the results of empirical research tends to present a research question that it seeks to answer. It may also include a hypothesis —a prediction that will be confirmed or disproved by your research.
Cite this Scribbr article
If you want to cite this source, you can copy and paste the citation or click the “Cite this Scribbr article” button to automatically add the citation to our free Citation Generator.
Caulfield, J. (2023, March 27). Writing a Research Paper Introduction | Step-by-Step Guide. Scribbr. Retrieved May 26, 2023, from https://www.scribbr.com/research-paper/research-paper-introduction/
Is this article helpful?
Other students also liked, writing strong research questions | criteria & examples, writing a research paper conclusion | step-by-step guide, research paper format | apa, mla, & chicago templates, what is your plagiarism score.
Choose Your Test
Sat / act prep online guides and tips, 113 great research paper topics.
One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best topic for you.
In addition to the list of good research topics, we've included advice on what makes a good research paper topic and how you can use your topic to start writing a great paper.
What Makes a Good Research Paper Topic?
Not all research paper topics are created equal, and you want to make sure you choose a great topic before you start writing. Below are the three most important factors to consider to make sure you choose the best research paper topics.
#1: It's Something You're Interested In
A paper is always easier to write if you're interested in the topic, and you'll be more motivated to do in-depth research and write a paper that really covers the entire subject. Even if a certain research paper topic is getting a lot of buzz right now or other people seem interested in writing about it, don't feel tempted to make it your topic unless you genuinely have some sort of interest in it as well.
#2: There's Enough Information to Write a Paper
Even if you come up with the absolute best research paper topic and you're so excited to write about it, you won't be able to produce a good paper if there isn't enough research about the topic. This can happen for very specific or specialized topics, as well as topics that are too new to have enough research done on them at the moment. Easy research paper topics will always be topics with enough information to write a full-length paper.
Trying to write a research paper on a topic that doesn't have much research on it is incredibly hard, so before you decide on a topic, do a bit of preliminary searching and make sure you'll have all the information you need to write your paper.
#3: It Fits Your Teacher's Guidelines
Don't get so carried away looking at lists of research paper topics that you forget any requirements or restrictions your teacher may have put on research topic ideas. If you're writing a research paper on a health-related topic, deciding to write about the impact of rap on the music scene probably won't be allowed, but there may be some sort of leeway. For example, if you're really interested in current events but your teacher wants you to write a research paper on a history topic, you may be able to choose a topic that fits both categories, like exploring the relationship between the US and North Korea. No matter what, always get your research paper topic approved by your teacher first before you begin writing.
113 Good Research Paper Topics
Below are 113 good research topics to help you get you started on your paper. We've organized them into ten categories to make it easier to find the type of research paper topics you're looking for.
- Discuss the main differences in art from the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance .
- Analyze the impact a famous artist had on the world.
- How is sexism portrayed in different types of media (music, film, video games, etc.)? Has the amount/type of sexism changed over the years?
- How has the music of slaves brought over from Africa shaped modern American music?
- How has rap music evolved in the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of minorities in the media changed?
- What have been the impacts of China's one child policy?
- How have the goals of feminists changed over the decades?
- How has the Trump presidency changed international relations?
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- What factors contributed to the current decline in the rate of unemployment?
- What have been the impacts of states which have increased their minimum wage?
- How do US immigration laws compare to immigration laws of other countries?
- How have the US's immigration laws changed in the past few years/decades?
- How has the Black Lives Matter movement affected discussions and view about racism in the US?
- What impact has the Affordable Care Act had on healthcare in the US?
- What factors contributed to the UK deciding to leave the EU (Brexit)?
- What factors contributed to China becoming an economic power?
- Discuss the history of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies (some of which tokenize the S&P 500 Index on the blockchain) .
- Do students in schools that eliminate grades do better in college and their careers?
- Do students from wealthier backgrounds score higher on standardized tests?
- Do students who receive free meals at school get higher grades compared to when they weren't receiving a free meal?
- Do students who attend charter schools score higher on standardized tests than students in public schools?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- How does giving each student access to an iPad or laptop affect their studies?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Montessori Method ?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school later on?
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- How does the US education system compare to education systems in other countries?
- What impact does mandatory physical education classes have on students' health?
- Which methods are most effective at reducing bullying in schools?
- Do homeschoolers who attend college do as well as students who attended traditional schools?
- Does offering tenure increase or decrease quality of teaching?
- How does college debt affect future life choices of students?
- Should graduate students be able to form unions?
- What are different ways to lower gun-related deaths in the US?
- How and why have divorce rates changed over time?
- Is affirmative action still necessary in education and/or the workplace?
- Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- How has stem cell research impacted the medical field?
- How can human trafficking be reduced in the United States/world?
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
- Which types of juvenile punishment have proven most effective at preventing future crimes?
- Has the increase in US airport security made passengers safer?
- Analyze the immigration policies of certain countries and how they are similar and different from one another.
- Several states have legalized recreational marijuana. What positive and negative impacts have they experienced as a result?
- Do tariffs increase the number of domestic jobs?
- Which prison reforms have proven most effective?
- Should governments be able to censor certain information on the internet?
- Which methods/programs have been most effective at reducing teen pregnancy?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How effective are different exercise regimes for losing weight and maintaining weight loss?
- How do the healthcare plans of various countries differ from each other?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression ?
- What are the pros and cons of genetically modified foods?
- Which methods are most effective for improving memory?
- What can be done to lower healthcare costs in the US?
- What factors contributed to the current opioid crisis?
- Analyze the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic .
- Are low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- How much exercise should the average adult be getting each week?
- Which methods are most effective to get parents to vaccinate their children?
- What are the pros and cons of clean needle programs?
- How does stress affect the body?
- Discuss the history of the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
- What were the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation?
- How has New Orleans and the government's response to natural disasters changed since Hurricane Katrina?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- What were the impacts of British rule in India ?
- Was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki necessary?
- What were the successes and failures of the women's suffrage movement in the United States?
- What were the causes of the Civil War?
- How did Abraham Lincoln's assassination impact the country and reconstruction after the Civil War?
- Which factors contributed to the colonies winning the American Revolution?
- What caused Hitler's rise to power?
- Discuss how a specific invention impacted history.
- What led to Cleopatra's fall as ruler of Egypt?
- How has Japan changed and evolved over the centuries?
- What were the causes of the Rwandan genocide ?
- Why did Martin Luther decide to split with the Catholic Church?
- Analyze the history and impact of a well-known cult (Jonestown, Manson family, etc.)
- How did the sexual abuse scandal impact how people view the Catholic Church?
- How has the Catholic church's power changed over the past decades/centuries?
- What are the causes behind the rise in atheism/ agnosticism in the United States?
- What were the influences in Siddhartha's life resulted in him becoming the Buddha?
- How has media portrayal of Islam/Muslims changed since September 11th?
- How has the earth's climate changed in the past few decades?
- How has the use and elimination of DDT affected bird populations in the US?
- Analyze how the number and severity of natural disasters have increased in the past few decades.
- Analyze deforestation rates in a certain area or globally over a period of time.
- How have past oil spills changed regulations and cleanup methods?
- How has the Flint water crisis changed water regulation safety?
- What are the pros and cons of fracking?
- What impact has the Paris Climate Agreement had so far?
- What have NASA's biggest successes and failures been?
- How can we improve access to clean water around the world?
- Does ecotourism actually have a positive impact on the environment?
- Should the US rely on nuclear energy more?
- What can be done to save amphibian species currently at risk of extinction?
- What impact has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Are teens who spend more time on social media more likely to suffer anxiety and/or depression?
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect internet users?
- Analyze the history and progress of self-driving vehicles.
- How has the use of drones changed surveillance and warfare methods?
- Has social media made people more or less connected?
- What progress has currently been made with artificial intelligence ?
- Do smartphones increase or decrease workplace productivity?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How is Google search affecting our intelligence?
- When is the best age for a child to begin owning a smartphone?
- Has frequent texting reduced teen literacy rates?
How to Write a Great Research Paper
Even great research paper topics won't give you a great research paper if you don't hone your topic before and during the writing process. Follow these three tips to turn good research paper topics into great papers.
#1: Figure Out Your Thesis Early
Before you start writing a single word of your paper, you first need to know what your thesis will be. Your thesis is a statement that explains what you intend to prove/show in your paper. Every sentence in your research paper will relate back to your thesis, so you don't want to start writing without it!
As some examples, if you're writing a research paper on if students learn better in same-sex classrooms, your thesis might be "Research has shown that elementary-age students in same-sex classrooms score higher on standardized tests and report feeling more comfortable in the classroom."
If you're writing a paper on the causes of the Civil War, your thesis might be "While the dispute between the North and South over slavery is the most well-known cause of the Civil War, other key causes include differences in the economies of the North and South, states' rights, and territorial expansion."
#2: Back Every Statement Up With Research
Remember, this is a research paper you're writing, so you'll need to use lots of research to make your points. Every statement you give must be backed up with research, properly cited the way your teacher requested. You're allowed to include opinions of your own, but they must also be supported by the research you give.
#3: Do Your Research Before You Begin Writing
You don't want to start writing your research paper and then learn that there isn't enough research to back up the points you're making, or, even worse, that the research contradicts the points you're trying to make!
Get most of your research on your good research topics done before you begin writing. Then use the research you've collected to create a rough outline of what your paper will cover and the key points you're going to make. This will help keep your paper clear and organized, and it'll ensure you have enough research to produce a strong paper.
Are you also learning about dynamic equilibrium in your science class? We break this sometimes tricky concept down so it's easy to understand in our complete guide to dynamic equilibrium .
Thinking about becoming a nurse practitioner? Nurse practitioners have one of the fastest growing careers in the country, and we have all the information you need to know about what to expect from nurse practitioner school .
Want to know the fastest and easiest ways to convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius? We've got you covered! Check out our guide to the best ways to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa).
Need more help with this topic? Check out Tutorbase!
Our vetted tutor database includes a range of experienced educators who can help you polish an essay for English or explain how derivatives work for Calculus. You can use dozens of filters and search criteria to find the perfect person for your needs.
These recommendations are based solely on our knowledge and experience. If you purchase an item through one of our links, PrepScholar may receive a commission.
Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from Duke University. In high school she scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries.
Student and Parent Forum
Our new student and parent forum, at ExpertHub.PrepScholar.com , allow you to interact with your peers and the PrepScholar staff. See how other students and parents are navigating high school, college, and the college admissions process. Ask questions; get answers.
Ask a Question Below
Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply!
Improve With Our Famous Guides
- For All Students
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 160+ SAT Points
How to Get a Perfect 1600, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:
Score 800 on SAT Math
Score 800 on SAT Reading
Score 800 on SAT Writing
Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:
Score 600 on SAT Math
Score 600 on SAT Reading
Score 600 on SAT Writing
Free Complete Official SAT Practice Tests
What SAT Target Score Should You Be Aiming For?
15 Strategies to Improve Your SAT Essay
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 4+ ACT Points
How to Get a Perfect 36 ACT, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section:
36 on ACT English
36 on ACT Math
36 on ACT Reading
36 on ACT Science
Series: How to Get to 24 on Each ACT Section:
24 on ACT English
24 on ACT Math
24 on ACT Reading
24 on ACT Science
What ACT target score should you be aiming for?
ACT Vocabulary You Must Know
ACT Writing: 15 Tips to Raise Your Essay Score
How to Get Into Harvard and the Ivy League
How to Get a Perfect 4.0 GPA
How to Write an Amazing College Essay
What Exactly Are Colleges Looking For?
Is the ACT easier than the SAT? A Comprehensive Guide
Should you retake your SAT or ACT?
When should you take the SAT or ACT?
Get the latest articles and test prep tips!
Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?
Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here:
GRE Online Prep Blog
GMAT Online Prep Blog
TOEFL Online Prep Blog
Holly R. "I am absolutely overjoyed and cannot thank you enough for helping me!”
- SAT BootCamp
- SAT MasterClass
- SAT Private Tutoring
- SAT Proctored Practice Test
- ACT Private Tutoring
- Academic Subjects
- College Essay Workshop
- Academic Writing Workshop
- AP English FRQ BootCamp
- 1:1 College Essay Help
- Online Instruction
- Free Resources
500 Good Research Paper Topics
Bonus Material: Essential essay checklist
Writing a research paper for a class and not sure how to start?
One of the most important steps to creating a great paper is finding a good topic!
Here’s a hand-drafted list from a Princeton grad who has helped professors at Harvard and Yale edit their papers for publication and taught college writing at the University of Notre Dame and .
What’s more, we give you some foolproof formulas for creating your own paper topic to fit the requirements of your class.
Using these simple formulas, we’ve helped hundreds of students turn a B- paper topic into an A+ paper topic.
Keep reading for our list of 500 vetted research paper topics and our magic formulas for creating your own topic!
Of course, if you want help learning to write research papers tailored to your individual needs, check out our one-on-one writing coaching or academic writing workshop . Set up a free consultation to see how we can help you learn to write A+ papers!
Jump to paper topics in:
European & Mediterranean History
African history, asian history, history of the pre-columbian americas.
- Latin American History
History of Science
Politics & public policy, education & education policy, political theory, science policy.
- Health Sciences & Psychology
What is a research paper?
In order to write a good research paper, it’s important to know what it is!
In general, we can divide academic writing into three broad categories:
- Analytical: analyze the tools an author uses to make their point
- Research: delve deeply into a research topic and share your findings
- Persuasive : argue a specific and nuanced position backed by evidence
What’s the difference between an analytical paper and a research paper? For an analytical paper, it’s okay to just use one or two sources (a book, poem, work of art, piece of music, etc.) and examine them in detail. For a research paper, however, the expectation is that you do, well . . . research .
The depth of research that you’re expected to do will depend on your age and the type of class you’re taking.
In elementary or middle school, a “research paper” might mean finding information from a few general books or encyclopedias in your school library.
In high school, your teachers might expect you to start using information from academic articles and more specific books. You might use encyclopedias and general works as a starting point, but you’ll be expected to go beyond them and do more work to synthesize information from different perspectives or different types of sources. You may also be expected to do “primary research,” where you study the source material yourself, instead of synthesizing what other people have written about the source material.
In college, you’ll be required to use academic journals and scholarly books, and your professors will now expect that you be more critical of these secondary sources, noticing the methodology and perspectives of whatever articles and books you’re using.
In more advanced college courses, you’ll be expected to do more exhaustive surveys of the existing literature on a topic. You’ll need to conduct primary research that makes an original contribution to the field—the kind that could be published in a journal article itself.
For a walkthrough of the 12 essential steps to writing a good paper, check out our step-by-step guide .
Working on a research paper? Grab our free checklist to make sure your essay has everything it needs to earn an A grade.
Get the essential essay checklist
What makes a good research paper topic?
One of the most important features of a research paper topic is that it has a clear, narrow focus.
For example, your teacher may assign you to write a research paper related to the US Revolutionary War. Does that mean that your topic should be “the US Revolutionary War”?
Definitely not! There’s no way to craft a good paper with in-depth research with such a broad topic. (Unless you’re in elementary or middle school, in which case it’s okay to have a more general topic for your research paper.)
Instead, you need to find a more specific topic within this broader one. There are endless ways that you can make this narrower! Some ideas generated from this one broader topic might be:
- Causes of the US Revolutionary War
- Changes in military strategy during the Revolutionary War
- The experiences of Loyalists to England who remained in the American colonies during the Revolutionary War
- How the Revolutionary War was pivotal for the career of Alexander Hamilton
- The role of alliances with France during the US Revolutionary War
- The experiences of people of color during the Revolutionary War
- How George Washington’s previous military career paved the way for his leadership in the Revolutionary War
- The main types of weaponry during the Revolutionary War
- Changes in clothing and fashion over the courses of the Revolutionary War
- How Valley Forge was a key moment in the Revolutionary War
- How women contributed to the Revolutionary War
- What happened in Amherst, Massachusetts during the Revolutionary War
- Field medicine during the Revolutionary War
- How the Battle of Saratoga was a turning point in the Revolutionary War
- How different opinions about the Revolutionary War were reflected in poetry written during that time
- Debates over abolition during the Revolutionary War
- The importance of supply chains during the Revolutionary War
- Reactions to the US Revolutionary war in Europe
- How the US Revolutionary war impacted political theory in England and France
- Similarities and differences between the US Revolutionary War and the French Revolution
- Famous paintings inspired by the US Revolutionary War
- Different ways that the US Revolutionary War has been depicted in modern contemporary culture
- The appropriation of the “Boston Tea Party” by US politicians in the 2010s
This list could go on forever!
In fact, any of these topics could become even more specific. For example, check out the evolution of this topic:
- Economic causes of the Revolutionary war
- The way that tax policies helped lead to the Revolutionary War
- How tax laws enacted 1763–1775 helped lead to the Revolutionary War
- How the tax-free status of the British East India Company helped lead to the Revolutionary War
- How the 1773 tax-free status of the British East India Company helped lead to the Revolutionary War, as reflected in letters written 1767–1775
- How the 1773 tax-free status of the British East India Company helped lead to the Revolutionary War, as reflected in letters written by members of the Sons of Liberty 1767–1775
As you advance in your educational career, you’ll need to make your topic more and more specific. Steps 1–3 of this topic might be okay in high school, but for a college research paper steps 4–7 would be more appropriate!
As you craft your research paper topic, you should also keep in mind the availability of research materials on your subject. There are millions of topics that would make interesting research papers, but for which you yourself might not be able to investigate with the primary and secondary sources to which you have access.
Access to research materials might look like:
- To the best of our knowledge, the sources exist somewhere
- The source isn’t behind a paywall (or you or your school can pay for it)
- Your school or local library has a copy of the source
- Your school or local library can order a copy of the source for you
- The source is in a language that you speak
- The source has been published already (there’s tons of amazing research that hasn’t been published yet, a frustrating problem!)
- You can access the archive, museum, or database where the primary source is held—this might mean online access or travel! To access a source in an archive or museum you’ll often need permission, which often requires a letter of support from your school.
If you’re not sure about access to source materials, talk to a librarian! They’re professionals for this question.
Finally, pick a research topic that interests you! Given that there are unlimited research topics in the world and many ways to adapt a broad topic, there should absolutely be a way to modify a research topic to fit your interests.
Want help learning to write an amazing research paper? Work one-on-one with an experienced Ivy-League tutor to improve your writing skills or sign up for our bestselling academic writing workshop .
Insider tips to generate your own research paper topic
Use these formulas to generate your own research paper topics:
- How did X change over a period of time (year, decade, century)?
- What is the impact (or consequences) of X?
- What led to X?
- What is the role of X in Y?
- How did X influence Y?
- How did X become Y?
- How was X different from Y?
- How is X an example of Y?
- How did X affect Y?
- What were some reactions to X?
- What are the most effective policies to produce X result?
- What are some risks of X?
- How is our current understanding of X incorrect? (advanced)
- What happens if we look at X through the lens of Y theory or perspective? (advanced)
A good research paper topic often starts with the question words—why, how, what, who, and where. Remember to make it as specific as possible!
Good research paper topics
These research paper topics have been vetted by a Princeton grad and academic book editor!
- How did European rivalries (British vs French) impact North American history?
- What was the role of British and French alliances with indigneous tribes during the Seven Years’ War?
- Reactions to the 1754 Albany Congress among North American intellectual figures
- How the Albany Plan served as a model for future attempts at union among the North American colonies
- How did different religious identities (Calvinist, Catholic, etc.) play a role in the aftermath of the Seven Years’ War?
- What were the consequences of the 1763 Treaty of Paris?
- How did the Seven Years’ War impact British debt and colonial economics?
- What were some causes of the US Revolutionary War?
- How did military strategy change during the Revolutionary War?
- What were the experiences of Loyalists to England who remained in the American colonies during the Revolutionary War?
- How was the Revolutionary War pivotal for the career of Alexander Hamilton?
- What was the role of alliances with France during the US Revolutionary War?
- What were the experiences of people of color during the Revolutionary War?
- How did George Washington’s previous military career pave the way for his leadership in the Revolutionary War?
- What were the main types of weaponry during the Revolutionary War? How did that affect the options for military strategies?
- How did clothing and fashion change over the courses of the Revolutionary War?
- How was Valley Forge a key moment in the Revolutionary War?
- How did women contribute to the Revolutionary War?
- What happened in Amherst, Massachusetts (or any other specific location) during the Revolutionary War?
- What was field medicine like during the Revolutionary War?
- How was the Battle of Saratoga a turning point in the Revolutionary War?
- How were different opinions about the Revolutionary War reflected in poetry written during that time?
- What were the debates over abolition during the Revolutionary War?
- What was the role of supply chains during the Revolutionary War?
- What were reactions to the US Revolutionary war like in Europe? What does that tell us about politics in England, France, the Netherlands, etc?
- How did the US Revolutionary war impact political theory in England and France?
- What are similarities and differences between the US Revolutionary War and the French Revolution?
- What are some famous paintings inspired by the US Revolutionary War? What do differences between these paintings tell us about how the artists who created them saw the war?
- What are some different ways that the US Revolutionary War has been depicted in modern contemporary culture? What does that tell us?
- How was the story of the “Boston Tea Party” appropriated by US politicians in the 2010s, and why?
- What was the difference between the Federalists and the Jeffersonians?
- How did the 1797 XYZ Affair lead to the Quasi-War with France?
- How were loans from European countries and companies (France, Spain, Dutch bankers) key to the early US?
- What were reactions to the Constitutional Convention of 1787?
- Why did the US remain neutral during the French Revolution?
- How did the Alien and Sedition acts contribute to the election of Thomas Jefferson as president?
- What was the US’s reaction to the Haitian revolution? Why did the US not recognize Haitian independence until 1862?
- What were the reactions to John Jay’s Treaty of 1794?
- How have the remarks made by George Washington in his Farewell Address inspired isolationist policies?
- How did interpretations of the Monroe Doctrine change over the decades since its creation?
- How did the Roosevelt Corollary and Lodge Corollary change and expand the Monroe Doctrine?
- How did the presence of US companies like the United Fruit Company affect US military interventions in Latin America?
- How was the Monroe Doctrine invoked in the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962?
- How was US culture shaped by the Cold War?
- How did ecology play a role in the rise of Ancient Egypt?
- How did water management technologies impact Ancient Egypt?
- How did bureaucracies function in Ancient Egypt?
- How did Egyptian art influence Ancient Greek art?
- Who could be a citizen in Athens in the 5th century BCE? What does this tell us about classical Athenian society?
- What was the impact of the Peloponnesian War?
- What was the impact of Alexander the Great’s attempt to create an empire?
- How does the way that Alexander the Great is represented in art demonstrate conceptions about the relationship between the human and the divine?
- Was there a conception of race in the ancient world? How were these ideas different from our own modern conceptions of race?
- What was the role of debt slavery in the Roman republic? How were these policies ended, and what is the significance of the end of debt slavery? What kinds of slavery remained?
- To what degree does the movie Gladiator accurately the Roman Empire in 176–192 CE?
- What was the role of slavery in managing the large latifundia ?
- How and why did the emperor Constantine I adopt Christianity?
- How did patterns of urbanism in the latter Roman empire change? What does this tell us about challenges being faced at that time?
- What do reactions to the Byzantine empress Theodora tell us about ideas of gender in 6th-century Byzantium?
- How did scientific advancements in Islamic Spain influence the rest of Europe?
- What was the relationship between Muslim, Christian, and Jewish populations in Islamic Spain? How does this compare to the experience of Muslim and Jewish populations in Christian Spain?
- How did medieval troubadour poetry represent a new idea of romantic relationships?
- What are similarities and differences between medieval troubadour poetry and lyric poetry in Ancient Greece?
- What do letters between women and popes tell us about gender, power, and religion in medieval Europe?
- In what ways was Hildegard of Bingen groundbreaking for her time?
- Who produced beer in medieval England, and what does this tell us about society?
- How did the adoption of hops affect the production and distribution of beer?
- How did beer production allow some women a way to be financially independent?
- How was clothing used to mark religious and cultural identities in 15th- and 16th-century Spain?
- How did print culture change relationships and courting in Georgian England?
- How did churches function as social gathering spaces in Georgian England?
- To what degree is Netflix’s Bridgerton series historically accurate?
- How did ideas of love change in the 18th century? How did philosophy play a role in this?
- When were Valentine cards first commercially available? What does that show us about cultural ideas of love and courtship?
- What were the consequences of the desertification of the Sahara?
- How did trade links on the Red Sea influence Nubian culture?
- How did Carthage build power in Northern Africa around 600–500 BCE?
- What was the impact of the Mercenary War (241–238 BCE) in Carthage?
- How did the Roman province of Africa play a key role in financing the Roman Empire?
- What were the consequences of the Donatist division in the 300s in Northern Africa?
- What was the impact of the large-scale movement of Bedouins from the Arabian peninsula into the Maghreb?
- How was Mande society organized in the Mali Empire?
- What was the role of the book trade in Timbuktu? What does this tell us about culture and learning in the Mali Empire?
- How did Aksum use trade to build wealth and power?
- What do Nok terracotta sculptures tell us about Nok culture?
- How did the Luba Empire create a centralized political system? How did the idea of spiritual kins ( balopwe ) play a role in this system?
- How did tax collection work in the Lunda empire?
- What does it mean to say that the Ajuran Empire was a hydraulic empire? How did control over water resources allow the Ajuran Empire to build and consolidate power?
- What is the significance of diplomatic ties between the Somai Ajuran Empire and Ming dynasty China?
- How did the tribute system in the Kingdom of Kongo help to stimulate interregional trade?
- What was the impact of the introduction of maize and cassava to the Kingdom of Kongo?
- How did women wield influence in the Kingdom of Benin?
- How did the Industrial Revolution in Europe help lead to the Scramble for Africa 1878–1898?
- What were the consequences of the Second Boer War?
- What happened in the Year of Africa (1960)?
- How did the Han dynasty consolidate power in frontier regions?
- How and why did the Han dynasty nationalize the private salt and iron industries in 117 BCE?
- What are the earliest records of papermaking, and what is the significance of this invention?
- What was the role of Daoist religious societies in rebellions at the end of the Han dynasty (Yellow Turban Rebellion, Five Pecks of Rice Rebellion)?
- What do tomb paintings tell us about ancient Chinese society?
- What was the impact of the Sui dynasty’s standardization and re-unification of the coinage?
- What was the role of standardized testing in Sui dynasty and Tang dynasty China?
- Why is the Tang dynasty often regarded as a golden age of cosmopolitan culture in Chinese history?
- What was the role of slavery in imperial China?
- How did the rise of jiedushi (regional military governments) undermine the civil-service system? What were the consequences of this?
- How did Tang dynasty China exert power over Japan and Korea?
- What was the Three Departments and Six Ministries system in imperial China and how did it work?
- What does the appearance of Inca, Maya, and Aztec goods in North America (Utah, Canada) and the appearance of goods from the Great Lakes region in Maya and Aztec ruins tell us about trade in the Pre-Columbian Americas?
- How did celebration of maize play a central role in Mesoamerican cultures?
- How did the Aztec empire use relationships with client city-states to establish power? How did the Aztec empire use taxation to exert power?
- How did the luxury good trade impact Aztec political power?
- How did the building of roads play a key role in the Aztec empire?
- How and why has archaeology played a pivotal role in expanding our understanding of the pre-Columbian Americas?
- What are some common misconceptions about the Americas in the year 1491? Why do these misconceptions exist?
Latin American History (post-1492)
- How and why did the Spanish appropriate Aztec sites of significance (e.g. Mexico City at the site of Tenochtitlan)?
- What were reactions among Latin American intellectuals (e.g. Luis María Drago, Alejandro Álvarez and Baltasar Brum) to the Monroe Doctrine?
- How was the US’s involvement in the Venezuela Crisis of 1902–1903 a pivotal turning point in the relationship between the US and Latin American countries?
- What were the effects of the US’s involvement in the Cuban War for Independence?
- How did the Roosevelt Corollary of 1904 benefit the US?
- How did Simon Bolivar’s time in Europe affect his ideas about Latin American independence?
- How did 19th century academic societies play a role in the advancement of scientific discoveries? Who was excluded from these societies?
- How was music connected to the sciences in medieval thinking?
- When was the concept of zero first used, and how was it instrumental for advancements in math?
- What role did Islamic Spain play in the spread of scientific advancements in medieval Europe?
- What role has translation between languages played in the development of sciences?
- Why were Galileo’s ideas about astronomy controversial at the time?
- What was the connection between art and advancements in human anatomy?
- Why were Darwin’s ideas about natural selection controversial at the time?
- To what degree does the film Master and Commander accurately depict the voyages of Charles Darwin?
- How did the discovery of quinine and other medical innovations help to facilitate the European colonization of Africa?
- How and why was the internet invented?
- Does Virgil’s Aeneid celebrate the new Roman Empire or subvert it?
- Why was the poet Ovid exiled from Rome?
- What are the pagan influences in Beowulf ? What are the Christian elements in Beowulf ? What does that tell us about late Anglo-Saxon England?
- How does Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales reflect gender roles in late medieval England?
- How does Dante’s Inferno draw on book IV of Virgil’s Aeneid ?
- How are gender roles presented and subverted in Shakespeare’s plays?
- To what degree did Henry David Thoreau live out the ideals he described in Walden in his own life?
- How did the serialized publication of novels affect the way that they were written?
- Does Dickens’ novel A Tale of Two Cities accurately portray the French Revolution?
- How did 18th-century novels propagate the idea of marrying for love?
- What did contemporary readers think about Jane Austen and her novels?
- To what degree do Jane Austen’s novels reflect economic realities for women in Regency England? What do they leave out?
- How did Lord Byron’s personal life affect his poetry?
- What do we know about the romantic life of Emily Dickinson?
- What were the religious movements that influenced the writer George Eliot, and how do those influences appear in her novels?
- In what ways were Walt Whitman’s writings new or different?
- How did British poets react to the horrors of Word War I?
- What do Tolkien’s letters reveal about the ways in which the two world wars influenced his writings?
- How did the friendship between CS Lewis and Tolkien affect their respective writings?
- What are the arguments for and against Catalonian independence from Spain?
- What are the arguments for and against Scottish independence from the United Kingdom?
- What are some risks of contact sports, especially for children?
- What are the most effective policies for combating childhood obesity?
- What are the most effective policies for reducing gun violence?
- Which countries have the longest life expectancy and why?
- What are some differences between the healthcare system in the US and in European countries? Which country has the most similar system to the US?
- What policies for parental leave exist in different countries? What are some effects of these policies?
- Has the drinking age in the US always been 21? What have been some different policies, and what were some consequences of them?
- What is the debate around museum artifacts like the Elgin Marbles in London or the Benin Bronzes in Berlin?
- How have politicians attempted to control population growth in different countries, either directly or indirectly? What have been some effects of these policies?
- Which countries have the most gender parity reflected in national governments? How have they accomplished this?
- How has public funding of K-12 education changed since the 1930s in the US?
- How has public funding of higher education changed in the US?
- What is early childhood education like in different countries?
- What are some effects of free or reduced-cost meals in schools?
- How does access to menstrual products affect education outcomes for girls in different countries?
- What was the impact of Rousseau’s writings on education?
- How did Plato’s ideal forms of government reflect contemporary Athenian concerns about the unruly masses ( demos )?
- How did Aristotle justify slavery?
- How has wealth inequality increased in recent decades?
- How is inflation calculated, and what are the implications of this methodology?
- How have genetically-engineered crops changed the way that the planet feeds itself?
- How has animal testing changed since 2000?
- How is animal testing regulated differently in different countries?
Health Sciences and Psychology
- How do different societies reflect the natural circadian rhythms of the human body?
- How does secondhand smoke affect the human body?
- How does lack of sleep affect the body?
- How does stress affect the body?
- What are some ways to reduce stress?
- How have cancer treatments changed in the past 30 years?
- Why is it hard to find a “cure” for cancer?
- How has the Human Genome Project changed medical science?
- How were the Covid vaccines developed so quickly? What is the difference between the various Covid vaccines that have been developed?
Ready to start working on your research paper?
Our Ivy-League tutors can provide one-on-one writing coaching . Get expert help in selecting a topic that fits your assignment, finding research sources, creating an outline, drafting your paper, and revising for clarity.
Our writing coaches have helped students turn B- papers to A+ papers with just a few sessions together. We have experience working with students of all ages and writing abilities, from middle school students to college students at the nation’s top universities. What’s more, we’ll teach you how to write so that it’s easier the next time around!
A few times per year we also offer our bestselling academic writing workshop . Save your spot here !
99 Great Handpicked Ideas for Argumentative Essays 12 Essential Steps for Writing an Argumentative Essay The 13 SAT and ACT Grammar Rules to Know 16 Essential Literary Devices to Know
Emily graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University and holds an MA from the University of Notre Dame. She was a National Merit Scholar and has won numerous academic prizes and fellowships. A veteran of the publishing industry, she has helped professors at Harvard, Yale, and Princeton revise their books and articles. Over the last decade, Emily has successfully mentored hundreds of students in all aspects of the college admissions process, including the SAT, ACT, and college application essay.
CHECK OUT THESE RELATED POSTS
25 PSAT Tips: Advice from a Top 1% Scorer
February 24, 2023
Proven PSAT tips from a top-scorer and National Merit Scholar. Check out the 25 small steps to improve your PSAT score before and during the test, and...
PSAT Score Ranges: How to Understand and Learn From PSAT Scores
January 4, 2023
What’s the range for PSAT scores, and how can students use high scores on the PSAT to win big scholarships? We share expert strategy advice to improve…
What is the PSAT? A Princeton grad explains why this “practice” test can matter
January 2, 2023
A Princeton grad explains everything you need to know about the PSAT, and how students can use this test to earn up to $300k in just 3 hours by...
How long is the PSAT? Plus Updates for the New 2023 Digital PSAT
December 23, 2022
How long is the PSAT, and how is it changing in 2023? A National Merit Scholar explains the PSAT, including how to earn a high score and win college scholarships...
Average PSAT Scores: See How Your Score Compares
What’s the average score for the PSAT, and how can you use that data to plan for the SAT and college admissions? We share expert test prep strategy advice from Princeton grads to improve…
National Merit PSAT Scores: How to earn $300k in 3 hours with a great test score
A former National Merit Scholar explains what PSAT scores students need to win scholarships through the National Merit program. Cutoffs vary by state, so...
10 Easy SAT Writing Tips to Get a Perfect Score
Strategies from a perfect 800 scorer on how to ace the SAT Writing & Language section. Follow these 10 easy tips to increase your SAT scores and...
What is a Good PSAT Score? See What Scores You Need on the PSAT
December 20, 2022
What’s a good score for the PSAT? We use data to answer this question and provide guidance on how to achieve a great PSAT score and win scholarships…
What Does Test Optional Mean in 2023? — How to Decide Whether to Submit Your Test Scores
December 8, 2022
What test-optional means, how you can use this information to prepare for college applications, and a definitive way to determine if you should submit test scores...
How to Write a “Why This College” Essay + Examples that Worked for the Ivy League
Supplemental essays are the most overlooked part of college applications — but they're actually very important! Here's how to write a “why this college” essay that will convince admissions officers you'd be a great fit for their school.
Privacy Preference Center
Research Paper Guide
Research Paper Topics
250+ Interesting Research Paper Topics for 2022
22 min read
Published on: Dec 5, 2017
Last updated on: May 26, 2023
On This Page On This Page
There are a number of tasks you will have to face when you enroll in a college. Most students feel stressed and tired, particularly when it comes to writing a research paper.
Some say the hardest part of drafting a text is to get started. However, selecting good research topics even precedes the starting point. This practice takes a lot of time and creativity. Therefore, exploring this complete guide will give you plenty of topic ideas in no time.
Most of the time, the instructors assign a list of topics to the students. While sometimes, they give you the freedom to come up with the topic of your choice.
This is where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy. The essay experts at MyPerfectWords.com have collected impressive ideas for your paper. We will assist you in turning an average research paper into an exceptional one.
How to Find a Good Research Paper Topic?
There are some special techniques you should follow to pick the right research paper topic. Follow the easy steps below to find good research paper topics.
1. Conduct Background Research
The first step is to conduct detailed background research by reviewing the existing literature. It will help to identify the history of a well-defined research problem. Similarly, it will also assist in developing research questions and a thesis statement .
2. Brainstorm Topic Ideas
Brainstorm research topic ideas and make a list of the general subjects. Narrow down to a specific field of study and choose the one that interests you the most. It is the key to producing an interesting and impressive writing piece.
You can further take help from your professor to identify a unique idea to write a research paper. Remember, it would be better to avoid controversial topics for research papers if you are not confident about justifying them.
3. Find Relevant Information
The next step is to find relevant information about your chosen topic. For this, read different points of view available on the internet. Also, consult scholarly sources like books and peer-reviewed articles to keep the facts straight and referable.
4. Use Keywords
Try to come up with a keyword and reach the best-suited topic according to your subject and preference. For example, the keyword ‘violence’ can provide you with a number of choices. It may include gun violence, domestic violence, and other essay topics related to abuse.
This step serves as a crucial strategy to grab the reader’s attention.
5. Keep Your Audience in Mind
Always keep your target audience in mind. It is another important element in selecting your high-school or college research paper topics.
For this, a writer must strictly comply with the instructor's preference and requirements. Make sure your topic gets approved before you begin with the writing process.
What is a Good Topic for a Research Paper?
A good research topic is the one that has the following characteristics;
Specific and Solid - the aims of research and expected results should be clear.
Original and Unique - a good research topic should be original. And the research should be aimed to be unique and never done before.
Extremely Important - It should be significant for the society, community, or to a field of study.
Relevant - It should be relevant for the readers.
Trending - These kinds of topics are the ones that spark interest among the readers and keep them interested.
What are the 6 Types of Research Questions?
Here are the 6 important types of research questions that you should know about when creating it for your research paper.
- Exploratory Questions - These questions are designed to explore the question in detail.
- Predictive Questions - These questions are used to predict the results of the research.
- Interpretive Questions - Interpretive research is conducted in the participants’ natural setting. These questions interpret how a group shares experiences.
- Descriptive Questions - It is a basic kind of question and it describes the main research topic in detail.
- Comparative Questions - Comparative questions compare one thing or occurrence with another.
- Relationship-based Questions - These questions are about understanding the relation between different variables.
Best Research Paper Topics 2022
Here are some impressive and easy research paper topics to write an extraordinary paper.
Research Paper Topics on Marketing and Business
- Explain workforce rules and regulations in Texas.
- How can we stop corporate abuse?
- Small business innovations to grow your business setup.
- Ways to reduce taxes in small businesses.
- Effective tips for women in business.
- How has marketing etiquette changed in the last few years?
- Why are stock markets becoming more popular?
- What are the positive effects of relationship marketing?
- How globalization impacts brand marketing?
- Can women prove to be better marketing experts than men?
Research Paper Topics on Economics
- Discuss Balanced vs. Unbalanced growth.
- How to improve the quality of life in developing countries?
- Ways to measure and manage inflation.
- Demand and supply analysis - A complete guide
- History trends in Income disparity.
- An easy guideline for property rights.
- Standards versus taxes as policy instruments.
- Explain the difference between private and public finance.
- Understanding the dynamics of economics and culture influence.
- Immigration and its impacts on the economy
Research Paper Topics on Current Affairs
- How has feminism changed over the years?
- Has the “Black Lives Matter” movement reduced racism in the United States?
- Are we moving towards World War 3?
- Has China decided to tackle its pollution problem?
- India: A poor nation or a superpower?
- Is the U.S. economy becoming stronger or weaker?
- How important is it to reduce the Federal budget deficit?
- How can police departments minimize the danger to officers from shooters?
- How can Chicago reduce the amount of violence and murders in the city?
- Should it be easier for people to become United States citizens?
Research Paper Topics on Education
- Should American students take a gap year between school and college?
- Discuss the concept of homeschool along with its benefits.
- Education and funding - A complete overview.
- Pros and cons of standardized tests - Discuss briefly.
- Do college students make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children.
- Benefits and risks of social networking in school.
- The role of technology in lesson planning.
Research Paper Topics on English Literature
- Similarities and differences between Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.
- Do you believe that Dickens failed after turning to serious and romantic novels?
- Examine controversies associated with Shakespeare.
- Literature as an instrument of propaganda.
- The American Dream in the 20th century’s literature.
- Religion and literature in a secular age.
- Discuss the works of Hemingway.
- Why did “Harry Potter” become so popular?
- Classify artificial languages in literature.
- What is the role of mythology in English literature?
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
College Research Paper Topics
- IELTS vs. TOEFL - Discuss the similarities and differences.
- College admission policies and criteria in the United States.
- How to plan for paying college tuition?
- Elaborate on ACT vs. SAT.
- Benefits of Distance learning.
- Impacts of China's one-child policy.
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- Effect of the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
High School Research Paper Topics
- Discuss methods to prevent bullying at high schools.
- Study the ways to plan for high school tuition.
- How to handle diseases like AIDS?
- Future of science: Expectations vs Reality.
- Discuss political issues in the Middle East.
- Discuss the personality of Bill Clinton as a politician.
- Critically analyze the revolution of terrorism in the modern world.
- Developing relationships on the internet must be avoided. Why?
- How natural disasters have affected developing states?
- Examine Barack Obama’s life before and after the presidency.
Research Paper Topics on Health
- Effects of Fast-food culture on regional cuisines.
- Should there be a minimum weight limit for models?
- Unique school lunch ideas for kids.
- Should steroids be legalized?
- Should indoor smoking be banned by the government?
- The politics of climate change in Canada.
- Deafness and other communication disorders in children.
- Eye disease, vision health, and blindness - Major symptoms and causes.
- A detailed guide to Global health security - Threats and opportunities.
- Effects on household air pollution on human health.
Research Paper Topics on Abortion
- Critical analysis of the Unborn Victims of Violence Act.
- How to protect abortion clinics and the rights to protest?
- Facts of the Partial-birth abortion.
- Can abortion be viewed as murder?
- Is it right for abortion clinics to profit from terminating pregnancies?
- Adverse psychological effects on families that decided to do an abortion.
- Abortion as an ethical problem.
- Correlation between religion and abortion.
- The number of abortions may affect the birth rate - Discuss?
- The prohibition of abortion may have dreadful consequences.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Causes of depression among youth.
- Define Memory and its types.
- Why do we dream?
- Criminal psychology vs. Forensic psychology.
- Child abuse - Ways to prevent it.
- The relation between obesity and watching TV.
- Discuss the psychological reasons for mental stress.
- Elaborate on the link between mental health and child obesity.
- Are later mental health issues related to childhood trauma?
- Divorce – The influence on children
Related: Psychology Research Topics - 200+ Interesting Ideas
Research Paper Topics on Adoption
- Foster care: Issues and Concerns
- An overview of children with special needs.
- How is cross-cultural adoption raising sensitive issues?
- Psychological issues faced adopted children.
- Standard procedures of same-sex couples looking to adopt.
- Adult adoption - Discuss complete processes and laws.
- Positive and negative aspects of DNA profiling.
- Discuss the problems after adopting a child.
- Open adoption is the biggest lie. Discuss.
- Should adopted children be allowed to contact their real parents?
Research Paper Topics on Information Technology
- Instant messaging affects literacy. Discuss the reasons?
- Violent video games are the reason for juvenile delinquency.
- Best Spotify and related apps you should try.
- Discuss the long-term effects of living in a technological world.
- How has social media helped to solve world problems?
- Information technologies and the internet has made work from home the norm. Explain.
- Impacts of digital learning on schools and education.
- How technology is impacting globalization and the global economy?
- How can people use information technology to change the world?
- The Internet does need control and censorship. Comment.
Research Paper Topics on Media and Communication
- Say NO to online censorship.
- Ways to detect bias in the news media?
- Impacts of advertising on children.
- Reality TV - How it works?
- Freedom of speech - Why is it an important right?
- Explore the examples of political correctness.
- Significance of media in war against crimes.
- Examine the concept of freedom & rights of expression in a democratic state.
- Describe the conflict between Media and religion.
- Discuss the history of the film industry.
Research Paper Topics on Computer Science
- Open Source software and its importance.
- Everything you need to know about Blockchain.
- A beginner’s guide to SEO basics.
- Is Mac safer than windows?
- Is Artificial Intelligence the right thing to do?
- Neuron networks and machine learning.
- What is the importance of big data analysis?
- All about computer assistance in support services.
- Concept of database architecture and management.
- Digital security vs private information.
Sociological Research Paper Topics
- Overview of Gun laws in the United States.
- Hate crime - A brief review.
- How to prevent identity theft?
- Discuss the causes and types of Poverty.
- Trends and patterns in interracial marriage.
- Airline safety tips - A beginner’s guide.
- Impacts of social media on youth.
- 5 Types of Birth control options.
- A critical analysis of youth cultures.
- Class Conflict in the 21st century
Related: Interesting Sociology Research Topics & Ideas for Students
Research Paper Topics on Religion
- Discuss the popular new age religions.
- How do religions influence morality?
- Elaborate on the concept of freedom of religion.
- Briefly discuss the world's religions with no god.
- The rise of modernism in Religion.
- Christianity and the global economic order.
- What is the role of the Church in the 19th century’s social action?
- American’s view of Church sex abuse scandals.
- Ways to handle religion in the workplace.
- Discuss the relationship between world religions and science.
Research Paper Topics on Bullying
- Top punishments for bullying.
- Cyberbullying and how to stop it.
- Types and consequences of Individual bullying.
- Should laws be enforced to stop bullying?
- Can bullying be a cause for murder?
- What should school authorities do to fight to bully?
- How to identify and manage workplace bullying?
- What does it feel like to be bullied?
- Do bullies specifically choose their targets in school?
- Do people abandon unwanted behavior when they graduate school?
Research Paper Topics on Culture
- Explore the evolution of rap music.
- Is Ethnic conflict avoidable?
- Does religion influence culture and to what extent?
- How do different cultures deal with deaths?
- Culture of my community - A detailed overview
- Gender roles in different cultures - A cross-cultural perspective.
- Discuss the History of cultural revolutions.
- 10 most prominent cultural events of the 20th century.
- Struggles of Interracial Relationships
- The power of Mentoring minorities in the workplace.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Who is to blame for homelessness?
- What should the ideal age for alcohol consumption be?
- Curfews for young adults - Discuss the reasons and consequences
- Can a family survive on the US minimum wage?
- Money itself isn’t the cause of evil but how you choose to use it.
- The death sentence should be activated in every country of the world.
- Smoking in public places has to be banned.
- Should court proceedings be documented for television?
- Why should we lower the voting age?
- Pros and cons of globalization
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- Kids should be allowed to have their own pets. Elaborate on the reasons.
- Reasons why junk meals must be banned from schools.
- Analyze the productive ways to spend money.
- Parents should be more engaged in the educational process. Why?
- Vaccines have more negative effects than positive ones. Discuss.
- Patients with chronic diseases should be sent to mental hospitals.
- Why is it important to stop the production and selling of weapons?
- What are the major reasons to remain honest in life situations?
- Hobbies do help people with their careers. How?
- Why is an effective time management strategy important for jobs?
History Research Paper Topics
- Cause of the decline of the Mughal dynasty.
- How did the Roman Empire fall?
- Effects Julius Caesar had in Rome.
- How did Genghis Khan conquer Persia?
- Discuss the use of weapons in Ancient Civilizations.
- Bridal Ceremonies in Ancient Rome - A brief overview.
- Social Relationships in Medieval Europe - A case study.
- Understanding the impacts of Apartheid.
- Describe the main causes of the Thirty Years War.
- History of gender bias in England.
Research Paper Topics on Arts
- Differences in the Italian Renaissance and Northern Renaissance.
- Impacts famous artists had on the world.
- Explain the art of Ancient Egypt.
- Art therapy is used to heal people. How?
- Is photography an art?
- Discuss the history of the Bauhaus Movement.
- Discuss the concept of censorship in art.
- Digital art and its rise.
- Hollywood vs. Bollywood.
- Fine art vs. Folk art.
Easy Research Paper Topics
- Steps involved in making a music video?
- Discuss the factors that can stop sexual harassment.
- The negative impacts of feminism on the employment culture.
- How to deal with personality orders?
- Why white-collar jobs losing their significance?
- Discuss the consequences of homeschooling.
- Effects of using plastic bags.
- How to solve the issue of gender discrimination at workplaces?
- Factors that can influence the behavior of an individual.
- Impacts of social networks on mental health
Research Paper Topics on World Problems
- Discuss the examples of human rights violations.
- Consequences of the shortage of natural resources.
- What is the difference between global warming and climate change?
- The crisis of water pollution and shortage.
- Violence and Conflict Resolution in the changing world order.
- World Trade and Tourism - A global agenda for sustainable development.
- How can we overcome the challenge of corruption in governance?
- Discuss the brief history of space exploration.
- What are the effects of migration on the urban population?
- Discuss top wild animals’ endangered species.
Research Paper Topics on Criminal Justice
- Should the police use body cameras?
- What is White-collar crime? Discuss examples.
- Penalties for DUI (Drinking Under the Influence) should be made stricter. Why?
- Discuss laws that protect animal rights.
- 10 facts about hate crimes.
- Causes of Sexual harassment in the workplace.
- What action should the government take to address police brutality?
- Ethics of Assisted suicide.
- Is it possible to cure a serial killer?
- What can we do to curb domestic violence?
Funny Research Paper Topics
- How companies can improve their odds by becoming a unicorn?
- Pop art vs. lady gaga.
- The art of erasing bad memories and only remembering good ones.
- Can chicken feathers determine the speed of tornados?
- Harry Potter and the world of wizards.
- Do You Love Using Your Surname?
- Why Do Most People Love Watching Funny Animal Videos?
- Do You Know What Your Pet Dog Is Thinking?
- All Men Know How To Pick The Right Clothes.
- School Dropouts Are The Best In Our Society.
Good Research Paper Topics
Here are some good research paper topics for you to choose from for your paper.
US History Research Paper Topics
- The American Revolution
- The American Civil War
- The US Constitution
- The American West
- US Presidents
- US Foreign Policy
- The Cold War
- Civil Rights in America
- Latin America and the US
- The Environmental Movement in America
Research Paper Topics on Social Media
- Social media and its effect on human behavior
- The impact of social media on society
- Social media and marketing
- Social media and cyberbullying
- The rise of social media
- Social media and privacy
- Social media addiction
- How social media is changing the way we communicate
- The pros and cons of social media
- Social media and democracy
Research Paper Topics for English Linguistics
- The history and evolution of the English language
- The different dialects of English and their origins
- The influence of English on other languages
- The impact of technology on the English language
- The role of the media in shaping the English language
- The challenges of teaching English as a second language
- The importance of English in the global context
- The future of the English language
- The impact of globalization on the English language
- The role of English in education.
Controversial Research Paper Topics
- Religious freedom
- Violence in media content.
- The limits of self-defense
- Psychological effects of hate crimes
- Gender equality will never exist.
- The medical tourism issue.
- Bloggers are not journalists.
- Is politics always a dirty game?
- Religion is not based on science
- The ethical issues of human cloning.
Nursing Research Paper Topics
- Causes of childhood obesity
- Psychiatric patient ethics
- Common measles complications in children
- Features of the classification of nurses.
- What is epidural?
- How does alcohol addiction happen?
- Proper treatment of sleep disorders
- Major causes of Type II diabetes.
- Drive-thru pharmacy
- Ethical rules on infertility
Research Paper Topics in Chemistry
- Acids properties
- Lewis structure study
- Gas laws application
- The future of inorganic chemistry
- Define and describe steroids
- What is enzyme kinetics?
- Photons and physical chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Metal oxides in electronics
- The main stages of gasoline production
Ethical Research Paper Topics
- Is donating organs morally justified?
- Ethics and homeless people treatment.
- Is it legal for judges to lie?
- Is assisted suicide not the same as murder?
- The basic notions of ethics
- Bias among employees
- Is it mandatory to give flu shots to kids?
- Role of ethics in friendship
- The issue of truth in ethics
- The correlation between ethics and philosophy
Environmental Research Paper Topics
- Water management
- The scientific standpoint for climate change
- Noise and light pollution
- History of environmental studies
- How and why does acid rain forms?
- Can humans survive without bees?
- Reinforcing the ozone layer: is it possible?
- Evaluate what is meant by urban ecology
- Noise pollution and modernization
- Long-term repercussions of plastic pollution.
Politics Research Paper Topics
- Election ethics
- The interdependence of modern leaders
- The impact of political scandals
- News coverage media bias
- China-US relations in 2022
- The Swedish immigrant crisis
- How did the Afghanistan war start?
- Chinese political thought
- Children soldiers in Africa
- The foreign policy of your country.
Science and Technology Research Paper Topics
- Evolution of war technology
- 5 major fields of robotics
- How to eliminate stalking?
- The impact of digital learning on schools
- Discuss the internet of things story
- How can the internet be improved?
- Types of software security
- IT project management
- Can technology help people quit smoking?
- Cloud computing vs. artificial intelligence
Law Research Paper Topics
- The different types of crime
- Business laws in Africa
- Environmental and wildlife crimes
- The pros and cons of federalism
- Is it time to reform US family law?
- Women and religion
- How does the law regulate drugs?
- The way biometrics affect cybersecurity.
- Importance of capacity to contract
- Intelligent design
Social Research Paper Topics
- Rise of hate groups in society
- How are secure social networks?
- Class and parenting styles
- How has fast food affected society?
- Political culture in the U.S.
- Socialism and its effectiveness
- Class stratification and inequality
- Impact of bullying on mental health
- Importance of marriage
- What are the benefits of arranged marriage?
The above-given interesting research topics will help you write a perfect research paper.
If you still need more good ideas, seeking essay writing help is what most students prefer.
Keep in mind that the writing industry has a lot of fake and inexperienced writers. And if you're not careful, you might be scammed easily. So when choosing a paper writing service, you need to be very careful.
Similarly, most companies do not hire subject specialists with advanced knowledge and expertise. This is where MyPerfectWords.com comes in, the best essay writing service .
Our professionals have Master's and PhD degrees. We work with an aim to provide 100% original and high-quality papers.
Similarly, our company makes sure to assign a subject specialist to work on your research paper at affordable rates. We will not only select research paper topic ideas for you but also assist in writing your paper from scratch.
Simply place your order to get your paper done.
Nova A. (Literature, Marketing)
Nova Allison is a Digital Content Strategist with over eight years of experience. Nova has also worked as a technical and scientific writer. She is majorly involved in developing and reviewing online content plans that engage and resonate with audiences. Nova has a passion for writing that engages and informs her readers.
People also read
Writing A Research Paper - A Step by Step Guide
Research Paper Example - APA and MLA Format
Research Paper Outline - A Complete Guide with Examples
Research Proposal - A Complete Format Guide and Template
How to Start a Research Paper - 7 Easy Steps
How to Write an Abstract - A Step by Step Guide
Learn How To Write A Literature Review In Simple Steps
Qualitative Research - Methods, Types, and Examples
Types Of Qualitative Research - Overview & Examples
Qualitative vs Quantitative Research - Learning the Basics
Psychology Research Topics - 200+ Interesting Ideas
Learn How to Write a Hypothesis in Simple Steps
Types of Research With Examples - A Detailed Guide
Quantitative Research - Types & Data Collection Techniques
Interesting Sociology Research Topics & Ideas for Students
How to Cite a Research Paper - Learn with Helpful Examples
Interesting History Research Paper Topics (2022)
How to Write a Research Methodology for a Research Paper
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
- Chess (Gr. 1-4)
- TV (Gr. 1-4)
- Metal Detectors (Gr. 2-6)
- Tetris (Gr. 2-6)
- Seat Belts (Gr. 2-6)
- The Coliseum (Gr. 2-6)
- The Pony Express (Gr. 2-6)
- Wintertime (Gr. 2-6)
- Reading (Gr. 3-7)
- Black Friday (Gr. 3-7)
- Hummingbirds (Gr. 3-7)
- Worst Game Ever? (Gr. 4-8)
- Carnivorous Plants (Gr. 4-8)
- Google (Gr. 4-8)
- Honey Badgers (Gr. 4-8)
- Hyperinflation (Gr. 4-8)
- Koko (Gr. 4-8)
- Mongooses (Gr. 5-9)
- Trampolines (Gr. 5-9)
- Garbage (Gr. 5-9)
- Maginot Line (Gr. 5-9)
- Asian Carp (Gr. 5-9)
- Tale of Two Countries (Gr. 6-10)
- Kevlar (Gr. 7-10)
- Tigers (Gr. 7-11)
- Statue of Liberty (Gr. 8-10)
- Submarines (Gr. 8-12)
- Castles (Gr. 9-13)
- Gutenberg (Gr. 9-13)
- Author's Purpose Practice 1
- Author's Purpose Practice 2
- Author's Purpose Practice 3
- Fact and Opinion Practice 1
- Fact and Opinion Practice 2
- Fact and Opinion Practice 3
- Idioms Practice Test 1
- Idioms Practice Test 2
- Figurative Language Practice 1
- Figurative Language Practice 2
- Figurative Language Practice 3
- Figurative Language Practice 4
- Figurative Language Practice 5
- Figurative Language Practice 6
- Figurative Language Practice 7
- Figurative Language Practice 8
- Figurative Language Practice 9
- Figurative Language of Edgar Allan Poe
- Figurative Language of O. Henry
- Figurative Language of Shakespeare
- Genre Practice 1
- Genre Practice 2
- Genre Practice 3
- Genre Practice 4
- Genre Practice 5
- Genre Practice 6
- Genre Practice 7
- Genre Practice 8
- Genre Practice 9
- Genre Practice 10
- Irony Practice 1
- Irony Practice 2
- Irony Practice 3
- Making Inferences Practice 1
- Making Inferences Practice 2
- Making Inferences Practice 3
- Making Inferences Practice 4
- Making Inferences Practice 5
- Main Idea Practice 1
- Main Idea Practice 2
- Point of View Practice 1
- Point of View Practice 2
- Text Structure Practice 1
- Text Structure Practice 2
- Text Structure Practice 3
- Text Structure Practice 4
- Text Structure Practice 5
- Story Structure Practice 1
- Story Structure Practice 2
- Story Structure Practice 3
- Author's Purpose
- Context Clues
- Fact and Opinion
- Figurative Language
- Grammar and Language Arts
- Poetic Devices
- Point of View
- Reading Comprehension
- Story Structure
- Text Structure
- Character Traits
- Common Core Aligned Unit Plans
- Teacher Point of View
- Teaching Theme
- Patterns of Organization
- Project Ideas
- Reading Activities
- How to Write Narrative Essays
- How to Write Persuasive Essays
- Narrative Essay Assignments
- Narrative Essay Topics
- Persuasive Essay Topics
- Research Paper Topics
- Rubrics for Writing Assignments
- Learn About Sentence Structure
- Grammar Worksheets
- Noun Worksheets
- Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Punctuation Worksheets
- Sentence Structure Worksheets
- Verbs and Gerunds
- Examples of Allitertion
- Examples of Hyperbole
- Examples of Onomatopoeia
- Examples of Metaphor
- Examples of Personification
- Examples of Simile
- Figurative Language Activities
- Figurative Language Examples
- Figurative Language Poems
- Figurative Language Worksheets
- Learn About Figurative Language
- Learn About Poetic Devices
- Idiom Worksheets
- Online Figurative Language Tests
- Onomatopoeia Worksheets
- Personification Worksheets
- Poetic Devices Activities
- Poetic Devices Worksheets
- About This Site
- Understanding CCSS Standards
- What's New?
Free reading worksheets, activities, and lesson plans., site navigation.
- Learn About Author’s Purpose
- Author’s Purpose Quizzes
- Character Types Worksheets and Lessons
- List of Character Traits
- Differentiated Reading Instruction Worksheets and Activities
- Fact and Opinion Worksheets
- Irony Worksheets
- Animal Farm Worksheets
- Literary Conflicts Lesson and Review
- New Home Page Test
- Lord of the Flies Chapter 2 Worksheet
- Lord of the Flies Chapter 5 Worksheet
- Lord of the Flies Chapter 6 Worksheet
- Lord of the Flies Chapter 10 Worksheet
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
- Sister Carrie
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- The Odyssey
- The War of the Worlds
- The Wizard of Oz
- Mood Worksheets
- Context Clues Worksheets
- Inferences Worksheets
- Main Idea Worksheets
- Making Predictions Worksheets
- Nonfiction Passages and Functional Texts
- Setting Worksheets
- Summarizing Worksheets and Activities
- Short Stories with Questions
- Story Structure Activities
- Story Structure Worksheets
- Tone Worksheets
- Types of Conflict Worksheets
- Reading Games
- Figurative Language Poems with Questions
- Hyperbole and Understatement Worksheets
- Simile and Metaphor Worksheets
- Simile Worksheets
- Hyperbole Examples
- Metaphor Examples
- Personification Examples
- Simile Examples
- Understatement Examples
- Idiom Worksheets and Tests
- Poetic Devices Worksheets & Activities
- Alliteration Examples
- Allusion Examples
- Onomatopoeia Examples
- Onomatopoeia Worksheets and Activities
- Genre Worksheets
- Genre Activities
- Capitalization Worksheets, Lessons, and Tests
- Contractions Worksheets and Activities
- Double Negative Worksheets
- Homophones & Word Choice Worksheets
- ‘Was’ or ‘Were’
- Simple Subjects & Predicates Worksheets
- Subjects, Predicates, and Objects
- Clauses and Phrases
- Type of Sentences Worksheets
- Sentence Structure Activities
- Comma Worksheets and Activities
- Semicolon Worksheets
- End Mark Worksheets
- Noun Worksheets, Lessons, and Tests
- Verb Worksheets and Activities
- Pronoun Worksheets, Lessons, and Tests
- Adverbs & Adjectives Worksheets, Lessons, & Tests
- Preposition Worksheets and Activities
- Conjunctions Worksheets and Activities
- Interjections Worksheets
- Parts of Speech Activities
- Verb Tense Activities
- Past Tense Worksheets
- Present Tense Worksheets
- Future Tense Worksheets
- Point of View Activities
- Point of View Worksheets
- Teaching Point of View
- Cause and Effect Example Paragraphs
- Chronological Order
- Compare and Contrast
- Order of Importance
- Problem and Solution
- Text Structure Worksheets
- Text Structure Activities
- Essay Writing Rubrics
- Narrative Essay Topics and Story Ideas
- Narrative Essay Worksheets & Writing Assignments
- Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
- Persuasive Essay Worksheets & Activities
- Writing Narrative Essays and Short Stories
- Writing Persuasive Essays
- All Reading Worksheets
- Understanding Common Core State Standards
- Remote Learning Resources for Covid-19 School Closures
- What’s New?
- Ereading Worksheets | Legacy Versions
- Online Figurative Language Practice
- Online Genre Practice Tests
- Online Point of View Practice Tests
- 62 School Project Ideas
- 2nd Grade Reading Worksheets
- 3rd Grade Reading Worksheets
- 4th Grade Reading Worksheets
- 5th Grade Reading Worksheets
- 6th Grade Reading Worksheets
- 7th Grade Reading Worksheets
- 8th Grade Reading Worksheets
- 9th Grade Reading Worksheets
- 10th Grade Reading Worksheets
101 research paper topics.
- Why do we sleep ?
- How do GPS systems work?
- Who was the first person to reach the North Pole ?
- Did anybody ever escape Alcatraz ?
- What was life like for a gladiator ?
- What are the effects of prolonged steroid use on the human body?
- What happened during the Salem witch trials ?
- Are there any effective means of repelling insects ?
- How did trains and railroads change life in America?
- What may have occurred during the Roswell UFO incident of 1947?
- How is bulletproof clothing made?
- What Olympic events were practiced in ancient Greece?
- What are the major theories explaining the disappearance of the dinosaurs ?
- How was the skateboard invented and how has it changed over the years?
- How did the long bow contribute to English military dominance?
- What caused the stock market crash of 2008?
- How did Cleopatra come to power in Egypt what did she do during her reign?
- How has airport security intensified since September 11 th , 2001?
- What is life like inside of a beehive ?
- Where did hip hop originate and who were its founders?
- What makes the platypus a unique and interesting mammal?
- How does tobacco use affect the human body?
- How do computer viruses spread and in what ways do they affect computers?
- What is daily life like for a Buddhist monk ?
- What are the origins of the conflict in Darfur ?
- How did gunpowder change warfare?
- In what ways do Wal-Mart stores affect local economies?
- How were cats and dogs domesticated and for what purposes?
- What do historians know about ninjas ?
- How has the music industry been affected by the internet and digital downloading?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the death of Osama Bin Laden ?
- What was the women’s suffrage movement and how did it change America?
- What efforts are being taken to protect endangered wildlife ?
- How much does the war on drugs cost Americans each year?
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- Are humans still evolving ?
- What technologies are available to home owners to help them conserve energy ?
- How have oil spills affected the planet and what steps are being taken to prevent them?
- What was the Magna Carta and how did it change England?
- What is the curse of the pharaohs?
- Why was Socrates executed?
- What nonlethal weapons are used by police to subdue rioters?
- How does the prison population in America compare to other nations?
- How did ancient sailors navigate the globe?
- Can gamblers ever acquire a statistical advantage over the house in casino games?
- What is alchemy and how has it been attempted?
- How are black holes formed?
- How was the assassination of Abraham Lincoln plotted and executed?
- Do the benefits of vaccination outweigh the risks?
- How do submarines work?
- Do lie detector tests accurately determine truthful statements?
- How did Cold War tension affect the US and the world?
- What happened to the lost settlers at Roanoke ?
- How does a hybrid car save energy?
- What ingredients can be found inside of a hotdog ?
- How did Julius Caesar affect Rome?
- What are some common sleep disorders and how are they treated?
- How did the Freedom Riders change society?
- How is internet censorship used in China and around the world?
- What was the code of the Bushido and how did it affect samurai warriors ?
- What are the risks of artificial tanning or prolonged exposure to the sun?
- What programs are available to help war veterans get back into society?
- What steps are involved in creating a movie or television show?
- How have the film and music industries dealt with piracy ?
- How did Joan of Arc change history?
- What responsibilities do secret service agents have?
- How does a shark hunt?
- What dangers and hardships did Lewis and Clark face when exploring the Midwest?
- Has the Patriot Act prevented or stopped terrorist acts in America?
- Do states that allow citizens to carry guns have higher or lower crime rates?
- How are the Great Depression and the Great Recession similar and different?
- What are the dangers of scuba diving and underwater exploration?
- How does the human brain store and retrieve memories ?
- What was the Manhattan Project and what impact did it have on the world?
- How does stealth technology shield aircraft from radar?
- What causes tornadoes ?
- Why did Martin Luther protest against the Catholic Church?
- How does a search engine work?
- What are the current capabilities and future goals of genetic engineers ?
- How did the Roman Empire fall?
- What obstacles faced scientists in breaking the sound barrier ?
- How did the black plague affect Europe?
- What happened to Amelia Earhart ?
- What are the dangers and hazards of using nuclear power ?
- How did Genghis Khan conquer Persia?
- What architectural marvels were found in Tenochtitlan, capital of the Aztec Empire ?
- From where does spam email come and can we stop it?
- How does night vision work?
- How did journalists influence US war efforts in Vietnam ?
- What are the benefits and hazards of medical marijuana ?
- What causes desert mirages and how do they affect wanderers?
- What was the cultural significance of the first moon landing ?
- What are sinkholes and how are they formed?
- Have any psychics ever solved crimes or prevented them from occurring?
- Who is Vlad the Impaler and what is his connection to Count Dracula ?
- What are the risks of climate change and global warming ?
- What treatments are available to people infected with HIV and are they effective?
- Who was a greater inventor, Leonardo di Vinci or Thomas Edison ?
- How are the Chinese and American economies similar and different?
- Why was communism unsuccessful in so many countries?
- In what ways do video games affect children and teenagers?
Mackenah nicole molina.
Wow! I always have trouble deiciding what to do a research project on but this list has totally solved that. Now my only problem is choosing what idea on this list I should do first!
Most of these my teacher rejected because apparently ‘these aren’t grade level topics, and I doubt they interest you”
I’m sorry to hear that. Sounds like you will have a potentially valuable character-building experience in the short-term.
Edwin Augusto Galindo Cuba
THIS SITE IS AWESOME, THERE ARE LOTS OF TOPICS TO LEARN AND MASTER OUR SKILLS!
I need one about animals, please. I have been challenged to a animal research project, Due Friday. I have no clue what to research! somebody help, thanks for reading!
You can do one on bats
For international studies you can do Defense and Security.
This was very helpful.
Research on Ben Franklin? I think THAT will get a real charge out of everyone (hehehehegetit)
“Is it possible to colonize Mars?”
these are silly topics
thx for making this real.
more gaming questions!!!!!!
Is it still considered stealing if you don’t get caught?
Yes, yes it is still considered stealing.
I need topics on memes
Please I need project topics on Language Literature
I would appreciate a list of survey questions for middle school grades 6-8
I need a research topics about public sector management
I NEED FIVE EXAMPLES EACH ON QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH (EDUCATION, HEALTH, TECHNOLOGY, ECONOMY AND ENGINEERING)
publish research that are interesting please……
hey can you do one on the burmiueda triangle
Anybody know video games effect kids,and,teens. There Fun!!
I need a topic about woman history if any of u can find 1 please that would be great!
You could research about the history of the astronauts, and of human past (WWI, WWII, etc.)
so about women? Manitoba Women Win the Right to Vote in Municipal Elections, The First Women, January 23, 1849: Elizabeth Blackwell becomes the first woman to graduate from medical school and become a doctor in the United States, Rosa Parks Civil Rights Equal Pay. I have way more. so if you need more just ask.
communism is good
what are you a communist?!?!
Did FDR know about the upcoming attack on Pearl Harbor on 07 DEC 1941.
do you know how babies are born
kindly assist with a research topic in the field of accounting or auditing
need more about US army
Please can yiu give me a topic in education
I think one should be how can music/Video games can affect the life for people
or How Do Video Games Affect Teenagers?
I think a good topic is supporting the confederate flag!
Need a research topic within the context of students union government and dues payments
do more weird ones plz
Hi pls po can you give me a topic relate for humanities pls thank u.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Author's Purpose Worksheets
- Characterization Worksheets
- Common Core Lesson and Unit Plans
- Online Reading Practice Tests
- Plot Worksheets
- Reading Comprehension Worksheets
- Summary Worksheets
- Theme Worksheets
New and Updated Pages
- Capitalization Worksheets
- Contractions Worksheets
- Double Negatives Worksheets
- Homophones & Word Choice Worksheets
100+ Best Research Paper Topics: How to Choose the Best One
What is the hardest part of creating a compelling research paper? Despite common belief, writing is not the biggest challenge on your way to success. However, developing a good research paper topic can be more complicated than writing the research itself.
While brainstorming some topic ideas, many can experience writer's block, hindering them from coming up with some creative options, which can result in losing the motivation to write. These issues may get in your way, holding you back from creating engaging thesis topics.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free :
So, if you're dealing with the same problem, you might seek solutions here. That's why we will give you some tips to make the whole process easier and share a list of 100 good research topics from our custom essay writing services team.
How to Choose a Topic for a Research Paper
If you feel stuck with choosing a relevant and engaging topic, find a step-by-step guide from our custom research papers team that will help you generate interesting research paper topics with ease below:
Observing Your Interests
What makes a research topic good is your genuine interest in it. Picking a topic, you are personally interested in can motivate you to do an in-depth study of it and make the whole writing process much easier.
Study your range of interests – break them down into separate topics for a research paper and choose one that can create the most interest in revealing the topic. If you seek controversial topics for research paper, it will be a good idea to define your point of view right away — to help refine the direction of your research.
Moreover, don't base your choice of research essay subjects only on what's popular now. Although popular subjects will undoubtedly be noteworthy, lacking enthusiasm might compromise the work's performance.
Make Sure You Have Enough Information to Write a Paper
When picking research paper topics, putting your true interest in the subject should come first while also ensuring ample sources are available.
To produce a successful research paper, you must have access to enough resources like e-books, various academic publications, web materials like blogs and news sites, etc. Access to as many materials as possible will give you enough room to craft a well-analyzed paper.
The more specialized and newer the topic for research is, the less information you are likely to find on it. Therefore, choosing such a topic, you must be ready to face certain challenges in writing. This is not to say that you should choose simple research paper subjects. Remember that a good topic should not be overly basic or wide.
Feeling Stressed Out When Need to Write an Essay?
No panic! One of our skilled writers will craft a well-researched, custom-written paper for you asap!
Follow Your Teacher's Guidelines
Last but not least, bear in mind your teacher's instructions when picking a topic. The requirements and limitations may vary depending on your academic level and your teacher's preferences, and you must bear them in mind. It's recommended that you check your topic choice with your instructor beforehand so that they can provide you with useful suggestions that will streamline your writing process afterward.
Additional Tips for Choosing Good Research Paper Topics
Additional guidance is never too much! Especially when it comes to conducting research. Therefore, here are some more tips for choosing a well-thought-out topic:
- Relevance: The subject matter must be personal to your target audience, even if you're writing on US history research paper topics;
- Specificity: The main purpose and anticipated outcomes of your paper must be well-defined and precise;
- Significance - A good topic should be valuable and have an influence on your audience and the area of interest;
- Popularity: You can aim at trending topics you find interesting to research. Suggesting a different perspective on hot mainstream events usually hooks the audience immediately.
- Originality - To ensure scientific novelty and originality, it's recommended to concentrate your work on a topic that hasn't been studied before or has been purely researched.
We also recommend that you read the article on symbolism in literature . Many of our readers found it interesting.
100 Examples of Interesting Research Paper Topics
Now that you know what a good topic should look like, let us give you some great research paper ideas to help you get on track. In the list below, you can find the top 100 interesting topics to research, selected by our team.
College Research Paper Topics
College students first face research paper writing assignments during the first year. These topics to write about will do for the freshmen!Deciding on a research topic is especially challenging for college students considering the density of school requirements. Don't worry, though; these topics will do just right for the freshmen!
- Who Provides the Money for International Conflicts?
- Effects of World Wars on World Peace
- The Effects of Class Size on Student Performance
- Using Blockchain to Speed Up Transactions between Small and Medium-Sized Businesses (SMEs)
- Do Firms Run by Women Have a Higher Success Rate than Men?
- Does a CEO's Choice of Leadership Style Have an Impact on How Well a Business Performs?
- The Difficulties of Implementing Flexible Working Arrangements
- Are Influencers on Social Media More Effective at Marketing?
- The Advantages of Non-Disclosure Agreements for Commercial Operations
- Does Pollution Cause the Earth to Cure Itself?
High School Research Paper Topics
High school teachers do not assign research papers often. Still, explore this list of easy research paper topics to be on the wave! Use these as good topics for research paper in middle school as well.
- Talk About the Most Notable Benefits and Drawbacks of Standardized Testing
- Which Historical Event Affected Your Country the Most?
- How Students' Mental Health Is Cared for in Public Schools
- How Can Humanity Protect Coral Reefs?
- How Have Online Streaming Platforms Assisted Music Evolution?
- How Well-Known Musicians Influence Pop Music
- The Most Important Advancements in Healthcare Financing
- Discuss the Environmental Benefits of Green Buildings
- The Environmental Effects of Disposable Products
- Describe the Main Advantages of Group Projects for High School Students
Psychology Research Paper Topics for College Students
If you'd rather conduct a deeper analysis on more comprehensive issues in psychology, be sure to cite these psychology research paper topics using APA or MLA format.
- Explain the Correlation between Teenage Body Dysmorphia and Daily Social Media Exposure.
- Belief Formation in Conspiracy Theories from a Psychological Perspective
- Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Stress and Anxiety in College Students
- Effects of Childhood Trauma on Adult Attachment and Relationship Patterns
- The Role of Practicing Gratitude in Promoting Spiritual Health and Contentment
- Investigating Psychological Factors Affecting Decision-Making in Advocacy for Climate Change
- Impact of Pet Ownership on Mental Health
- Effects of Sleep Patterns on Emotion Regulation and Brain Performance
- Analysis of the Cognitive Mechanisms Underlying Procrastination and Motivation
- The Influence of Occupational Stress on Emotional Exhaustion and Disengagement
Science Research Paper Topics
A scientific study is the heart of any research paper. Discover the top-recommended scientific ideas.
- The Impacts of Climate Change on Wildlife and Ecosystems
- Obstacles Faced by Scientists in Breaking the Sound Barrier
- Nuclear Energy: Its Opportunities & Threats
- Technologies Available to Households to Assist Them in Conserving Energy
- The Risks & Possible Adverse Outcomes of Using Nuclear Power
- Discuss the Health Implications of Healing from COVID-19 Illness.
- Discuss Recent Medical Breakthroughs
- Describe the Most Current Advancements in Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- Why Does Washing Your Hands Reduce Infection Risk?
- Examine the Potential for Space Resources and the Extraction Technique
Religion & Literature Research Paper Topics
This list of literature topics for research paper is for students who love reading. Let us help you choose the best English research paper topics to analyze.
- Reasons Why the Bible Should Be Viewed as Literature
- The Controversies Concerning Shakespearean Authorship
- Exploring the Divine Comedy as the World's Masterpiece
- Compare Anna Karenina with Madame Bovary
- The Metaphysical in Donne's Poetry
- Can Buddhism and Science Coexist?
- Islamic Cultures Throughout History
- How Do Different Religious Beliefs Impact the Market?
- Democracy and Religious Belief Systems
- Religious Systems Using Global Cultural Models
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
In argumentative research paper topics, a writer should take a particular position. Choose a debate and think about which side you support.
- Should the Government Regulate Social Media Use?
- Are Traditional Classroom Courses Being Replaced by Online Ones?
- Should Supermarkets Be Able to Sell GMO Food?
- Do Young People Respond Favorably or Unfavorably to Famous Role Models?
- Do Governments Need to Provide Funding for Space Exploration?
- Should College Students Become Involved in Politics to Strengthen the Democratic System?
- Is Studying in a Single-Gender Class More Effective than in a Mixed-Gender Class?
- How May the Educational System in the United States Be Changed?
- How Has Social Media Become a Significant Cause of Teen Inferiority Complexes?
- Should Recruiters Take into Account a Candidate's Social Media Profiles?
Good US History Research Paper Topics
Do you need US history topics for research paper covering the United States and the world? We have examples of both!
- The Blackwell Companion to Religion in the United States
- A Revolution Down on the Farm of Northern America
- American Agriculture: Its Social History
- In the Past Lane: Historical Perspectives on the Culture of the US
- The Dynamics of American Politics: Approaches & Explanations
- Presidential Campaigns & Self-Images
- The Market Revolution: Jacksonian US
- The Battle Cry of Freedom: The Civil War Epoch
- Yankees Today: Immigrants from Europe
- The Guide to the US Females in the XIX Century
Human Rights & Human Resource Paper Topics
Some persuasive research paper topics for high school students include those dedicated to our rights.
- The Effects of Diversity and Inclusion Programs on Employee Happiness and Corporate Culture
- Human Rights Abuses in the World's Textile Sector
- Ways to Motivate Employees to Work Harder
- Whistleblowing and the Problems Associated with It
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI): How It Works
- Getting Rid of Stress at the Workplace
- Benefit Programs Every Business Is Obligated to Provide
- The Impact of Wages on the Productivity of Employees
- Ways Businesses Can Adequately Protect Their Private Information
- Strategies Companies Can Use to Hire Qualified Staff More Efficiently
Law Enforcement Topics for Research Paper
Are you studying in a Law School? Are you attending MBA courses? In both situations, you will need a list of excellent topics on various regulations, legal cases, legislation, etc.
- Racial Discrimination: The Causes of Racial Injustice as Experienced by Individuals Worldwide
- The Impact of Gender Discrimination on Existing Laws and Regulations
- Things They Must Change to Assist Officers with Getting to the Scene of Crime Quicker
- Typical Offenses Committed by Juveniles
- The Impact of Racial Profiling on the Riots
- Border Patrol: How Do People Receive Illegal Substances into Their States When Crossing the Border?
- Does the Government Provide Sufficient Funding to Ensure Community Safety?
- How Are Explosive Devices Set Off?
- The Length of Hours the Police Officer Must Spend Training
- Emergency Measures for Large Populations
Environmental Research Paper Topics
The more we learn about why things occur in nature, the more we will be able to mitigate or eliminate them. It is crucial to keep broadening our horizons, and one way to do this is through knowing more about ecology, the environment, and scientific research. Here are some environmental research paper topics that open up a meaningful debate:
- Strategies to Involve Policymakers in Environmental Protection and Climate Change Problems.
- Challenges Involved in Maintaining Ecological and Natural Resources Sustainably.
- Outdoor Activities and the Effects of Climate Change
- The Paris Agreement's Role in Managing Climate Change
- The Relationship Between Population Growth and Climate Change
- How the Oil and Gas Sector Mitigates Its Effects on Climate Change
- Is a Nation Devoid of Pollution a Reality or Just an Unrealistic Dream?
- Effects of Greenwashing on Consumers' Perceptions of Climate Change
- The Role of Religious Organizations in Tackling Climate Change
- Advantages of Educating Young People About Climate Change
Criminal Justice Topics for Research Paper
A critical component of contemporary society is the criminal justice system. The following criminal justice research paper topics can provide light on the present system and offer suggestions for how to make it better.
- Inequalities Based on Race in the Criminal Justice System
- Young Offenders and the Juvenile Justice System
- Considering the Effectiveness of Existing Criminal Justice Policies and Practices
- Community Impacts of Mass Incarceration
- The Function of Technology in Criminal Cases
- Analysis of Police Officers Abusing Their Power
- How Might Economic Crime Be Cut Down?
- Ads to Prevent Drunk Driving
- Analysis of the Street Environment and the Rate of Unemployment
- Measures to Punish Animal Cruelty
Business Research Paper Topics
Students who are getting ready to obtain their Business Administration degrees should focus on the following topics:
- Entrepreneurship Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Moral Decisions that Have a Bad Commercial Consequences
- The Impact of War on Business Earnings
- Corporate Financial Support for Regional Development
- Financial Difficulties Faced by Businesses in Emerging Economies
- Modern Project Management Strategies
- The Impact of Technological Advancements on Managerial Techniques
- The Link Between Employee Productivity and Remuneration
- Things that Make Young Startups Fail During the First Couple of Years
- Crowdfunding & Outsourcing: Contemporary Financing Techniques
'I need help with writing my essay ' - you may think sometimes. Need a hand with history essay writing ? Address to our team of professional writers.
Let's sum up how to choose a good research paper topic:
- Gather with other students, mates, or family members to generate ideas. List each of them.
- Choose 3-5 most relevant concepts, read some general articles about each of them to pick your favorite one, and make sure there is related information you can use.
- Make sure the topic is manageable and narrow.
- Follow the guidelines specified by your tutor.
Picking the perfect topic for your research paper can be hard. To help you get on the right track, we have outlined 100 interesting research topics. Hopefully, this article will help you understand how to create a good topic.
Don't know how to cite a paper in APA , or do you also have some challenging other assignments? Get help from our service - order your essay on any literary topics for research paper you need.
If you lack time, experience, or inspiration, the team of our service is always ready to come to your rescue. We provide students with assistance in writing custom research papers of any complexity. Send us your request if you need additional help with any of your academic matters.
Need a Top-Notch Competitive Research Paper Topic?
Whether you need technology research paper topics for your science class or health research paper topics to impress your professor, we've got your back!
What are your chances of acceptance?
Calculate for all schools, your chance of acceptance.
Your chancing factors
100 Interesting Research Paper Topics for High Schoolers
What’s covered:, how to pick the right research topic, elements of a strong research paper.
- Interesting Research Paper Topics
Where to Get Your Research Paper Edited for Free
Composing a research paper can be a daunting task for first-time writers. In addition to making sure you’re using concise language and your thoughts are organized clearly, you need to find a topic that draws the reader in. CollegeVine is here to help you brainstorm creative topics. Below are 100 interesting research paper topics that will help you engage with your project and keep you motivated until you’ve typed the final period.
You can’t have a good research paper without a good research paper topic. “Good” is subjective and different students will find different topics interesting; however, what’s important is that you find a topic that makes you want to find out more and make a convincing argument. Maybe you’ll be so interested that you’ll want to take it further and submit your paper to a competition!
A research paper is similar to an academic essay but more lengthy and requires more research. This is bittersweet: although it is more work, you can create a more nuanced argument, and learn more about your topic area. Research papers are a demonstration of your research ability and your ability to formulate a convincing argument. How well you’re able to engage with the sources and make original contributions will determine the strength of your paper.
The introduction to a research paper serves two critical functions: it conveys the topic of the paper and illustrates how you will address it. A strong introduction will also pique the interest of the reader and make them excited to read more. Selecting a research paper topic that is meaningful, interesting, and fascinates you is an excellent first step toward creating an engaging paper that people will want to read.
A thesis statement is technically part of the introduction—generally the last sentence of it—but is so important that it merits a section of its own. The thesis statement is a declarative sentence that tells the reader what the paper is about. A strong thesis statement serves three purposes: present the topic of the paper, deliver a clear opinion on the topic, and summarize the points the paper will cover.
An example of a good thesis statement of diversity in the workforce is:
Diversity in the workplace is not just a moral imperative but also a strategic advantage for businesses, as it fosters innovation, enhances creativity, improves decision-making, and enables companies to better understand and connect with a diverse customer base.
The body is the largest section of a research paper. It’s here where you support your thesis, present your facts and research, and persuade the reader.
Each paragraph in the body of a research paper should have its own idea. The idea is presented, generally in the first sentence of the paragraph, by a topic sentence. The topic sentence acts similarly to the thesis statement, only on a smaller scale, and every sentence in the paragraph with it supports the idea it conveys.
An example of a topic sentence on how diversity in the workplace fosters innovation is:
Diversity in the workplace fosters innovation by bringing together individuals with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which stimulates creativity, encourages new ideas, and leads to the development of innovative solutions to complex problems.
The body of an engaging research paper flows smoothly from one idea to the next. Create an outline before writing and order your ideas so that each idea logically leads to another.
The conclusion of a research paper should summarize your thesis and reinforce your argument. It’s common to restate the thesis in the conclusion of a research paper.
For example, a conclusion for a paper about diversity in the workforce is:
In conclusion, diversity in the workplace is vital to success in the modern business world. By embracing diversity, companies can tap into the full potential of their workforce, promote creativity and innovation, and better connect with a diverse customer base, ultimately leading to greater success and a more prosperous future for all.
The reference page is normally found at the end of a research paper. It provides proof that you did research using credible sources, properly credits the originators of information, and prevents plagiarism.
There are a number of different formats of reference pages, including APA, MLA, and Chicago. Make sure to format your reference page in your teacher’s preferred style.
- Analyze the benefits of diversity in education.
- Are charter schools useful for the national education system?
- How has modern technology changed teaching?
- Discuss the pros and cons of standardized testing.
- What are the benefits of a gap year between high school and college?
- What funding allocations give the most benefit to students?
- Does homeschooling set students up for success?
- Should universities/high schools require students to be vaccinated?
- What effect does rising college tuition have on high schoolers?
- Do students perform better in same-sex schools?
- Discuss and analyze the impacts of a famous musician on pop music.
- How has pop music evolved over the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of women in music changed in the media over the past decade?
- How does a synthesizer work?
- How has music evolved to feature different instruments/voices?
- How has sound effect technology changed the music industry?
- Analyze the benefits of music education in high schools.
- Are rehabilitation centers more effective than prisons?
- Are congestion taxes useful?
- Does affirmative action help minorities?
- Can a capitalist system effectively reduce inequality?
- Is a three-branch government system effective?
- What causes polarization in today’s politics?
- Is the U.S. government racially unbiased?
- Choose a historical invention and discuss its impact on society today.
- Choose a famous historical leader who lost power—what led to their eventual downfall?
- How has your country evolved over the past century?
- What historical event has had the largest effect on the U.S.?
- Has the government’s response to national disasters improved or declined throughout history?
- Discuss the history of the American occupation of Iraq.
- Explain the history of the Israel-Palestine conflict.
- Is literature relevant in modern society?
- Discuss how fiction can be used for propaganda.
- How does literature teach and inform about society?
- Explain the influence of children’s literature on adulthood.
- How has literature addressed homosexuality?
- Does the media portray minorities realistically?
- Does the media reinforce stereotypes?
- Why have podcasts become so popular?
- Will streaming end traditional television?
- What is a patriot?
- What are the pros and cons of global citizenship?
- What are the causes and effects of bullying?
- Why has the divorce rate in the U.S. been declining in recent years?
- Is it more important to follow social norms or religion?
- What are the responsible limits on abortion, if any?
- How does an MRI machine work?
- Would the U.S. benefit from socialized healthcare?
- Elderly populations
- The education system
- State tax bases
- How do anti-vaxxers affect the health of the country?
- Analyze the costs and benefits of diet culture.
- Should companies allow employees to exercise on company time?
- What is an adequate amount of exercise for an adult per week/per month/per day?
- Discuss the effects of the obesity epidemic on American society.
- Are students smarter since the advent of the internet?
- What departures has the internet made from its original design?
- Has digital downloading helped the music industry?
- Discuss the benefits and costs of stricter internet censorship.
- Analyze the effects of the internet on the paper news industry.
- What would happen if the internet went out?
- How will artificial intelligence (AI) change our lives?
- What are the pros and cons of cryptocurrency?
- How has social media affected the way people relate with each other?
- Should social media have an age restriction?
- Discuss the importance of source software.
- What is more relevant in today’s world: mobile apps or websites?
- How will fully autonomous vehicles change our lives?
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- What are the benefits of daily exercise?
- How has social media affected people’s mental health?
- What things contribute to poor mental and physical health?
- Analyze how mental health is talked about in pop culture.
- Discuss the pros and cons of more counselors in high schools.
- How does stress affect the body?
- How do emotional support animals help people?
- What are black holes?
- Discuss the biggest successes and failures of the EPA.
- How has the Flint water crisis affected life in Michigan?
- Can science help save endangered species?
- Is the development of an anti-cancer vaccine possible?
- What are the effects of deforestation on climate change?
- Is climate change reversible?
- How did the COVID-19 pandemic affect global warming and climate change?
- Are carbon credits effective for offsetting emissions or just marketing?
- Is nuclear power a safe alternative to fossil fuels?
- Are hybrid vehicles helping to control pollution in the atmosphere?
- How is plastic waste harming the environment?
- Is entrepreneurism a trait people are born with or something they learn?
- How much more should CEOs make than their average employee?
- Can you start a business without money?
- Should the U.S. raise the minimum wage?
- Discuss how happy employees benefit businesses.
- How important is branding for a business?
- Discuss the ease, or difficulty, of landing a job today.
- What is the economic impact of sporting events?
- Are professional athletes overpaid?
- Should male and female athletes receive equal pay?
- What is a fair and equitable way for transgender athletes to compete in high school sports?
- What are the benefits of playing team sports?
- What is the most corrupt professional sport?
Paramount to the success of your research paper is the strength of your argument. Your research should bolster your thesis and you should have multiple reputable sources.
For an extra set of eyes, use CollegeVine’s free peer review essay tool to get feedback from another student! A strong research paper is only made stronger with a second pair of eyes.
Related CollegeVine Blog Posts
200 Easy Research Paper Topics for College Students in 2021
Writing research papers is a must-do step in any educational process at college. In many cases, professors allow students to be creative with choosing a topic to complete this type of academic assignment. This privilege usually sounds great at first glance. However, thousands of learners might feel overwhelmed with a wide choice of interesting research topics they can find online.
The truth is that you can easily get lost in countless research paper topics available on different websites. Moreover, exploring and narrowing down the solutions for your essay might appear too challenging. The reason is that many research topics for college available online are outdated or contain too broad concepts for the research. To make your investigation process easier, we’ve collected a list of 200 new and innovative topics for composing an impressive research essay, presentation, or report. No worries if you have little writing experience or creativity - this guide will help you choose a fresh solution for your assignments in no time.
How to Choose Research Study Ideas for College Students
If the professor gives you complete freedom to pick up a topic, we have good news for you. Now, you can select a field or niche according to your individual preferences and background knowledge! There is no need to compose a boring paper that will make you yawn during the entire writing process. However, make sure you follow some basic rules of choosing good research paper topics below.
Stick to Your Favorite Topic
Are you fond of cars? Feel free to research the benefits and drawbacks of electric automobiles. Can’t imagine your life without sports? Explore the dope issue in professional sports. The key to developing a successful paper is to write about the topic that makes you feel excited. If you write about something you show zero interest in, the process will likely slow down and become more challenging. Therefore, always try to find something inspiring.
Choose Understandable Solutions
Many students are interested in modern technologies or space exploration. However, writing on these topics requires having advanced knowledge in the corresponding areas. Still, few learners can boast of having a deep understanding of artificial intelligence, computer programming, or space technologies. That is why it is better to look for easier and more comprehensive topics to write about. As a result, you will reduce the amount of time for research and cope with the college task faster.
Make Sure You Will Find Enough Information
When choosing ideas for a research paper, you need to make sure there are at least several reliable sources you can use for researching. The fact is that if you pick a truly out-of-the-box solution, you might fail to find enough relevant information about it. The same rule works for outdated topics. In case you select a played-out idea, you will hardly find new and up-to-date sources to support your idea. Here is a little hint for you: if you are looking for the relevant information for a chosen idea but fail to find anything suitable, it is better to change your topic.
Look for Clear and Understandable Concepts and Issues
When searching for the best research paper topics, don’t forget to think about your audience. What does it mean? The fact is that it is necessary to pick up a solution that is completely understandable for both you and the readers. In other words, avoid sticking to extremely difficult or complex topics that might make your audience feel confused. In case you use some specific terms in your paper that might be unfamiliar to the common reader, it is better to explain them briefly.
Try to Be Specific
Picking up too broad topics for research papers is one of the most common mistakes of hundreds of students. To avoid this issue, it is better to stay away from too general solutions that can be described from dozens of sides. Otherwise, you might go down in tons of diverse data and arguments you can use for your paper. Being precise and choosing only the most powerful facts are among the features of any successful student.
Look For Something Unique
Picking up topics for a research paper some of your classmates are also writing about is never the best choice. It is better to select an idea you will be able to describe from an unusual perspective. If you prefer to cover simple and comprehensive topics, it will be great to try an innovative approach to describing facts. However, don’t experiment with the paper’s structure and focus on providing exclusive and original arguments only. The best research academic papers are intriguing and inspiring.
Be In Trend
There is nothing new that trendy topics attract more attention from the audience. The reason is that they have a huge unexplored potential and amazing research opportunities. If you pick up an emerging topic, you will likely get higher grades for your academic assignment.
Simple Research Topics: Education
If you are still wondering which idea is the best one for composing your research paper, it might be good to write about education . The truth is that this topic is one of the easiest to write about. Moreover, you will effortlessly find countless relevant sources to support your ideas related to education. Feel free to grab one of these handy solutions you can put into practice when writing your academic paper.
- Are Standardized Tests Good to Evaluate the Student’s Knowledge?
- How to Make Education More Accessible for Students With Disabilities?
- Should Tuition Become Free at All Colleges in the United States?
- How Can Schools and Colleges Support International Students?
- Becoming a Student and a Successful Businessman: Is It Possible?
- The Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Education Sector
- The Benefits of Social Networking at College and University
- The Innovations in the Education System of the United States
- Is It Possible to Start Building a Career During Studies?
- How Can Schools Stop Violence Among Students?
- Should American Learners Have a “Gap Year”?
- The Analysis of the Finnish Education System
- Homeschooling vs. Learning in the Classroom
- British vs. American Education Systems
- The Teaching Technologies of the Future
- Should College Students Have a Part-Time Job?
- Is There Any Discrimination at High Schools?
- Should Schools Have Sexual Education Lessons?
- Most Common Issues of Bilingual Education
- Why Do Students Need to Learn Religion at School?
- How to Stop Cheating on Exams
- Student Loans: Pros and Cons
- The Pros and Cons of Same-Sex Classrooms
- The Development of Women’s Right to Education
- Montessori Method: Advantages and Drawbacks
- Effective Ways to Improve the Quality of Teaching
- How Can the Issue of “Useless Classes” Be Solved?
- Should Colleges Become Business-Driven?
- How to Improve Modern Elementary Education?
- Should School Children Wear Uniforms?
- How to Stop Hazing at High Schools?
Unique Research Topics on Health
To put it short, these solutions remain topical among young learners for years. If you would like to select a comprehensive and brilliant solution for your research paper, choosing topics related to health might help you finish your essay fast. What to research? Here is a list of ideas you can start writing about right now.
- The Impact of Drugs on the Human Body
- How to Stop Consuming Too Much Junk Food?
- How Much Fruit and Vegetables Should a Common Student Consume per Day?
- The Correlation Between Mood and the Health of the Immune System
- Is It Possible to Stop the COVID-19 Spread in All Countries?
- Why Do Many Girls Suffer From Anorexia During Their Studies?
- The Mental Issues of the Most Well-Known Criminals
- The Impact of Classical Music on Overall Well-Being
- Main Reasons for Facing Serious Allergies
- The Importance of Regular Health Screenings
- Ways to Prevent Serious Mental Diseases
- Kids’ Vaccination: Advantages and Risks
- Birth Control Issues in Developed Countries
- The Impact of Breastfeeding on the Kids’ Health
- The Impact of Insomnia on the Quality of Life
- Most Effective Ways to Control Obesity
- Top Reasons to Consume More Fats Regularly
- Artificial Vitamins: Should Everyone Consume Them?
- The Role of Nutrition for Maintaining Brain Health
- How to Decrease Stress Levels of Teenagers
- The Pros and Cons of Reconstructive Surgery
- Acupuncture: The Hidden Health Benefits
- The Most Important Aspects of Neonatal Nutrition
- Impact of Emotional Stability on Human Health
- Uncommon Solutions to Improve Short-Term Memory
- Should Elementary Schools Have Homework?
- The Psychology of Gifted People
- Top Issues of Cardiovascular Care
- How to Keep Your Brain Healthy
- The Impact of Sports on Human Health
- The Future of Natural Medicine
- New Strategies for Coma Recovery
- Basic Rules of Sun Safety
- The Dangers of Low-Fat Diets
- The Future of Antibiotics Therapies
- Pros and Cons of Dietary Supplements
- Non-Medical Cancer Treatments
- Most Effective Ways to Make Your Brain Work Harder
- Religion and Health
- Benefits of Swimming
- Eating Disorders
Easy Research Paper Topics: Environment
If you would like to follow the path of Greta Thunberg, it might be good to start your way with composing papers related to environment protection and ecology. Explore the main issues in this field and come up with an impressive research paper in a matter of a couple of hours.
- The Main Dangers of Air Pollution
- Greenhouse Effect: Myths vs. Reality
- Ways to Stop Marine Pollution
- Advantages and Drawbacks of Using Pesticides in Agriculture
- GMO Products vs. Organic Food
- The Importance of “Green Programs” in Developing Countries
- The Problem of Radioactive Waste Disposal
- Should Environmental Regulations Become Stricter?
- Is the Problem of Global Warming Exaggerated?
- The Problem of Water Deficit in Developing Countries
- Ways to Protect Endangered Wildlife
- How Can an Individual Help Save an Environment?
- Why Should Children Learn About Global Warming?
- The Advantages of Solar Technologies
- The Main Dangers of Producing Too Much Plastic
- How to Start Using Eco-Friendly Products?
- The Changes in the Climate of Earth in the 21st Century
- The Analysis of the Deforestation Levels in South America
- How to Improve Access to Clean Water in All Countries Globally?
- Is It Possible to Manage Overpopulation?
- The Prospects of Nuclear Energy
Interesting Topics to Research: Technology and Media
Modern technologies are developing at a breakneck speed. The new solutions, apps, and approaches revolutionize different industries and elevate the quality of lives of millions of people. If you choose a nice solution about innovation and computing for your essay, you will definitely have a chance to attract the attention of the audience. Top research papers topics ideas are right here below!
- The Possible Ways to Develop Artificial Intelligence Systems
- How Will Smartphones Change in the Near Future?
- The Benefits of Cloud Solutions in Storing Data
- Top Areas to Use Drone Technologies
- Ecommerce Solutions vs. Local Retailers
- Online Currencies and Their Impact on the Global Financial System
- How to Avoid the Dangers of the Dark Web?
- Will Self-Driving Cars Become Common in the Future?
- Privacy Issues Online
- The Future of Blogging
- Online vs. Offline Communication
- Will People Colonize Mars?
- Nanomedicine: Myths and Realities
- Online Payments and Paper Money
- Breaking the Sound Barrier
- Is Social Media a New Technology?
- Technologies That Might Impact Human Behavior
- Safest Ways to Store Information in the 21st Century
- How Do Modern Technologies Allow People to Work From Home?
- The Impact of Modern Technologies on Globalization
- The Perspectives of Online Gaming
- The Impact of Advertisements on Kids and Teens
- Newest Technologies Used in Surgery
- Internet Addiction and the Ways to Prevent It
- Censorship Control
Top Solutions Related to Business and Economy
Many students are looking for research papers topics for college-related to the economy, e-commerce, and business. If you are one of them, explore this ultimate list of the newest ideas related to these popular spheres.
- Most Effective Ways to Improve the Economy of the Developed Countries
- How to Start Your Business in E-Commerce
- Modern Ways to Manage Inflation
- How to Fight Poverty and Hunger
- The Role of Taxes in the Modern Economy
- How Did Industrialization Change the World?
- International Tourism During the Pandemic Times
- Industries That Were Impacted by the COVID-19 Crisis
- The Correlation Between Culture and Economic Growth
- How Can Immigration Impact the Country’s Economy?
- The Global Pandemic and Employment Rates
- Role of a Leader in Modern Business
- Choosing the Best Work Environment
- The Impact of Corporate Culture on the Employment Rate
- How to Set Up Effective Business Links?
- The Most Common Issue of Taxation of Small Businesses
- The Advantages of a Four-Day Workweek
- How to Stop Discrimination at the Workplace?
- Drawbacks of Using Unethical Business Practices
- Social Media Ads to Promote Small Businesses
- How to Improve the Effectiveness of a Human Resource Department?
- Why Do Companies Attract International Investors?
- Most Effective Types of Business Models
- How to Become More Competitive in a Chosen Market?
- Government Regulations and Business
- Basic Reasons to Increase the Minimum Wage in the United States
- Most Promising Business Ideas for the Near Future
Hot Topics for Research Paper: Family and Communication
Family is an essential part of our lives. How to set up healthy family relationships? What is the role of parents in raising children? Feel free to use any of these ideas for your research paper. By the way, good research topics related to communication are also collected in this paragraph.
- Marital Rape and Its Impact on the Personality
- Impact of Divorce on Kids and Teens
- How to Stop Abusive Relationships?
- How to Make Your Children Happier?
- Effective Ways to Solve Conflicts in Families
- How to Improve Communication Between Siblings?
- Role of Grandparents in Raising Children
- Lack of Communication Between Family Members
- Why Do Children Kill Abusive Parents?
- The Impact of Parents’ Depression on Their Children
- Happy Childhood and Leadership
- Advantages of Having a Big Family
- Drugs and Alcoholism in Modern Families
- Impact of Home Life on Child Development
- Do All Children Need to Respect Their Parents?
- The Criticism of Freud’s Theories
- Important Parental Rights
- Gender Roles in the Family
- Basic Family Values
- Domestic Abuse
Easy and Interesting Research Paper Topics
Many students face difficulties when choosing an idea for composing an academic paper. If you are not good at writing on education, health, business, or family relationships, it might be great to search for something more exciting. Here is a list of diverse topics you might find good-looking.
- The Role of International Health Organizations in Modern Society
- Corporate and Business Laws: Most Common Issues
- Why Do Many People Watch TV Shows and Series?
- Future of Chinese Economy
- The Future of Video Streaming Services
- Women’s Rights in the Modern World
- How to Support Global Peacekeeping
- Gender Stereotypes in Advertising
- Classical Hollywood Cinema
- Landmark Court Decisions
- Possible Ways to Use 3d Printers
- Portrayals of Superheroes in Movies
- Cannabis Legalization: Pros and Cons
- Should Companies Stop Animal Testing?
- Criminalizing Protests
- Socialism vs. Capitalism
- How Has Feminism Changed Over the Years?
- Origins of Racial Discrimination
- Should Modern People Read More?
- Top Effective Promotion Solutions for Startups
- Crowdfunding & Outsourcing
- Policies That Are Related to Transgenders
- Role of Cultural Revolutions
- How to Decrease Crime Rates in Big Cities?
- What Are the Benefits and Drawbacks of Fracking?
- Freedom of Religion: Basic Issues
- Body Cameras for Police Officers: Pros and Cons
- Should Penalties for Drunk Driving Become Stricter?
- Abstinence Program: Do They Truly Work?
- The Importance of Writing Research Papers at Colleges
- Effective Techniques to Erase Bad Memories
- Ways to Solve the Immigration Crisis
- Stereotypes in Modern Culture
- Gun Safety and Control Policies
Top Tips to Writing a Winning Research Paper
Picking up an excellent topic is only about 20% of the job you need to do to compose a flawless research paper. What’s next? Are there any prompts that might help you finish your assignment in no time? Sure! Our experts are ready to share some secrets on composing fantastic essays within the shortest terms.
Double-Check the Professor’s Instructions
The secret truth is that there are many types of research papers you might face during your studies. Consequently, these papers might have different requirements and writing rules you need to follow. How to find out how to compose your essay? The easiest way to discover all details is to read the instructions shared by the professor. Although it is a must step all students need to do before they start writing, many learners often forget about this easy rule. By the way, what information can you find in the college writing instructions? As a rule, you will find these types of data:
- deadlines for completing assignments;
- formatting styles;
- the tone of voice you need to use;
- assignment goals;
- length specifications;
- list of topics;
- key features for your writing;
- submission method;
- most common mistakes you need to avoid.
It is recommended to read the instructions at least a couple of times to make sure you understand all the requirements and specifications of your research paper. Avoid starting to write your essay before you’ve learned its basic rules.
Many students are very confident about their research and writing skills. Therefore, thousands of learners still believe they can effortlessly develop a top-notch research paper in just a couple of hours. However, even professional writers can’t compose a superior 3000-word essay in just an hour.
Therefore, it is vital to be realistic when setting up your individual deadlines and creating writing schedules to cope with your academic assignments. Even if you choose current research topics that are incredibly easy to write about, you will still need to do advanced research, choose trustworthy sources, and pick up the most impressive arguments for your paper. All these tasks might take you plenty of time.
It is also not recommended to write research papers at the last moment. First, you might fail to meet the deadline. Second, you might easily come up with poor quality writing because of being unattentive. Third, you will hardly have enough time to proofread and edit your essay. Fourth, when in a hurry, you might copy and paste data from different sources into your paper. This will inevitably lead to extremely high plagiarism levels. All these issues might lead to receiving low grades for your academic assignment.
Follow the Rules
There are many writing rules you will need to follow. However, the basic one is to choose a traditional structure of an academic paper. In other words, your research paper will need to have an introduction, body paragraphs, and the conclusion. Avoid being creative when choosing the structure of your paper - it is the worst place for showing off your innovation. If you would like to stand out from the crowd of other learners, it is better to select an out-of-the-box topic for your assignment.
Proofread and Edit Your Paper
Many students are so tired of doing the research and writing that they often forget to proofread their papers. However, this is an important step in completing any type of academic assignment. If you proofread your essay, you can easily detect dozens of inconsistencies, mistakes, and typos. Moreover, you can also find some repetitive phrases, sentences, or facts in your paper. All these issues can drastically worsen your quality of writing. Even if you are sure your writing is 100% excellent, make sure to proofread it before passing it to the professor.
Plagiarism is a true nightmare of any diligent student. How to avoid this serious issue when composing your academic paper? First, make sure to share the results of your analysis uniquely and uncommonly. Second, use citations carefully. Third, check your essay for plagiarism online! You can find dozens of plagiarism detecting tools and utilities designed for students on many websites. Feel free to use a couple of solutions to make sure your essay is fresh and original. If you suddenly find out your paper has a high plagiarism level, make sure to make significant modifications and be more original. After that, double-check your essay once again.
The Best Way to Get a Perfect Research Paper
There are plenty of important research topics you can use in your academic writing. But what if you’ve chosen a great idea but fail to compose a unique and flawless paper? Is there any solution if you don’t have enough time to meet the professor's deadline? Sure!
Thousands of students fail to deliver college or university assignments on time. The reasons for this issue might significantly vary. Some learners are not skilled writers, while others might not have a deep understanding of the chosen field. Moreover, many students are trying to build careers or dedicate all their free time to sports. Anyway, failure to meet deadlines might worsen the student’s academic performance and other problems related to studies. The good news is that you can avoid facing all these issues!
Our professional writers are always ready to help you complete any type of research paper within the shortest terms. You don’t need to provide any reasons for asking for writing help - we understand the students’ pain and can provide you with pro assistance anytime. Just place an order on our website, choose the deadline, and forget about all your learning issues. You will get a perfectly written academic paper right when you need it. We have thousands of happy customers and impressive guarantees, so you can always trust our service. We value each customer and always deliver superior papers to each of our clients.
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Top 150 Ideas for Research Paper Topics 2020
Some say the most difficult part of writing a text-is to start. But topic selection even precedes this starting point. This activity takes off a lot of time, and sometimes imagination just doesn't work in your favor. That's where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy. We collected the most un-hacked and powerful ideas to turn the average piece of writing into a research paper. Discover: what is a research paper and how to choose suitable and interesting research topics with our help? Or if you are a lazy student-use our essay writing service. Writing a research topic on your own requires either producing one from scratch (based on your interests and goals and potentially, on some brainstorming) or getting inspiration from a number of sources, like preassembled topic lists, course material, teachers, real life, news headlines, published research in the respective field, etc.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
200 Best Research Paper Topics for 2023 + Examples
When you enroll in university, you are maybe not even aware of the number of obligations that you might have to face over the course of your studies, and this might make you feel overwhelmed and exhausted especially when it comes to writing and submitting research papers on time. Most students feel highly stressed and anxious about their assignments and exams that most of them feel lost and don’t even know how to choose the most appropriate topic for papers that would suit their writing style as well.
Luckily, our professional research paper writers are here to bring you a list of research paper topics 2023 that might as well be useful, interesting, and thought-provoking, which are the qualities of great writing tasks. If you are having difficulty writing a paper, even with the most competent resources, topics of interest, and earnest efforts to write the very best, then it is time to seek help from the website that writes essays for you .
Table of contents
Easy research paper topics, interesting research topics, controversial topics for research paper, funny research paper topics, argumentative research topics, natural sciences (physics, chemistry, ecology, biology), criminal law and justice, history (world, us, anthropology), medical research topics (dentistry, nursing, psychology).
- Business (marketing, economics, and finance)
Science and Technology (Computer Science, Math, Statistics)
Social sciences (social work, political science, sociology).
- Social Media
- Social issues
Choosing a field of interest.
- Checking Available Material
Making a Research Question
Brainstorming research topic ideas, create a thesis statement, list of best research paper topics 2023.
Having a comprehensive list of topics for research papers might make students think that the most difficult part of work is done. However, research topics still need to do enough research and gather a lot of data and facts from reliable sources in order to complete their research paper. Then again, this can be quite demanding since a lot depends on what kind of paper you yourself want to write. Is it supposed to be a funny one, an interesting one, a controversial one or a simple argumentative essay?
We understand that the research paper writing process piles up, so writers from our custom research paper writing service work hard to provide only the best research paper topics. If you want to succeed in college, you can pay someone to write a research paper to ensure a brilliant future. Knowledge is power, and Paperell is here to help you learn as much as you can so you can bring home A’s and B’s every semester.
- Evolution of anime – what made anime popular worldwide?
- Is diversity a good thing within a team, and why?
- Is traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere?
- What makes one sport more popular than another?
- How would the world be different without the discoveries of Nikola Tesla?
- Why do people change their leisure time activities as they get older?
- What hobbies are the most popular with children and adults in your area?
- Are there hobbies you can do in your own country but not when you travel abroad? Why?
- How to deal with procrastination?
- What stereotypes are related to people from your country, and is there any truth to those?
- Are older people always wiser and correct in their choices and opinions?
- Is it true that technology can cause a gap between generations?
- Are friendships between men different from friendships between women and why?
- Can amusement parks have an educative purpose apart from an entertaining one?
- What other common sayings such as “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” exist in your language?
- What makes people in your country happy?
- What makes some nations happier and more prosperous than others?
- Does beauty, in general, determine how much a person will be successful in life?
- What are some pros and cons related to plastic surgery?
- How to be better at communicating with friends, family, work colleagues, and strangers?
There are some subjects that might trigger different responses from people because most of these subjects are controversial and are prone to raise a series of other issues. Creative writers online know how to develop a topic for research papers. Most of these research titles are related to politics, religion, gender roles, as well as human relationships.
- What is the proper punishment for serial killers and rapists?
- What caused two state-of-the-art planes to crash and what can be done to prevent further accidents?
- How to prevent an increase in the number of homeless children?
- What is the future of religion?
- What is the morality in the world of cam girls?
- What is the background of all terrorist attacks in the world?
- What is it like to be transgender nowadays?
- How to deal with a huge wave of immigrants?
- Can police unions prevent corruption?
- What can developed countries do in order to help underdeveloped countries?
- How to stop being a couch potato?
- Why did we start celebrating Halloween Day?
- What are some positive sides of energy drinks and coffee?
- What are some ways to fund a trip around the world?
- Who is the funniest historical figure, and why?
- If you could turn into an animal, which one would you choose to be?
- What makes people mispronounce .gif?
- What comics are funny but educational?
- What is the philosophy behind Assassin’s Creed?
- Why do we talk and act like we are drunk when we become exhausted?
- Do immigrants provide a good or bad impact on a country’s economy?
- Are the virtual world and video games, causing more violence or more antisocial people?
- Why more expensive sports like rowing and tennis should be more accessible to social and ethnic minorities?
- Adoption rights for single parents: why are laws so strict?
- City development: should we keep the grid pattern or move to the new approaches to city planning?
- What makes communism the best political system in the world?
- Did Andy Warhol manage to make high art more accessible to a wider audience?
- How can raising the minimum wage help increase economic mobility?
- Should steroids be allowed in sports?
- What can be done to prevent cyberbullying?
- Is obesity a problem for the American population?
- Should all students have free access to the Internet for education?
- Students should be able to change a college curriculum due to their objectives
- English will be the official language in most countries in a few decades
- Each student should learn at least three foreign languages
- The advertisement industry is all a lie
- Education should be less expensive in order to involve more students
- Steroids should be forbidden
- The attention to sports in the education system is too big
- Diets are not as effective as they are presented to the masses
- Eight hours is a normal duration of sleep for every student
- Risky sports should be forbidden
- Parents shouldn’t allow their children to watch adult films
- Tobacco and its smoking should be forbidden in most the countries
- Government should do more for fighting alcoholism in the US
- Energetic drinks can be more dangerous than usual alcohol drinks
- Filming court proceedings shouldn’t be forbidden in any court
- People should be allowed to start voting at the age of 25
- The usage of animals in research should be forbidden
- Each person who causes environmental pollution should be punished
- The government needs to work more on protection from tornadoes
- Indians that are living in the US are not true representatives of their kind
- Each following financial crisis will be worse than previous
- Acceptance rates it should be much higher than now
- The legalization of gay marriages shows the high level of development in the county
- How to fight corruption more effectively?
- Communism as an ideology and communism in USSR are many different things
- Chats of the web teach children of a bad grammar
- When using modern technologies, people become less intelligent
- The usage of messengers has a bad influence on the culture of communication
- The educational system should use more advantages of modern technologies
- The number of working hours should reduce from time to time
- The government should support social activists in their projects
- Cloning animals and people should be banned
- Modern art is mostly a lie and shouldn’t be called an art even
- The movie can never be better than the book on which it is based
- Song lyrics become worse with every year
- Buying a lottery ticket is a bad idea for those who want to win
- That is the problem that sports competitions take much more attention than scientific events
- The feminist movement becomes a problem for women who don’t join it
- Democracy is not the best ideology for the modern world
- Social media are not as dangerous as they told to be
- Are diaries still popular?
- Are public cameras a problem for privacy?
- Is homeschooling a problem for the socialization of children?
- All subjects should be optional so students can choose other subjects
- This is the problem that modern films are crueler than old films
- Historical films should be based only on facts
- Do artists risk their mental health when playing psychopaths and killers?
- People should read more books
Sample Research Papers
- Argumentative essays examples
Research Topics By Field of Study
Research proposal ideas can be found in many fields of study that allow you to be innovative and do extensive research to put forward new ideas and opinions.
- Why being warm usually makes us feel tired and sleepy?
- What causes visual abnormalities such as special frequency?
- How is it possible that birds flying in bad and cloudy weather conditions don’t get disoriented?
- When gas becomes plasma, what actually happens to molecules?
- Why is skin on a face more sensitive to breakouts and touch than on any other part of the body?
- What are some proofs of period alignment?
- How do allergies to nuts and other fruits happen?
- What chemical processes keep canned drinks mixed together and not separate into their ingredients?
- What steps can be taken in third world countries to prevent ecological catastrophes?
- Why are carbs bad for people who are insulin resistant?
- Biology examples
- Chemistry examples
- Physics examples
- Ecology and Environmental Issues examples
- What have been some of the best decisions of the Supreme Court?
- What have been some of the worst decisions of the Supreme Court?
- What does it mean when jury rules that Bayer must pay in the Monsanto cancer trial?
- How can students protect themselves from giving back students’ loans?
- What can be done to improve family law?
- What countries have the worst legal systems?
- What countries have the best legal systems?
- What are the main flaws of the legal system in the USA?
- How to change abortion laws to pro-choice?
- How corrupted are legal systems in South America?
- Criminal Justice examples
- Criminal Law examples
- Criminology examples
- What is Operation Pastorius?
- Was the Norse religion practice in the Danelaw, and to what extent?
- Why did the Soviet Union want to invade Afghanistan?
- Why did the Germanics abolish their religion?
- What are the most important events in the history of Latin America?
- Who foresaw the encroachment of Nazism?
- What’s the story behind the Yugoslav wars in the 90s?
- How did Greece become such a philosophical hotspot in ancient times?
- How did people study foreign languages before the 19 th century?
- Who profited the most from wars in the Middle Ages?
- History examples
- American History examples
- What improvements in dentistry marked the 21 st century?
- How can implants provide a permanent solution to a lost tooth?
- What nutrition can prevent insulin resistance?
- What are the main symptoms of PCOS and how to deal with them?
- What are the pros and cons of antipsychotics?
- What are the benefits of massage therapy?
- How many treatments to Autism are there?
- What are the potential risks of water birth?
- How can music therapy foster lactation?
- How is ageism impacting mental health and addictions?
- Medicine examples
- Nursing examples
- Psychology examples
Business (Marketing, Economics, and Finance)
- Who are the greatest businessmen in the 21 st century?
- Who are the greatest businesswomen in the 21 st century?
- How has business etiquette changed in the past few years?
- How can the knowledge of culture help in doing business better?
- What are the qualities of team leaders and how to become one?
- Why are stock markets becoming more and more popular?
- What is an all-female working environment like?
- How is Islamic banking system different from interest?
- How does finding gold and diamonds affect the economy?
- How do offshore bank accounts work – the case of Panama papers?
- Business examples
- Marketing examples
- Economics examples
- Finance examples
- What are some great scientific breakthroughs in the 21 st century?
- Why is the first image of a black hole so important?
- What is the significance of the number 0?
- How do fractals have an unlimited perimeter but limited area?
- How to be able to perform rapid mental calculations?
- What is the math behind the NBA Draft lottery?
- What is the fourth dimension?
- What is the difference between parametric and non-parametric statistics?
- How are the concepts of something impossible or random mathematically proven?
- Who are some great mathematicians of the modern age?
- Computer Science examples
- Math examples
- Statistics examples
- What social issues marked the beginning of the 21 st century?
- Is there a difference in how men and women gain power?
- How has the role of a woman in society changed over time?
- Is the study of humanities necessary to develop critical thinking?
- How to prevent child marriages?
- Why has socialism been mostly unsuccessful?
- How does globalization affect politics?
- What is identity politics and how it affects society in general?
- How can child welfare in underdeveloped countries be assured?
- How to make the most out of clinical supervision?
- Political Science examples
- Sociology examples
Other Great Research Paper Topics:
- How are the latest improvements in the automobile industry working on the protection of the environment?
- What makes smartphones so resistant to bugs and viruses compare to computers?
- What is the story behind the Internet of Things?
- Why didn’t vector graphics become mainstream instead of pixels?
- What are some advances in technology related to medicine?
- What are Molten Salt Nuclear Reactors?
- Can everything be solar powered?
- How are old recordings converted to new formats?
- What are the differences between open and closed systems?
- Why do smart our electronic devices get slower over time?
- Technology paper examples
- What do all religions have in common?
- Why are younger generations less religious than older ones?
- How are terrorist attacks in religious buildings affecting religion?
- What are the new beliefs that are becoming popular?
- What are some main differences between Orthodox and Catholic Christians?
- Why did we stop believing in multiple gods?
- What impact do religions have on the perception of the good and the bad?
- Are Abrahamic religions the only ones that punish non-believers?
- Can religion help to change the view of women in Arabic cultures?
- Historically speaking, what has been the impact of religions in wars?
- Religion paper examples
- Are social networks making us lonely and unsociable?
- How to protect children online?
- What are some ways to identify pedophiles on social media?
- Why do people have the need to post everything online?
- How to stop cyber-bullying?
- Can LinkedIn help people find jobs or further education?
- How to make a break from social media?
- Why are younger generations obsessed with the number of followers and likes?
- Is there such a thing as social media addiction?
- Who are world-famous influencers on social media?
- Social media paper examples
- Why do people listen to sad music when they are in a bad mood?
- What music to listen to when you want to relax?
- How has hip-hop culture changed over the years?
- Why is classical music becoming more popular these days?
- What music to listen to in order to foster memorization?
- Why are successful musicians more prone to become drug-abusers?
- Who was Doris Day?
- Why influences the popularity of soundtracks?
- What are some all-time romantic songs?
- What makes some music festivals more popular than others?
- Music paper examples
- What are some successful anti-bullying programs at school?
- Is student-centred learning effective?
- Are there any benefits of taking a year off and what to do during the year?
- What visual aids can be implemented in all classrooms?
- What are some innovations in the USA Education system?
- What is FERPA and what impact does it have on education?
- What encourages students to cheat on exams?
- How to prevent students from plagiarizing their research papers?
- What education system is the best – the USA, Finland or France?
- Education paper examples
- Why do more and more women suffer from PCOS?
- What is insulin resistance and how to fight it?
- What are some ways to encourage obese people to change their habits?
- How can Israeli colon cancer research be a true breakthrough?
- What health problems can be caused by emotional stress?
- Can have too much coffee cause health problems?
- How to lower blood pressure using natural medicines and herbs?
- Is there a link between online bullying and depression?
- Is it appropriate to fine parents for skipping vaccination?
- Are antibiotics becoming useless and obsolete?
- Health paper examples
- How can immigration crises be solved?
- Is there a way to stop the raising of racism?
- Why are there still anti-LGBT communities and?
- How to encourage parents to educate themselves on vaccination?
- Is there a way to stop sex trafficking in underdeveloped countries?
- Is it too late to stop global warming?
- Why are people fighting against abortion?
- Are children becoming over-dependent on technology?
- Which countries are known for media censorship?
- What are the good and bad sides of digital currencies?
- Social Issue paper examples
- Is going vegan one way to protect the environment?
- How can an average person contribute to saving the environment?
- What can schools do to make children be more aware of environmental issues?
- How is global warming affecting wildlife?
- How are pesticides harming bird populations?
- How is plastic ocean pollution harming the oxygen we breathe?
- What eco-friendly products are better than the original ones?
- What catastrophes in history had a bad impact on the environment?
- Can solar technology become more sustainable?
- How to attain land for reverse desertification on a tight budget?
- Environment paper examples
How to Select The Best Research Paper Topic?
Selecting research topics might be a nightmare for all college students since you are expected to write about something new even though nobody expects you to make some groundbreaking discovery, especially not during the early years of your studies. However, there are some tips on how to choose the right topics for research papers that can make the whole process much easier.
Topics for the research paper are not easy to find since there are different fields that have been already exhausted from the beginning of the year, but you can always go for an area of interest. In order to choose great research paper titles and interesting things to research, taking some time and contemplate on what makes you be passionate about a certain subject is a good starting point. This is, after all, of great importance since you won’t be able to commit fully to writing an amazing assignment if you are not so interested in the subject. Once you managed to decide which topic might be of your interest, you should check the available materials you could use to foster your research. You should analyze the available materials carefully in order to make the right choice on which subject you could thoroughly work on and expand it to a whole other level. If you skip this step, you might end up putting yourself under a lot of pressure to meet the due date of the research essay, topics, and research paper submissions. Then again, if you enjoy conducting experiments and your chosen research topic allows you, maybe you could have a survey conducted with the help of your peers and write a paper after analyzing the data.
Topics for research papers might be demanding, but the most challenging part is related to making a research question. This is where you need to think hard about what your work will be focused on and what other people might find thought-provoking. You need to be able to motivate people to read your research essay even though they don’t know much about the subject itself.
Dedicating your time and knowledge as well as skills to finish a paper based on well-done research asks for a lot of self-discipline. However, if you feel stuck at any point looking for research paper ideas, you should ask your peers about research proposal ideas. Sometimes, getting a second or even third opinion can help you brainstorm your research ideas much better. In addition, you can always turn to your mentor who can help you identify an issue or an idea you should work on.
Some students still say that the most difficult stage of writing a research paper for them was to create a thesis statement. Throughout the studies, students have the chance to write a lot of essays on a variety of subjects that are not so closely connected, but they have never had to create a thesis statement. Therefore, most professors encourage students to ask for help in order to have the best possible ground statement for their research proposal topics.
You May Also Be Interested In
Abstract paragraph - a summary of the main ideas of the text; it's not just…
Some people say that history is boring, and a lot find it completely obsolete. However,…
How to Write a Discussion Section One of the final sections of a research report…
Chances are academic writing will not pass you by if you are attending any educational…
Always Ready to Help
Running out of time.
Type to search
- Bipolar Disorder
- Race and Identity
- Stress Management
- Brain Health
- Online Therapy
- History and Biographies
- Student Resources
- Sleep and Dreaming
- Mental Strength
- Family & Relationships
- Anxiety & Depression
- Mental Health
- Verywell Mind Insights
- The Verywell Mind 25
- Editorial Process
- Meet Our Review Board
- Crisis Support
50+ Topics of Psychology Research
How to Find Psychology Research Topics for Your Student Paper
Kendra Cherry, MS, is a psychosocial rehabilitation specialist, psychology educator, and author of the "Everything Psychology Book."
Steven Gans, MD is board-certified in psychiatry and is an active supervisor, teacher, and mentor at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Are you searching for a great topic for your psychology paper ? Sometimes it seems like coming up with topics of psychology research is more challenging than the actual research and writing. Fortunately, there are plenty of great places to find inspiration and the following list contains just a few ideas to help get you started.
Finding a solid topic is one of the most important steps when writing any type of paper. It can be particularly important when you are writing a psychology research paper or essay. Psychology is such a broad topic, so you want to find a topic that allows you to adequately cover the subject without becoming overwhelmed with information.
In some cases, such as in a general psychology class, you might have the option to select any topic from within psychology's broad reach. Other instances, such as in an abnormal psychology course, might require you to write your paper on a specific subject such as a psychological disorder.
As you begin your search for a topic for your psychology paper, it is first important to consider the guidelines established by your instructor.
Topics of Psychology Research Within Specific Branches
The key to selecting a good topic for your psychology paper is to select something that is narrow enough to allow you to really focus on the subject, but not so narrow that it is difficult to find sources or information to write about.
One approach is to narrow your focus down to a subject within a specific branch of psychology. For example, you might start by deciding that you want to write a paper on some sort of social psychology topic. Next, you might narrow your focus down to how persuasion can be used to influence behavior.
Other social psychology topics you might consider include:
- Prejudice and discrimination (i.e., homophobia, sexism, racism)
- Social cognition
- Person perception
- Social control and cults
- Persuasion , propaganda, and marketing
- Attraction, romance, and love
- Nonverbal communication
- Prosocial behavior
Psychology Research Topics Involving a Disorder or Type of Therapy
Exploring a psychological disorder or a specific treatment modality can also be a good topic for a psychology paper. Some potential abnormal psychology topics include specific psychological disorders or particular treatment modalities, including:
- Eating disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Profile a type of therapy (i.e., cognitive behavioral therapy, group therapy, psychoanalytic therapy)
Topics of Psychology Research Related to Human Cognition
Some of the possible topics you might explore in this area include thinking, language, intelligence, and decision-making. Other ideas might include:
- False memories
- Speech disorders
Topics of Psychology Research Related to Human Development
In this area, you might opt to focus on issues pertinent to early childhood such as language development, social learning, or childhood attachment or you might instead opt to concentrate on issues that affect older adults such as dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
Some other topics you might consider include:
- Language acquisition
- Media violence and children
- Learning disabilities
- Gender roles
- Child abuse
- Prenatal development
- Parenting styles
- Aspects of the aging process
Do a Critique of Publications Involving Psychology Research Topics
One option is to consider writing a critique paper of a published psychology book or academic journal article. For example, you might write a critical analysis of Sigmund Freud's Interpretation of Dreams or you might evaluate a more recent book such as Philip Zimbardo's The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil .
Professional and academic journals are also great places to find materials for a critique paper. Browse through the collection at your university library to find titles devoted to the subject that you are most interested in, then look through recent articles until you find one that grabs your attention.
Topics of Psychology Research Related to Famous Experiments
There have been many fascinating and groundbreaking experiments throughout the history of psychology, providing ample material for students looking for an interesting term paper topic. In your paper, you might choose to summarize the experiment, analyze the ethics of the research, or evaluate the implications of the study. Possible experiments that you might consider include:
- The Milgram Obedience Experiment
- The Stanford Prison Experiment
- The Little Albert Experiment
- Pavlov's Conditioning Experiments
- The Asch Conformity Experiment
- Harlow's Rhesus Monkey Experiments
Topics of Psychology Research About Historical Figures
One of the simplest ways to find a great topic is to choose an interesting person in the history of psychology and write a paper about them. Your paper might focus on many different elements of the individual's life, such as their biography, professional history, theories, or influence on psychology.
While this type of paper may be historical in nature, there is no need for this assignment to be dry or boring. Psychology is full of fascinating figures rife with intriguing stories and anecdotes. Consider such famous individuals as Sigmund Freud, B.F. Skinner, Harry Harlow, or one of the many other eminent psychologists .
Psychology Research Topics About a Specific Career
Another possible topic, depending on the course in which you are enrolled, is to write about specific career paths within the field of psychology . This type of paper is especially appropriate if you are exploring different subtopics or considering which area interests you the most.
In your paper, you might opt to explore the typical duties of a psychologist, how much people working in these fields typically earn, and the different employment options that are available.
Topics of Psychology Research Involving Case Studies
One potentially interesting idea is to write a psychology case study of a particular individual or group of people. In this type of paper, you will provide an in-depth analysis of your subject, including a thorough biography.
Generally, you will also assess the person, often using a major psychological theory such as Piaget's stages of cognitive development or Erikson's eight-stage theory of human development . It is also important to note that your paper doesn't necessarily have to be about someone you know personally.
In fact, many professors encourage students to write case studies on historical figures or fictional characters from books, television programs, or films.
Psychology Research Topics Involving Literature Reviews
Another possibility that would work well for a number of psychology courses is to do a literature review of a specific topic within psychology. A literature review involves finding a variety of sources on a particular subject, then summarizing and reporting on what these sources have to say about the topic.
Literature reviews are generally found in the introduction of journal articles and other psychology papers , but this type of analysis also works well for a full-scale psychology term paper.
Topics of Psychology Research Based on Your Own Study or Experiment
Many psychology courses require students to design an actual psychological study or perform some type of experiment. In some cases, students simply devise the study and then imagine the possible results that might occur. In other situations, you may actually have the opportunity to collect data, analyze your findings, and write up your results.
Finding a topic for your study can be difficult, but there are plenty of great ways to come up with intriguing ideas. Start by considering your own interests as well as subjects you have studied in the past.
Online sources, newspaper articles, books , journal articles, and even your own class textbook are all great places to start searching for topics for your experiments and psychology term papers. Before you begin, learn more about how to conduct a psychology experiment .
A Word From Verywell
After looking at this brief list of possible topics for psychology papers, it is easy to see that psychology is a very broad and diverse subject. While this variety makes it possible to find a topic that really catches your interest, it can sometimes make it very difficult for some students to select a good topic.
If you are still stumped by your assignment, ask your instructor for suggestions and consider a few from this list for inspiration.
- Hockenbury, SE & Nolan, SA. Psychology. New York: Worth Publishers; 2014.
- Santrock, JW. A Topical Approach to Lifespan Development. New York: McGraw-Hill Education; 2016.
By Kendra Cherry, MSEd Kendra Cherry, MS, is a psychosocial rehabilitation specialist, psychology educator, and author of the "Everything Psychology Book."
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
Research Paper Guide
Psychology Research Topics
Last updated on: May 26, 2023
Psychology Research Topics - 170+ Ideas for Your Paper
By: Nathan D.
17 min read
Reviewed By: Jacklyn H.
Published on: Feb 10, 2023
Choosing psychology research topics is not as easy as one might think. If you have to write a good research paper, choosing a good topic is the foremost step. You may have several ideas in your mind while thinking of a topic for the research paper.
Good research paper writing needs a good topic. If you have chosen a broad topic, you will have to do a lot of research and background study. It is better to choose a narrow topic to focus on a particular subject while researching and writing.
Psychology is a vast subject that discusses different multidisciplinary issues and brings together a wide range of topics.
You can conduct analysis and research before deciding your topic. This is the reason that it is better to go for a narrow topic. It is also easier for the researcher to research the topic in psychology and conduct analysis with proper details.
On this Page
How to Choose a Topic?
You can choose a topic from any social branch of psychology. You can also select a topic that is related to some sort of mental illness or mental disorder.
The topic may be complex and require a lot of research and analytical study. But the writer can cover all the aspects of the specific topic.
Choosing a good topic is the essential step when you start writing a research proposal. An interesting and new topic is what catches your teacher’s attention. And it gets your idea accepted, apart from, of course, a well-written proposal itself.
Studying some good psychology topics for your papers is the first step when conducting research. Once you have selected the topic, the next step is writing the research paper.
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
Psychology Research Topics For High School Students
High school students often explore psychology through research as a great way to learn more. With so many interesting topic, it can be hard to decide which one to study.
Here are some ideas for psychological research topics that may help narrow down your search.
- How does color affect human behavior?
- Examine the mental health of children with disabilities
- Analyzing the effects of racism on an individual's mental health
- The role of technology in student learning
- Investigating the correlation between depression and social media usage
- Is there a connection between video games and violence?
- Understanding the impact of childhood trauma on adult behavior
- Exploring gender identity in adolescence
- How does sleep deprivation affect mental health?
- Examine the psychological effects of media consumption on teenagers
Psychology Research Topics for College Students
If you are a psychology student struggling to develop a topic for your research, the following ideas will be helpful. The professional writers of 5StarEssays.com have gathered some exceptional topics to help college students draft compelling papers.
- The social identity theory of Tajfel and Turner.
- Significance of strong self-perception?
- REM phase and continuous sleep disruption.
- How does the brain function when a person is in love?
- Differences in the functioning of the brain of a man and woman.
- How do different forms of amnesia damage brain activity?
- Can PTSD lead to Alzheimer’s disease?
- Impact of yoga on human psychology.
- An autistic brain under MRI.
- Causes and effects of sleep paralysis
- How to treat multiple personality disorders?
- Symptoms and treatment of ADHD
- Social factors that trigger panic attacks.
- Symptoms, causes, and treatment of dementia
- Similarities and differences among midlife crises of a man and a woman.
Research Topics In Psychology For University Students
Psychology allows us to explore the depths of human behavior and gain insight into why people think, feel, and act the way they do. For university students interested in exploring this area further, there are many interesting research topics to choose from.
Here are some options to consider:
- The Role of Genetics in Mental Health
- How Technology Impacts Mental Health Outcomes
- The Psychological Impact of Racism
- Cyberbullying Prevention Strategies
- Sleep and Memory
- The Influence of Social Media on Adolescents’ Self-Esteem
- The Effects of Music on Emotion
- Mental Health Stigma in the Workplace
- The Role of Gender in Mental Health
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as a Treatment for Stress
Criminal Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The Impact of Childhood Trauma on Criminal Behavior
- Examining the Impact of Poverty and Socioeconomic Disadvantage on Crime Rates
- Exploring the Role of Technology in Modern Day Crime
- Investigating Media Portrayals of Criminals and their Effectiveness
- Analyzing Trends and Patterns in Juvenile Delinquency
- Examining the Effectiveness of Drug Abuse Treatment Programs on Criminal Behavior
- Understanding the Relationship between Mental Illness and Crime
- Exploring Effective Strategies for Rehabilitating Criminals in Prisons
- Investigating the Impact of Religion on Criminal Mindsets
- Examining Gender Differences in Criminal Behavior
Biological Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The Role of Neurotransmitters in Emotional Regulation
- Brain Development and the Impact of Early Childhood Experiences
- Exploring Neural Network Connectivity and Its Role in Behavior
- How Do Cortical Mechanisms Contribute to Cognitive Processes?
- The Effects of Stress on Memory Formation
- The Impact of Social Interactions on the Development of Mental Illness
- Examine the Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Cognitive Functioning
- Investigating Neuroplasticity in Response to Environmental Stimuli
- Exploring Hormone-Induced Changes in Brain Activity
- The Role of Neurotransmitters in Addiction
- Exploring Sex Differences in Brain Circuitry and its Impact on Behavior.
Social Psychology Research Topics
- Racism and its effects
- What is Homophobia?
- Social issues involving or related to culture
- What is social depression?
- What is social cognition?
- How does social anxiety affect people?
- Gender roles in our society
- Gender discrimination and its causes
- How does peer pressure affect teenagers?
- Effect of marital disputes on children
- How do violent video games affect children and their brain development?
- Effect of violent cartoons on children's behavior and mental state
- How does divorce affect the emotional development of a child?
- Social anxiety and social depression on an introverted child
- How does bullying affect the social interaction of teenagers in high school or college?
Cognitive Psychology Research Topics
- What are the effects of attention deficit or hyperactivity disorder on the development of a child?
- Discuss the effects of Autism.
- How is color psychology effective in cognitive development studies?
- What is the attention span, and how to measure it?
- Memory loss and different ways to recover it
- How do memories affect the behavior of individuals?
- Which factors can help improve problem-solving abilities in children?
- What is a speech disorder, and how does it affect cognitive development?
- What is critical thinking, and how to measure its ability in cognitive psychology?
- How can subconsciousness affect decision-making ability?
- Increasing violence among teenagers and children
- What causes bullying behavior among children?
- Factors that can contribute to delay in the mental development of a child.
- The effect of romantic movies on a child
- Is single parenting suitable for a child’s mental development?
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Controversial Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The influence of video games on aggression in teenagers
- Gender roles in society: An analysis of stereotypes
- The impact of race and ethnicity on mental health
- The effects of television violence on children’s behavior
- Attitudes towards death penalty: Should it be abolished?
- Causes and effects of anxiety disorders
- The effectiveness of psychotherapy in treating depression
- The role of media in promoting body image dissatisfaction among youth
- Is intelligence determined mainly by genetics or environment?
- Impact of poverty on psychological development
- Workplace bullying and its consequences for employees’ mental health
Cultural Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Analyzing the Role of Social Communication Platforms in Shaping Culture
- Examining the Impact of Cultural Diversity on Mental Health
- Exploring Linguistic Influences on Cognitive Development
- Investigating How Media Portrayal Affects Cultural Expectations and Ideologies
- Assessing the Influence of Different Cultural Values on Identity Development
- Studying the Relationship between Cultural Practices and Gender Roles
- Examining Intergenerational Transmission of Culture through Family Dynamics
- Analyzing the Effects of Political and Economic Structures on Cultural Beliefs and Behaviors
- Understanding How Social Norms Impact Moral Decision Making
- Investigating the Impact of Religion on Cultural Attitudes and Practices
Developmental Psychology Research Topics
- Bullying and its effect on mental development.
- The role of media and cartoons in increasing violence.
- How violent video games and cartoons can make children violent?
- Underlying causes that can create a serial killer
- Causes of increase in the psychopathic behavior of teenagers and youth
- Stereotypes and gender roles in our society
- Abusive parents and child development
- Effects of child abuse on the mental development of a child
- Factors that can accelerate the aging process
- Is psychology related to the aging process?
- Long term effects of mental health issues
- How can drugs affect our youth’s mental health in the long run?
- The effects of medication on your mental health
- Effects of postpartum depression on mental health
- How does sleeping disorder lead to other mental illnesses?
Found a topic to write about but don’t know how to start? Here’s an informative video on how to write your research paper.
Abnormal Psychology Research Topics
- What are the causes of the increasing anorexia rate in children?
- Causes of anorexia in adults
- Causes of anxiety disorder and how to overcome it
- Why is there an increase in eating disorders among the youth?
- What are the factors that contribute to an eating disorder?
- Is lying related to the psychology of a person?
- Causes of the rise in teenage suicides
- Is asexuality related to the psychology of a person?
- Psychology and suicidal thoughts
- How to control anxiety and depressing thoughts regarding death?
- What factors can cause multiple personality disorders?
- Violent video games are a cause of mood disorders among children.
- Reasons for phobias and how to deal with them
- Causes of PTSD in offices or workplace
- Is stalking considered a psychological disorder?
Clinical Psychology Research Topics
- Psychology can be used to get control of chronic pain.
- Recent studies suggest that anxiety and panic attacks can be treated using cognitive therapy.
- Is behavioral therapy effective in treating criminals?
- Antidepressants can be addictive, and their usage should be avoided.
- Factors that contribute to post-traumatic stress disorder
- What are the therapy practices effective in dealing with depression?
- Effect of an abusive relationship on the psychology of the victim
- Are antidepressants effective as a remedy for therapy?
- Insomnia – How to treat it in a clinical scenario?
- Which therapy practices are effective in treating addictions?
- Panic attacks and anxiety disorder - How to treat them through therapies?
- Psychological disorders and their clinical treatments
- Causes of Social anxiety and how to treat them?
- Phobias and Paranoias - Treatment through medication and therapy.
- Schizophrenia and the recommended therapies.
Child Psychology Research Topics
- Describe the legal, ethical, and psychological aspects of adoption.
- Negligence of parents is the main cause of childhood obesity. Agreed?
- What are the reasons behind the rising depression in children?
- Explain the introvert personality. What are the consequences of being an introvert, especially in children?
- What are the psychological effects of child abuse? Explain the preventive and remedial measures of childhood abuse.
- What are the consequences of a self-centered mother on a child’s mental wellbeing?
- Explain the phases of a child’s psychological development and growth.
- Does the birth order have any effect on a child’s personality and accomplishments? If yes, then explain how and why?
- How do violent music and video games impact a child’s behavior and mind?
- What are the different kinds of torture, and what are their effects on a child’s mind and adult life?
- Causes of increasing depression among the youth
- What are the physical symptoms of a mental disorder in children?
- Causes of antisocial behavior among teenagers
- Causes and effects of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in children
- Impact of spanking on child’s psychology.
Sports Psychology Research Topics
- What are the future trends in sports psychology? Explain the arguments in light of the high chances of head injuries in football, hockey, and rugby.
- What are the recent changes in team sport and locker room dynamics in sports? Explain your claims with solid evidence and present some future implications also.
- What are the reasons for low health in low-income neighborhoods? How can we use sports and physical activities to promote good health?
- What are the effects and role of the Olympics in promoting sports in the nations that are not active in sports due to underfunding? How can they change their state and invest in games?
- What role do the psychological tests play in determining whether a new athlete coming from the collegiate level will be prone to steroids or violence?
- What are the psychological implications of having a well-known coach on the team? Does it matter if the coach is famous?
- What are the problems faced by young and new coaches? Do they feel pressured and are more prone to injuries? State the reasons with examples.
- Explain the term team chemistry. What is the role of team chemistry in building a sound team and supporting the teammates?
- What are the tactics that athletes can use to control and manage their emotions effectively? Discuss the role of negative emotions in violent sports like boxing.
- How has sport psychology evolved in the last twenty years?
- Significance of sports psychology to promote mental health.
- Effects of steroids on the mental activity of athletes. How does it negatively affect you? What can be done to avoid it?
- Relationship issues and the sports performance of an athlete. How are they related?
- Are panic attacks common in a sportsman’s life? How to deal with them?
- How does a sleeping disorder influence the stamina of the sportsman?
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Experimental Psychology Research Topics
- Can colors play a role in enhancing a person’s mood? Explain how the color blue can make a person feel relaxed and calm.
- Explain the notorious human experiments in history. What are their ethical shortcomings?
- What is the impact of breakfast on a person's overall day-to-day activities?
- What is the relationship between the use of social media and the rising cases of violence in adolescents?
- It is said that geniuses are made, not born. How true is this statement?
- Explain the term Mood Freezing and its implications.
- What is hindsight bias, and how can it be prevented?
- What is a double foot-in-door, and how is it used to manipulate someone?
- What affects the heuristic? Explain it with examples.
- Human cloning can be the answer for childless couples. How true is the statement?
- Causes and effects of dehumanization in Stanford prison.
- Analysis of Milgram’s shock experiment on the unfamiliar environment.
- How can aggression be controlled?
- Obedience and compliance as a function of social status.
- How does group belonging influence an individual’s behavior?
Forensic Psychology Research Topics
- The increasing susceptibility that has led to more home-grown terrorists emerging
- The effectiveness of rehabilitation in prisons and the criminal justice system
- Juvenile murders and what factors affect areas with higher rates of murders carried out by children.
- How does a role in law enforcement impact an individual’s private life?
- Is enough being done to minimize the risks of those in special education ending up in the penal system?
- What is the cause of mass killings in the U.S.?
- Is society neglecting domestic violence that is aimed towards men?
- Explain the role of the internet, movies, and video games in augmenting copycat crimes.
- What is internet police? Explain some useful strategies for effective internet policing.
- What is the role of upbringing in preventing the making of a serial killer? Can a better upbringing prevent it?
- Rules of conduct to follow by the forensic psychologist in the court.
- Risk factors for unreliable evidence.
- Reliability and legitimacy of an eyewitness’s memory.
- The credibility of the statement of a mentally challenged eyewitness.
- Rules to follow by psychologists when verbally interacting with criminals in court.
Interesting Psychology Research Topics
- The effects of media exposure on mental health
- The role of social media in the formation of relationships
- How childhood experiences shape personality development
- The impact of personality traits on academic performance
- Relationship between drug use and criminal behavior
- Understanding the motivations behind substance abuse
- The effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy
- Exploring the effects of different parenting styles
- Investigating the role of memory in decision making
- Examining gender roles and their impact on behavior
- Analyzing the relationships between emotion and cognition
Another easy way to choose psychology research paper topics for your research paper is to write about a famous historical person.
The topic, as narrow as it is, allows the researcher to focus on specific areas. You can also choose to research and write about a psychology career. A case study on an individual by providing a detailed analysis using your research techniques will be great.
Some additional research paper topics will help you carry out meaningful and interesting research.
Tips to Write a Research Paper
However, there are no universal processes for writing a good research paper, but you can follow the following steps:
1. Develop an outline
Before you start writing your research paper, it’s important to develop an outline that will guide your writing process. An outline should include the main points and arguments you want to make throughout the paper. It will help keep your ideas organized and help you stay on track.
2. Research thoroughly
Research is the most important part of writing a research paper.
Make sure you do your due diligence in researching thoroughly and that you’re gathering reliable sources from trusted experts or academics.
3. Develop a thesis statement
Once you have researched, it’s time to develop a thesis statement that’ll act as the main argument throughout your paper. This should be clear and concise while still conveying all the most important points you want to make.
4. Write a first draft
Once you’ve developed an outline and a thesis statement, it’s time to start writing your first draft. This is where you can really get creative and start fleshing out your ideas and arguments in full sentences.
Remember not to get too bogged down in the details. Just focus on getting your ideas on paper.
5. Use citations
Once you’ve finished your research, it’s important to correctly cite all your sources.
This will ensure that you’re giving credit where it’s due. It will also help your readers verify the accuracy of your research.
6. Revise and proofread
Once you’ve finished your first draft, it’s time to go back over it and make any necessary revisions or edits. Make sure that all of your arguments are still clear and supported by evidence and that your paper flows in a logical and coherent manner.
Additionally, make sure you check for any typos, spelling errors, and grammatical mistakes.
After you’ve revised and proofread your research paper, it’s time to submit it!
Make sure that you follow all the required submission guidelines of the publication or professor you’re submitting to.
Let’s sum it up!
Writing a research paper can seem like an arduous task, but you can write a winning paper with enough determination and focus. Remember to always back up your points with evidence and create a logical flow in order for your message to be effectively communicated.
With hard work and dedication, you can create an impactful research paper that will engage your readers. So make sure to take the time to hone your skills and craft a compelling piece of writing!
If you need help, here is a complete guide to writing a research paper that includes everything you need to write a perfect paper.
Not every student has the writing skills or time to dedicate to a research paper. In this case, seeking help from professional writers is the best available option.
5StarEssays.com has a team of professional writers who can write high-quality academic papers, including term papers to custom essays. Ask our writers to ‘ write my essay ’ and avail of all the professional services.
Our professional essay writers have exceptional writing skills, and they can help you with writing assignments within your deadline.
Place your order today and save tons of time and effort in exchange for a reasonable cost.
Masters Essay, Economics Essay
Nathan completed his Ph.D. in journalism and has been writing articles for well-respected publications for many years now. His work is carefully researched and insightful, showing a true passion for the written word. Nathan's clients appreciate his expertise, deep understanding of the process, and ability to communicate difficult concepts clearly.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write a Research Paper - Writing Guide & Examples
- 20+ Thesis Statement Examples for Research Papers
- Learn How to Write an Abstract - Steps & Examples
- How to Write a Literature Review: Steps and Outline
- How to Start a Research Paper - 9 Simple Steps
- How to Write a Hypothesis - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Writing a Research Proposal - Outline, Format, and Examples
- Good Research Paper Topics & Ideas for Students
- Good History Research Paper Topics For Your Help
- How to Cite a Research Paper with the Help of Examples
- How to Write a Research Methodology in 10 Simple Steps
- Research Paper Outline - Basic Format & Sample
- Research Paper Example: Samples to Write a Research Paper
- Great Sociology Research Topics & Ideas (2022-2023)
People Also Read
- narrative essay topics
- appendix writing
- dissertation writing
- how to write a movie review
- personal statement format
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2023 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SEND PASSWORD
Understand the assignment. Choose a research paper topic. Conduct preliminary research. Develop a thesis statement. Create a research paper outline. Write a first draft of the research paper. Write the introduction. Write a compelling body of text. Write the conclusion.
Table of contents. Step 1: Introduce your topic. Step 2: Describe the background. Step 3: Establish your research problem. Step 4: Specify your objective (s) Step 5: Map out your paper. Research paper introduction examples. Frequently asked questions about the research paper introduction.
Before selecting your final topic, make sure you know what your final project should look like. Each class or instructor will likely require a different format or style of research project. 1. Brainstorming for a Topic. Choose a topic that interests you. Use the following questions to help generate topic ideas.
General Education. One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best ...
Abstract. Selection of a research topic is a challenge for students and professionals alike. This paper addresses those challenges by presenting some strategies based on existing body of knowledge ...
Some ideas generated from this one broader topic might be: Causes of the US Revolutionary War; ... A good research paper topic often starts with the question words—why, how, what, who, and where. Remember to make it as specific as possible! Get the essential essay checklist.
1. Conduct Background Research. The first step is to conduct detailed background research by reviewing the existing literature. It will help to identify the history of a well-defined research problem. Similarly, it will also assist in developing research questions and a thesis statement. 2. Brainstorm Topic Ideas.
Then research paper is written by referring to outlines, notes, articles, journals and books. The research paper should be well structured containing core parts like introduction, material and ...
Before formulating your research questions ideas, note that there are 3 important types of research questions: descriptive - these employ careful and comprehensive observation of a phenomenon/ event, subject, trait, etc. in order to characterize it in detail and to potentially reveal important/ interesting/ undescribed aspects or patterns.
If you are interested in your topic, learning about it will be more pleasurable and you will write with greater passion, so choose your topic thoughtfully. Use the following list of 101 research paper topics as a starting point for your paper. As you begin learning and writing about your topic, you should revise or amend your research question ...
Let's sum up how to choose a good research paper topic: Gather with other students, mates, or family members to generate ideas. List each of them. Choose 3-5 most relevant concepts, read some general articles about each of them to pick your favorite one, and make sure there is related information you can use.
POSSIBLE RESEARCH TOPICS Your research paper, and the resulting thesis statement, must be an ARGUABLE issue. Be prepared to present the actual findings of your research convincingly even if you discover that your findings differ from your personal opinions. Remember, research is objective and not a "soap box" for personal views.
Composing a research paper can be a daunting task for first-time writers. In addition to making sure you're using concise language and your thoughts are organized clearly, you need to find a topic that draws the reader in. CollegeVine is here to help you brainstorm creative topics. Below are 100 interesting research paper topics that will ...
To make your investigation process easier, we've collected a list of 200 new and innovative topics for composing an impressive research essay, presentation, or report. No worries if you have little writing experience or creativity - this guide will help you choose a fresh solution for your assignments in no time.
Religion Research Paper Topics The depiction of bisexuality in the Bible Creationism Salman Mehdi - +923337011728 - [email protected] f 9|Page Christianity and economics Modernism and religion Religion and sex Pastrol and religious counseling Intelligent design Church and social action How do teenagers perceive religion Women and ...
Medical Research Topics (Dentistry, Nursing, Psychology) Business (marketing, economics, and finance) Science and Technology (Computer Science, Math, Statistics) Social Sciences (Social Work, Political Science, Sociology) Other Great Research Paper Topics: Technology. Religion. Social Media. Music.
Some potential abnormal psychology topics include specific psychological disorders or particular treatment modalities, including: Eating disorders. Depression. Phobias. Borderline personality disorder. Seasonal affective disorder. Schizophrenia. Antisocial personality disorder.
Investigating the role of memory in decision making. Examining gender roles and their impact on behavior. Analyzing the relationships between emotion and cognition. Another easy way to choose psychology research paper topics for your research paper is to write about a famous historical person.